The newest map pack.

Is it really, truly worth it? I do enjoy myself some Firefight and play it as much as Matchmaking; but in your opinion, were the maps a great purchase for you?

At the very least I’m sure it will help keep me satisfied until Halo: CEA is released.

no

> no

Care to elaborate? Why were you so displeased with it?

I won’t buy it because it is like $10 for two maps and they aren’t even used in Matchmaking. The one map has zero-gravity too, I hate it, it is just a cheap gimmick that doesn’t add to the gameplay at all.

In my opinion the newest map pack has the best maps in halo reach(Looks and Gameplay). But theres only two gametypes to play them on.;so they are good maps but you won’t pay on them other then on the two gametypes.

They’re fun maps and a lot better than other maps(default/forge) but they are rarely played in any playlists other than the DLC ones.

Personally i got them just for the achievements, but i do like them and wish they were played more often.

The map pack currently, the Defiant one… Sadly, just isn’t worth it. The best map out of it, Highlands, NEEDS to be 8v8 to be a great map. Right now at 6v6, it’s only a good map.

The Noble Pack, however, was a great addition to the game. The maps work at their best in 6v6 (Breakpoint in Invasion is what I’m referring to, as just a normal map 8v8 is optimal) and all have great scenery and environments, along with great design.

> The map pack currently, the Defiant one… Sadly, just isn’t worth it. The best map out of it, Highlands, NEEDS to be 8v8 to be a great map. Right now at 6v6, it’s only a good map.
>
> The Noble Pack, however, was a great addition to the game. The maps work at their best in 6v6 (Breakpoint in Invasion is what I’m referring to, as just a normal map 8v8 is optimal) and all have great scenery and environments, along with great design.

Yeah but the maps suck.

i give it a sure why not. Condemned is the space station with a zero g middle where a lot of action is at which is easy for me since i dont know where any of the weapon locations are still. Highlands looks great and is epic however it is 6 v 6 so it doesnt have the epic big team battle feel. Then there is Unearther which is a good solid firefight map which i love using the Rocket Hog on. just gets a little overwhelming in the courtyard.

The maps themselves are fantastic. I really love them all, and I think they’re the best maps in the game.

Problem being, of course, that the matchmaking process seems to NEVER EVER EVER pair you up with someone who ALSO has the DLC. So, your only chance to actually PLAY them is in the DLC playlists…Which never take full advantage of the gametypes the maps are best for. You just get 6v6 on all of them, and it kinda sucks because you will NEVER play 4v4 on Condemned; Possibly one of the best maps FOR 4v4 gameplay in Reach.

If you play a lot of customs with a lot of friends, get them. If you just want some new maps, get them. However, if you do get them, don’t expect to play them in anything except for the DLC playlists. I, for one, have NEVER played a DLC map out of those playlists.

Defiant Map Pack is the better of the two for these reasons

-Condemned (for or against the 0 grav) is a good medium sized map that offers a lot in the sense of oldschool play. this is one of the few maps where Jet-Pack does NOT interrupt map control, it is balanced in almost every aspect, and if you don’t like the 0 gravity, then you don’t have to go through it (the map is actually quite playable without it)

• Highlands also offers some very classic style gameplay, though can be more broken by Jet-Pack and Invisibility. Its a larger map with not much in terms of vehicles. As stated before, this map would be optimal in 8v8 or BTB

-Unearth is the most fun I have had in Firefight. Period. I’m not an avid Firefighter but Iv’e played my share on and offline on every map. The addition of a Rocket Hog makes for a fun Run-N-Gun aspect, but the map itself is so open you have sightlines to everywhere, but with enough cover so you have a chance w/o camping.

The Noble Map Pack IMHO is…well… pretty bad.

• Anchor 9 had potential to be a great map, but it’s not. Its smaller, feels very enclosed and the PW’s take advantage of that (Shotgun and Rox). The 0 grav area (outside of the level) is a hassle and offers only as an escape route or alternative travel. Any battles that occur in the 0 grav area are not really fun at all and feel like you just jumped into a lake of piranhas.

• Breakpoint is LOTS of fun as an invasion map… and that’s it. Its offered as a Slayer and Objective map as well which is really just sad since it was made for Invasion. The map LOOKS big but really it’s not. There are too many heavy vehicles for this map, and the only way to traverse from one side to the other is through one of three choke points.

• Tempest is actually ok. Not the most innovative map but I actually have no complaints with the set up. Mediium sized map, very symmetrical, two Hogs for vehicles, a small variety of PW’s (Rox, Shotgun, Snipers) and again no real way for any AA to abuse this map. Great for objective and not too bad for slayer. This map does require a good amount of teamwork (or at least situational awareness).

Better off preordering Halo CE Anniversary, Halo 4 or Modern Warfare 3. (:

Are you talking about the Defiant? If so, I think it’s worth it and a must-get if you play it a lot. The FF map is pretty good but to be honest I’m not all that interested in FF for Reach. It’s still good though. Condemed is a great map in my oppinion. One of my favourites on Reach, it’s a truely great map and I love the middle section with zero-g. Highlands is ok again. It’s a fun addition but it can get boring.

The Noble map pack is better in my oppinion but I still think it’s worth it.

Tempest for the Noble pack is a bit plain but it’s still good. The other two are great.