The new Halo game name isn't 'Halo 5'?

Hi guys this is my first Post here and I’d just like to share with you all what I think about the new Halo game which most of you call: “Halo 5”.
Now, the name of Halo 5 has been given from the community as in the video you can see the Master Chief and a some-what looking of Cortana’s chip. In other games such as Halo 3: ODST and Halo Reach, the Chief isn’t related in any way. So, there hasn’t been an official name as said by Microsoft’s Phil Spencer.
Now the question is: If the game isn’t Halo 5, is it maybe Halo ONE? it’s reasonable since they don’t want to confirm that Halo 5 is the official name and that might be a major Wow!-Fact at next year’s E3. I guess we’ll just have to wait.

If they try to be witty and give it another complex or cliche sequel name I will be severely disappointed.

The way I see it, the teaser had three purposes:

1. Show off story ideas.
  2. Let people know that the series was continuing on Xbox One (duh).
  3. Let people know that the next game would come out in 2014.

Halo Xbox One may very well not be a sequel to Halo 4 even though it contained elements that suggest that the game is Halo 5.

Halo One is a neat title, but I don’t think they’d go with it.

> The way I see it, the teaser had three purposes:
>
> 1. Show off story ideas.
> 2. Let people know that the series was continuing on Xbox One (duh).
> 3. Let people know that the next game would come out in 2014.
>
> Halo Xbox One may very well not be a sequel to Halo 4 even though it contained elements that suggest that the game is Halo 5.
>
> <mark>Halo One is a neat title, but I don’t think they’d go with it.</mark>

Halo One would be a very confusing name, and there aren’t very many reasons on why it won’t end up being Halo 5.

> > The way I see it, the teaser had three purposes:
> >
> > 1. Show off story ideas.
> > 2. Let people know that the series was continuing on Xbox One (duh).
> > 3. Let people know that the next game would come out in 2014.
> >
> > Halo Xbox One may very well not be a sequel to Halo 4 even though it contained elements that suggest that the game is Halo 5.
> >
> > <mark>Halo One is a neat title, but I don’t think they’d go with it.</mark>
>
> Halo One would be a very confusing name, and there aren’t very many reasons on why it won’t end up being Halo 5.

I heard from Halo5Follower (not a super reliable resource, but it kinda works) that the possible title could be “Halo V,” the “V” being the Roman numeral for “5.” He found it on a website kinda like Amazon, not sure if it was Amazon, but it was something like that.

However, some other innovative names could be cool. I remember “Halo: Reclamation” being thrown out there as an idea some time ago.

I want Halo 2 Anniversary in 2014… PLEASE!

343 needs to take more time with Halo 5, or whatever they call the next Halo game, so they can ensure that the game is actually finished when it launches. They also NEED to do a public beta of the game. I’m glad 343 has been trying to fix the game with the weapons tuning and all, but this could have been taken care of before the game released.

> If they try to be witty and give it another complex or cliche sequel name I will be severely disappointed.

So long as it doesn’t start with the letters “Re” I’ll be happy.

one thing I recently noticed, is that if you look at the clouds in the background, there is a dark spot in the shape of a large 5 after the word Halo, it hardly seems like a coincidence to me

> > > The way I see it, the teaser had three purposes:
> > >
> > > 1. Show off story ideas.
> > > 2. Let people know that the series was continuing on Xbox One (duh).
> > > 3. Let people know that the next game would come out in 2014.
> > >
> > > Halo Xbox One may very well not be a sequel to Halo 4 even though it contained elements that suggest that the game is Halo 5.
> > >
> > > <mark>Halo One is a neat title, but I don’t think they’d go with it.</mark>
> >
> > Halo One would be a very confusing name, and there aren’t very many reasons on why it won’t end up being Halo 5.
>
> I heard from Halo5Follower (not a super reliable resource, but it kinda works) that the possible title could be “Halo V,” the “V” being the Roman numeral for “5.” He found it on a website kinda like Amazon, not sure if it was Amazon, but it was something like that.
>
> However, some other innovative names could be cool. I remember “Halo: Reclamation” being thrown out there as an idea some time ago.

I wouldn’t recommend listening to anything he says. His information is usually accurate and he makes a lot of false assumptions.

