The new gametype shown in the Halo 4 "First Look"

I have interpretated the scoring mechanics of this gametype from this GIF Picture:
http://h9.abload.de/img/gif3bqadk.gif

I have created this thread because I haven’t found any other threads about this topic in the Halo 4 forum on this site.
The gameplay sequence shown in this picture reveals a scoring mechanic in the gametype called “BR Slayer”.
This mechanic appears to be based on the number of shots that are put on an enemy player, which can be seen as the score of the player from the blue team increases at the moment he shoots the player from the red team.
The reason I interpretate it this way is that the score of the player from the blue team increases even though he didn’t kill the player from the red team.
There also appears to be a mechanic that increases the number of the score a player gets when he kills enemy players in a certain way. This is indicated by the two symbols (which are probably medals) that show up after the player from the blue team kills the player from the red team. Interpretating this further, the symbol that is on the left side appears to be showing up for killing an enemy player with a headshot (using a precision weapon). The medal that shows up on the right side appears to be showing up for getting an assist (which will probably be defined the same way as in the previous Halo games).

I would like to add that, from what I have seen, the Halo 4 “First Look” video hasn’t been analyzed far enough by players. I myself have analyzed it pretty much as far as I think I can (and within that I have found a lot more information than there has been written about, at least on the forums on this site).

You’re late. People noticed this almost instantly. That’s why there’s no threads about it, everyone knows.

Anyway, I like the idea. What I think it is medals play a part in the scoring.

have you noticed the teams are unicors vs wolves in the bottom right corner?

> I have interpretated the scoring mechanics of this gametype from this GIF Picture:
> http://h9.abload.de/img/gif3bqadk.gif
>
>
> I have created this thread because I haven’t found any other threads about this topic in the Halo 4 forum on this site.
> The gameplay sequence shown in this picture reveals a scoring mechanic in the gametype called “BR Slayer”.
> This mechanic appears to be based on the number of shots that are put on an enemy player, which can be seen as the score of the player from the blue team increases at the moment he shoots the player from the red team.
> The reason I interpretate it this way is that the score of the player from the blue team increases even though he didn’t kill the player from the red team.
> There also appears to be a mechanic that increases the number of the score a player gets when he kills enemy players in a certain way. This is indicated by the two symbols (which are probably medals) that show up after the player from the blue team kills the player from the red team. Interpretating this further, the symbol that is on the left side appears to be showing up for killing an enemy player with a headshot (using a precision weapon). The medal that shows up on the right side appears to be showing up for getting an assist (which will probably be defined the same way as in the previous Halo games).
>
>
> I would like to add that, from what I have seen, the Halo 4 “First Look” video hasn’t been analyzed far enough by players. I myself have analyzed it pretty much as far as I think I can (and within that I have found a lot more information than there has been written about, at least on the forums on this site).

News to me. Cool maybe a 4 shot BR kill is worth more points than a 6-7 shot BR kill??? Or am I confused?

> have you noticed the teams are unicors vs wolves in the bottom right corner?

Could either be clan match (Implementation of clan system) or simply red and blue teams now have logos.

Good Eye! didnt notice it till’ now, thanks!

if you look at the avatar pics on the forums some people hace rank:master of unicorns. coincodence? i think not.

> if you look at the avatar pics on the forums some people hace rank:master of unicorns. coincodence? i think not.

That rank is something to do with the member not posting on the day ranks were introduced. It is a bug that Waypoint are still currently fixing.

Or, someone else on red team got killed just before the player shot the red spartan.

The logos could just be the emblems of the MVPs on each team. I don’t know though. Could also be something to do with clans.

maybe

> Or, someone else on red team got killed just before the player shot the red spartan.

I don’t think that material that is so coincidental would be shown in a trailer.

> The logos could just be the emblems of the MVPs on each team.

I never thought of it that way, it’s a good idea.

In terms of the game mode I would guess like many others it’s just a different scoring system based on headshot’s/ melee/ grenade / assist etc or even medal based.

>

Call the police, there’s a madman around.

oh noes lol

> > Or, someone else on red team got killed just before the player shot the red spartan.
>
> I don’t think that material that is so coincidental would be shown in a trailer.

It wasn’t coincidental…

Someone else died when the blue guy shot the red guy… That’s coincidental enough for them to not show it?

> > > Or, someone else on red team got killed just before the player shot the red spartan.
> >
> > I don’t think that material that is so coincidental would be shown in a trailer.
>
> It wasn’t coincidental…
>
> Someone else died when the blue guy shot the red guy… That’s coincidental enough for them to not show it?

These events didn’t happen at the same time.

> > have you noticed the teams are unicors vs wolves in the bottom right corner?
>
> Could either be clan match (Implementation of clan system) or simply red and blue teams now have logos.

Or perhaps it’s the emblem of the team’s top player? What if, on that note, a new score mechanic in the results screen showed who maintained the top position in his or her respective team for the longest?

Nice find, looks like an interesting gametype.

> > > have you noticed the teams are unicors vs wolves in the bottom right corner?
> >
> > Could either be clan match (Implementation of clan system) or simply red and blue teams now have logos.
>
> Or perhaps it’s the emblem of the team’s top player? What if, on that note, a new score mechanic in the results screen showed who maintained the top position in his or her respective team for the longest?

Yeah, that could also be quite interesting.

Another addition that someone else has probably already spotted and discussed: The “1 and 2” beside Red and Blue team. It might just be simply team 1 and 2 and for the reason of multi team modes but we do sort of know it’s Red vs Blue. What do you think?