The New Threat Didact could pose (A dream I had.)

TL:DR: What if Didact becomes the intelligence behind a new sect of Flood. One set on destroying humanity rather than testing them, and then wants to use the biomass from a infested humanity to finish off his fight against the true flood. See below how I envisioned this scenario to play out.

I had a dream where the absolute record was flood infested and Jul cleansed the immediate area of flood presence and inserted a glowing cube that held Didact’s consciousness into a console.

The console was attached to the flood intelligence and they tried to absorb him into the collective consciousness, but his mind was too fragmented, and his only desire was to destroy humanity, which was incompatible with the Flood’s desire to test humanity.

So he hijacks a large swath of biomass, uses his prometheans to subdue Jul’s forces and converts them to flood. His flood.

Jul and Halsey manage to escape with the Janus Key and are left drifting in space when Didact self destructs some crawlers in their engine room. He cannot have them interfering with his plan anymore.

He begins boarding their ship with wave after wave of prometheans and His Flood and Jul’s forces fight valiantly to protect Halsey and the Janus key but begin to lose.

A lone prototype UNSC fighter craft appears out of slip space. Blue team has arrived. They board the ship with lethal precision and extract Jul and Halsey.

John leaves Jul’s ship on self destruct and it blows right as they escape, severely limiting Didact’s options as his newly claimed biomass is cut by half.

Our heroes make it to the absolute record, and insert the Key back into the console. Screens glitch and lights dim, and a hologram appears.

A fragment of Cortana who had been in Didact’s body armor when he was composed spoke.

“John, I told you I would always look out for you. There isn’t much time. Didact intends on taking Sanghelios, infesting the Sangheli, making a flood army. I’ve heard his thoughts and lived his madness.” He intends to use humanity’s greatest foe as his own.
There is a way to stop him…The Guardians. When the Forerunner’s rose up against their creators, they hijacked their creators greatest weapons. The Guardians were the peacekeepers of the Galaxy. Protected all of creation from calamity, each other, and from extra galactic threats. This was revealed to Didact in a conversation eons ago with…

(hologram fades)

John - Cortana!!! Cortana!!!

Gravemind - We meet again warrior. What’s left of your construct is mine now. I can’t let her give you all of the pieces of the puzzle. For now I leave you in contemplation. Know this, warrior. The age of retribution is at hand.

(Absolute record shakes as a massive flood ship leaves the area.)

Jul vowes to make it to Sanghelios to prevent Didact’s plan

Halsey reveals that she knows how to activate the Guardians, she needs a shard of the crystal found on Reach so many years ago. Jul says the crystal shards were recovered by Sangheli at the end of the Great Schism and reside on Sanghelios. Knowing there is no time to waste Halsey uses the conduit and sends Jul, his remaining warriors and Blue team to Sanghelios, to recover the shards and to prevent the threat of Didact and His Flood.

Meanwhile, Spartan Locke is on Sanghelios investigating the location of the Master Chief. Waiting to meet with the Arbitor.

That title got me curious, but then you said that this was a dream, and because it is a dream there no real basis on it other than what you imagined. It’s a interesting dream and I will admit that, but you should have named this differently, as I expected something else entirely.

> 2533274821609239;2:
> That title got me curious, but then you said that this was a dream, and because it is a dream there no real basis on it other than what you imagined. It’s a interesting dream and I will admit that, but you should have named this differently, as I expected something else entirely.

To be fair I did start off with claiming it was a dream. But anyway, what do you suggest I name it? I’ll try to change it.

That I would have no idea whatsoever, but maybe “Dream about Halo” could work instead? I didn’t think you could change the title of a post after its been given, but it was still an interesting dream.

> 2533274821609239;4:
> That I would have no idea whatsoever, but maybe “Dream about Halo” could work instead? I didn’t think you could change the title of a post after its been given, but it was still an interesting dream.

I made some changes to my post and title. I am glad you found the dream interesting. Thanks for reading.

Very interesting…I like this.
Edit: I could actually see this happening.

That is already what the Flood is essentially doing based on what the Keymind said in Silentium, at least the destroying humanity part. The rest just seems like a retread of what he did with the Promethean Knights.

> 2533274807480458;1:
> TL:DR: What if Didact becomes the intelligence behind a new sect of Flood

Sect of Flood? The Flood represents unity through suffering. The Flood aims to end chaos, free-will and war by consuming life and bringing justice to those that hunted down the Precursors. All beings infected by the Flood are absorbed into the consciousness shared by the Primordial and Graveminds. I hardly think sects of Flood exist. And besides, I think the Flood now essentially ‘tests’ species by fighting and infecting them.

And yeah, it’s pretty much confirmed that the Gravemind twisted the Didact with the logic plague. But I don’t think that goes as far making the Didact join the Flood or allowing huim to command armies of Flood. The Gravemind’s malediction of the Didact’s psyche was accomplished by twisting the beliefs he held so that it would benefit the Gravemind. Those beliefs being his prejudices against humanity, his belief in the mantle and his antipathy towards activating the Halo rings. That’s why he chose to use the Composer to fight the Flood, and began forcefully converting humans into mechanical Prometheans. This was done to cause chaos and arguing between the Forerunners. And the Didact’s solution – the Prometheans – was never a viable solution to the Flood.

The Didact’s decision to forcefully convert humans into war machines is already similar enough to what the Flood do with their hosts (i.e. turn them into Flood combat forms). You can already see how the Gravemind manipulated the Didact. He doesn’t have to lead a Flood army, he’s essentially controlling one now, although indirectly.

> 2533274929494620;8:
> > 2533274807480458;1:
> > TL:DR: What if Didact becomes the intelligence behind a new sect of Flood
>
>
> Sect of Flood? The Flood represents unity through suffering. The Flood aims to end chaos, free-will and war by consuming life and bringing justice to those that hunted down the Precursors. All beings infected by the Flood are absorbed into the consciousness shared by the Primordial and Graveminds. I hardly think sects of Flood exist. And besides, I think the Flood now essentially ‘tests’ species by fighting and infecting them.
>
> And yeah, it’s pretty much confirmed that the Gravemind twisted the Didact with the logic plague. But I don’t think that goes as far making the Didact join the Flood or allowing huim to command armies of Flood. The Gravemind’s malediction of the Didact’s psyche was accomplished by twisting the beliefs he held so that it would benefit the Gravemind. Those beliefs being his prejudices against humanity, his belief in the mantle and his antipathy towards activating the Halo rings. That’s why he chose to use the Composer to fight the Flood, and began forcefully converting humans into mechanical Prometheans. This was done to cause chaos and arguing between the Forerunners. And the Didact’s solution – the Prometheans – was never a viable solution to the Flood.
>
> The Didact’s decision to forcefully convert humans into war machines is already similar enough to what the Flood do with their hosts (i.e. turn them into Flood combat forms). You can already see how the Gravemind manipulated the Didact. He doesn’t have to lead a Flood army, he’s essentially controlling one now, although indirectly.

I completely agree with you. It was just a dream, but the idea behind the dream is what I think is so intriguing. Maybe he won’t be a “sect” of the flood, but I fully believe that his capacity to do his “flood-like” activities will be ramped up and he will pose a significant threat to not only humanity but the rest of the Galaxy. Ultimately his hatred for humanity is secondary to his campaign against the flood and he’s going to need a lot of converted soldiers to achieve a victory over the flood. It may be a flawed tactic because I don’t believe someone could “out flood” the flood themselves, but he has been driven to madness and is pretty much obsessed with his goals, however flawed they may be.

Woah what a dream

He wouldn’t of because the forunner a were killed by the flood when they tried to control them