> > > > The way I see it, the teaser had three purposes:
> > > >
> > > > 1. Show off story ideas.
> > > > 2. Let people know that the series was continuing on Xbox One (duh).
> > > > 3. Let people know that the next game would come out in 2014.
> > > >
> > > > Halo Xbox One may very well not be a sequel to Halo 4 even though it contained elements that suggest that the game is Halo 5.
> > > >
> > > > <mark>Halo One is a neat title, but I don’t think they’d go with it.</mark>
> > >
> > > Halo One would be a very confusing name, and there aren’t very many reasons on why it won’t end up being Halo 5.
> >
> > I heard from Halo5Follower (not a super reliable resource, but it kinda works) that the possible title could be “Halo V,” the “V” being the Roman numeral for “5.” He found it on a website kinda like Amazon, not sure if it was Amazon, but it was something like that.
> >
> > However, some other innovative names could be cool. I remember “Halo: Reclamation” being thrown out there as an idea some time ago.
>
> I wouldn’t recommend listening to anything he says. His information is usually accurate and he makes a lot of false assumptions.

Agreed.

Never (never) listen to people like Halo5Follower, everything people like them say is usually unreliable due to the fact that they aren’t from 343i.

> > > > > The way I see it, the teaser had three purposes:
> > > > >
> > > > > 1. Show off story ideas.
> > > > > 2. Let people know that the series was continuing on Xbox One (duh).
> > > > > 3. Let people know that the next game would come out in 2014.
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo Xbox One may very well not be a sequel to Halo 4 even though it contained elements that suggest that the game is Halo 5.
> > > > >
> > > > > <mark>Halo One is a neat title, but I don’t think they’d go with it.</mark>
> > > >
> > > > Halo One would be a very confusing name, and there aren’t very many reasons on why it won’t end up being Halo 5.
> > >
> > > I heard from Halo5Follower (not a super reliable resource, but it kinda works) that the possible title could be “Halo V,” the “V” being the Roman numeral for “5.” He found it on a website kinda like Amazon, not sure if it was Amazon, but it was something like that.
> > >
> > > However, some other innovative names could be cool. I remember “Halo: Reclamation” being thrown out there as an idea some time ago.
> >
> > I wouldn’t recommend listening to anything he says. His information is usually accurate and he makes a lot of false assumptions.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Never (never) listen to people like Halo5Follower, everything people like them say is usually unreliable due to the fact that they aren’t from 343i.

In all honesty, its just 100% speculation. We can all speculate which is one thing we do on the forums. I just wouldn’t ever quote him.

Welllll if it means anything someone recently tweeted the halo waypoint page “I can’t wait for Halo 5” and they tweeted back saying “happy to hear you enjoyed the e3 trailer”

> > > > > The way I see it, the teaser had three purposes:
> > > > >
> > > > > 1. Show off story ideas.
> > > > > 2. Let people know that the series was continuing on Xbox One (duh).
> > > > > 3. Let people know that the next game would come out in 2014.
> > > > >
> > > > > Halo Xbox One may very well not be a sequel to Halo 4 even though it contained elements that suggest that the game is Halo 5.
> > > > >
> > > > > <mark>Halo One is a neat title, but I don’t think they’d go with it.</mark>
> > > >
> > > > Halo One would be a very confusing name, and there aren’t very many reasons on why it won’t end up being Halo 5.
> > >
> > > I heard from Halo5Follower (not a super reliable resource, but it kinda works) that the possible title could be “Halo V,” the “V” being the Roman numeral for “5.” He found it on a website kinda like Amazon, not sure if it was Amazon, but it was something like that.
> > >
> > > However, some other innovative names could be cool. I remember “Halo: Reclamation” being thrown out there as an idea some time ago.
> >
> > I wouldn’t recommend listening to anything he says. His information is usually accurate and he makes a lot of false assumptions.
>
> Agreed.
>
> Never (never) listen to people like Halo5Follower, everything people like them say is usually unreliable due to the fact that they aren’t from 343i.

Not to mention (and I mean no real insult by this) but Halo5follower is kind of an idiot. He can barely speak without constantly repeating himself and tripping over words. Which I would normally be fine with if he didn’t constantly give misinformation.

I remember back during Halo4followerwhen he took a picture of an ELITE in a forest, and went on and on about how he thought it was a Forerunner. It was an ELITE. It was obvious and plain as day.

Halo 5, then Halo 6, then Halo 7, then Halo 8, and then Halo 9? Well it was announced that the current trilogy is aiming to become a saga now so I would presume that 343i is aware that using that many numbers could cause the iconic franchise to be perceived as overabundant, milked, and played out. I would assume that they are debating departing from the 1,2,3 naming format but have not ruled it out as a possibility as of yet.