The new Invasion maps positive-ness thread

IF YOU LOVE THESE NEW INV MAPS,COME HERE

With that out of the way, I’ll state the reason I created this thread.

So many “I hate these new Invasion maps” threads going around…so I decided to create a thread in which fellow new inv. map makers, AND the people who like these new inv maps can display their love for them.

I know,the title isn’t all that great,but its the best I can come up right now,If you have a better name for it,I’m welcome to suggestions.

Now, as for as how I feel the new maps go, well here’s my story:
I admit,I hated them at first glance,lol, espcially Overgrowth,but after hearing some inv map strategies, I decided to test them …

Amazingly,they opened my previously shut eyes to the glory of the 2nd era of invasion!I especially love Overgrowth now that I know the strategies…These maps are just so good!

Now here’s my take on the new map haters:

Well,I don’t really aim on changing how you think about them,everybody’s entitled for their own opinoun, but my suggestion?If its your first time playing one of the map,and it gave you bad impressions,I urge you to play it again…these maps each have their own rules and their own strategies,different from Spire/Boneyard/Breakpoint.They may be grey and limited to the Forge contraints,but they’re extremely good maps in their own right.

With that out of the way,I can say that please new inc map lovers,post your story of how you came to like these maps,and what do you think about these map haters if you want to.

I like them lots.

Love at first sight <3
That and I saw all four of them in THFE’s channel WAY before the June update.

As for the haters, most of them seem to like going for kills a little more or they don’t like weapons spawning behind shield doors. I don’t mind them too much, because they are in fact a minority.

EDIT: It might get more attention in the matchmaking section.

> Love at first sight <3
> That and I saw all four of them in THFE’s channel WAY before the June update.
>
> As for the haters, most of them seem to like going for kills a little more or they don’t like weapons spawning behind shield doors. I don’t mind them too much, because they are in fact a minority.
>
> EDIT: It might get more attention in the matchmaking section.

Yes it will,but i say basically all of the "i hate tha new inv maps"thread in this ection,so I figured putting this here would combat all that negativeness, xD

One of the main reasons for creating this is i don’t want somebody at 343 to look at all the negative threads, and not see not a single positive thread…that would looks very bad.:frowning:

I have only been able to play on one of the new maps, but like I said, Invasion is fun again!

> I have only been able to play on one of the new maps, but like I said, Invasion is fun again!

I hope what you played on was Overgrowth…that’s the best of the 4…

Every match in t3 its me against the Scorpion,which allpresent in fails…but now,Me know a secret way to move out of Scorp sightlines and suprise attack the sucka!That and me target practice Scorp’s in Forge World…

Next time me play that map,I’m certain my newfound strategies will help me win…and ultimately that’s the main reason i love the new maps:good strategies.

I’ve been able to spawn kill on them so they’re all right.

Is this the thread where everyone raves about the maps?.. only?

So far Ive only played on Floodgate, and its quite a breath of fresh air, It really feels like your storming a beach to get to the enemy base, man I hope 343 adds invasion forge tools in Halo 5 or 6, the only thing about the new maps I dont like is the forged unmoving dropships. It would be great if you set Pelican and Phantom flight paths and Spawn points for custom Invasion games. Plus I was freaked out when I realized floodgate was a map a friend of mine had found and showed me that we had already explored and edited ourselves.

Are they re-interpretations of Spire, Boneyard and Breakpoint or are they unique Forge World items?

> Are they re-interpretations of Spire, Boneyard and Breakpoint or are they unique Forge World items?

Neither. They are completely original. Although, the are kind of a fusion of Spire, Boneyard, And Breakpoint, with a little Hybrid Forge World-esque vibe tossed into the ingredients…

All beautifully combined to create a refreshing and “New” flavor of maps that could please even the most delicate and picky of Palette’s… Spicy yet crisp and cool with a hint of sweet is how i would best describe them.

:slight_smile:

Sigh - I had to do some research after that post

Overgrowth is a Blood Gulch map with loads of Forge World objects - looks busy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlWihp04Vms

Floodgate is on Paradiso - looks alright
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAz2WCTM43I

Love them. The spawns are placed perfectly using the same kinds of distances that work on Boneyard and Spire. A mix of close and long range areas depending on your playstyle, and obstructed views for a fair chance.

Been playing Invasion for the last few days.

> So far Ive only played on Floodgate, and its quite a breath of fresh air, It really feels like your storming a beach to get to the enemy base, man I hope 343 adds invasion forge tools in Halo 5 or 6, the only thing about the new maps I dont like is the forged unmoving dropships. It would be great if you set Pelican and Phantom flight paths and Spawn points for custom Invasion games. Plus I was freaked out when I realized floodgate was a map a friend of mine had found and showed me that we had already explored and edited ourselves.

I think of Overgroth as storminging the beach one…a beach full of very high rocks xD

The maps are nice though it would be better to coordinate attack efforts with your team (alone or with a small team).

i find the new invasion maps quite fun and amazing i think they did a very good job so thank you for putting new maps in invasion

The new maps suck.

How’s that for positive?

> The new maps suck.
>
> How’s that for positive?

FAIL.

The number of people that like the new maps here OUTWEIGH your single number.

Positive in this thread still rules,but nice try though. :wink:

I got to play it twice yesterday, so when it started it felt more like an invasion, I had to disable enemy defenses and combat the enemy at the same time. There are things I don’t get but I won’t share them unless someone asks. I won one game but kept screwing up while using the banshee - hijacked banshee which was kickin my teams -Yoink-, so I left that one. It wasn’t going so well and I’m pretty sure they were better off. Both times were on Refinery and they were -Yoink-. I want to play some more now, while I was playing Refinery got ovted over in favour of spire. WHY??? In that game after me and my team won the first round the other team - 4 of them quit so it became a 6 on 2 game. My team was just running around not doing much because of lack of enemy so they moved to the spawn postition and that’s how it ended.

But like I said next time I play it’s going to be INVASION.

> I’ve been able to spawn kill on them so they’re all right.

…Good job not playing the maps as the disgners intended…but then again,who really does that!!!
Anyhow,spawn killing in Refinery and Overgrowth are hard…Overgrowth when the Elites realize this is the time to use dem Needler,and Refinery beacaue of the terrain.
Spawn killing in Broadcast is easy,I’ll admit,I’m guilty of it,but never spawn killed in flood gate;played 1 match of it anyway.