The new marines... or are they?

So from the trailer we can obviously see the huge change to the marines(?) compared to halo 5: Guardians’ marines, but I was thinking… WHAT IF they’re actually NOT marines!? Now some of you are aware that in Halo: Reach the NPCs were actually SOLDIERS. YES. As in Army. Not marines, and the guys in the trailers look VERY similar to the soldiers from halo reach if you compare them. Just something I wanted to point out which might also mean returning to the MA5 variant MA37 which is what the soldiers and ourselves were using during Reach. Not very important but I thought was pretty cool to point out

They definitely look different though I hope the style will change to something more like it was before Halo: Reach since the development is still going on.
From the distance they look something like the ISA troopers from Killzone & that really is not the best looking design.

And they definitely could be troopers but artstyle has kept on changing so its hard to say for sure.

Marines also wore that same BDU, them being Army would make no sense whatsoever as Army Soldiers would be on the remaining human world’s defending them like they always have, while Marines stay on ships and are deployed via big space freighters, so obviously Chief brought with him to Zeta Halo a UNSC Ship with a few thousand Marines on board.

> 2533274855683281;1:
> So from the trailer we can obviously see the huge change to the marines(?) compared to halo 5: Guardians’ marines, but I was thinking… WHAT IF they’re actually NOT marines!? Now some of you are aware that in Halo: Reach the NPCs were actually SOLDIERS. YES. As in Army. Not marines, and the guys in the trailers look VERY similar to the soldiers from halo reach if you compare them. Just something I wanted to point out which might also mean returning to the MA5 variant MA37 which is what the soldiers and ourselves were using during Reach. Not very important but I thought was pretty cool to point out

could be just to go with the flow of older artstyle which everyone loves BUT i see where youre coming from and id love to see how the story pans out over this.

These new marines arw cool but the Halo 3 marines were my fav (I have been playing Halo longer than it says, before I had xbox live)

> 2533274855683281;1:
> So from the trailer we can obviously see the huge change to the marines(?) compared to halo 5: Guardians’ marines, but I was thinking… WHAT IF they’re actually NOT marines!? Now some of you are aware that in Halo: Reach the NPCs were actually SOLDIERS. YES. As in Army. Not marines, and the guys in the trailers look VERY similar to the soldiers from halo reach if you compare them. Just something I wanted to point out which might also mean returning to the MA5 variant MA37 which is what the soldiers and ourselves were using during Reach. Not very important but I thought was pretty cool to point out

First I’d like to point out that everyone in a armed services roll is refer to as a soldier. So Marines and Army would both be soldiers.

Second from what I took from last weeks Vidoc with the guy who made the trailer it seems like it doesn’t represent anything finished that we will see in the game. They mention that Chief will look differently then he does in the trailer so it’s possible the soldiers will also.

> 2533274800521306;6:
> > 2533274855683281;1:
> > So from the trailer we can obviously see the huge change to the marines(?) compared to halo 5: Guardians’ marines, but I was thinking… WHAT IF they’re actually NOT marines!? Now some of you are aware that in Halo: Reach the NPCs were actually SOLDIERS. YES. As in Army. Not marines, and the guys in the trailers look VERY similar to the soldiers from halo reach if you compare them. Just something I wanted to point out which might also mean returning to the MA5 variant MA37 which is what the soldiers and ourselves were using during Reach. Not very important but I thought was pretty cool to point out
>
> First I’d like to point out that everyone in a armed services roll is refer to as a soldier. So Marines and Army would both be soldiers.
>
> Second from what I took from last weeks Vidoc with the guy who made the trailer it seems like it doesn’t represent anything finished that we will see in the game. They mention that Chief will look differently then he does in the trailer so it’s possible the soldiers will also.

So wrong. Army is referred to as soldiers marines are referred to as marines or In halo leathernecks. Servicemen are used to describe all

> 2533274855683281;1:

I don’t want to insult your knowledge of military matters, but if they are on that ring and were not born there, they are 100% without a doubt Marines. Unless for some strange reason they wanted to send army rangers or scouts in before the Marines or Recon Marines, they are most likely not army soldiers. Here, let me explain it in a more fun way.

In the military we had a lot of fun ways of talking smack to other branches, whether it’s the Air Force having a general order that specified how often you need to change the coffee pot or Marines eating crayons mixed with glue. Some genius at one point decided to create an acronym of US ARMY spelled backwards (Yes My R-word A-word Signed Up) and for the Marines it was (My A-word Rides In Navy Equipment.)

That being said, if any of those four men in the Halo Infinite trailer so much as touched one finger on a Navy UNSC frigate, drop pod, or teleportation device, they are in fact marines and we know what they’re bottom end rides in.

> 2535411852927869;5:
>

Please don’t revive old topics, thanks!