The New Forward Unto Dawn

The New Forward Unto Dawn

So It looks…Different…And is somehow back into two pieces?
Why do you think this is?
A new one built to replace the old?
Do you think it gets repaired?
Maybe a new one transported by the Infinity (If Possible)?

If that Mega Blocks ship is indeed the destroyed FuD just with the graphics enhanced, I would hope they would change it.
A ship just can magically rebuild itself in space, can it?

Also why does Mega Blocks make Halo toys? It should so be Lego.

Discuss why you think the Forward Unto Dawn looks so different.

Peace.

[Edit] It also comes with to high ranking UNSC officers. Maybe Jacob, the Chief, and someone else fly the repaired FuD?
And if this redesign is set in stone, I may have a broken heart. I loved the old look of the Frigates. Sadface

343i thought a redesign was necessary. Don’t really agree, but it’s still just half the ship. And that Mega Blocks model actually splits in two.

The new design retconns the old design. There isn’t a canonical explanation for why its changed, it is purely an aesthetic decision. Artistic license.

It’s a shame really because the new design looks awful and has lost all the character and charm of the original design. This is made even weirder by the appearance of Paris-class Frigates in the Infinity commissioning trailer, so it’s hard to work out why they redesigned the Dawn when the general Frigate design still exists.

Tldr; 343i decided to make the FuD look different, and aren’t concerned with issues of quality or consistency.

The Mega Blox set comes apart at the middle to reenact the situation in Halo 4. The Damn is not “magically healed.”

looks a lot more star wars-y. But then again it always did

I feel some sort of sting when people are like, Legos should do halo and so forth. I don’t make them but I guess it’s because I play with someone in megabloks usually.

Megabloks halo are good quality. There is a new design and from that picture, you can see
It be missing parts. As a frigate builder, it was a Paris class but I can still say, I can say that it’s a section of it. Some parts seem added back but it’s not 100% intact.

I don’t think the Megabloks set really captures the FUD very well IMO.

I need a bigger image…

I don’t mind that there is a Megabloks version of the FuD. That’s fine. I’m just disappointed that the ship has been redesigned completely, and it really makes me worry about what else might be totally redesigned without warrant.

They may not hive the artistic lisence. That’s kind why they had to change most things.

> The new design retconns the old design. There isn’t a canonical explanation for why its changed, it is purely an aesthetic decision. Artistic license.
>
> It’s a shame really because the new design looks awful and has lost all the character and charm of the original design. This is made even weirder by the appearance of Paris-class Frigates in the Infinity commissioning trailer, so it’s hard to work out why they redesigned the Dawn when the general Frigate design still exists.
>
> Tldr; 343i decided to make the FuD look different, and aren’t concerned with issues of quality or consistency.

I completely agree.

> They may not hive the artistic lisence. That’s kind why they had to change most things.

Eh?? That’s not what artistic license means.

According to some of my sources, 343/Bungie originally proposed a deal with LEGO but they refused because they don’t make legos based on M rated shooters. So they went with Mega Bloks. On a aesthetic approach, I love the new design.

And if you look at the UNSC logo it’s back to the original.

I don’t see why it’s odd to see Paris Class Frigates in the Commissioning video when the Dawn has changed. The Dawn is a Charon Class so they probably changed it so they could differentiate the classes a little more?

> The new design retconns the old design. There isn’t a canonical explanation for why its changed, it is purely an aesthetic decision. Artistic license.
>
> It’s a shame really because the new design looks awful and has lost all the character and charm of the original design. This is made even weirder by the appearance of Paris-class Frigates in the Infinity commissioning trailer, so it’s hard to work out why they redesigned the Dawn when the general Frigate design still exists.
>
> Tldr; 343i decided to make the FuD look different, and aren’t concerned with issues of quality or consistency.

Character and charm of a ship you hardly see?

I can understand that with the pillar of autumn, but none of the other ships have ever screamed “character” to me. The Death star, that’s a ship (or station, if ye must be technical) with character.

It’s still got the same basic look, got the two spokes, and a fat posterior. That’s all I really ask. Not like it became a star destroyer or the enterprise.

> I don’t see why it’s odd to see Paris Class Frigates in the Commissioning video when the Dawn has changed. The Dawn is a Charon Class so they probably changed it so they could differentiate the classes a little more?

Other than the Dawn from the teaser trailor, I havent seen a fullbodied view of it since, and to me it didnt look all that different.

Also, Shadow is correct about the Frigates being in the Commissioning. I dont see why they would go to the effort of bringing back Frigates just to completely redesign the Dawn.

> The New Forward Unto Dawn

Oh my… now that is different. Where is the Halo 3 Hangar door? What happened to the engines? WHHHHYYYYYYYYY!!!

It’s impossible for a UNSC frigate to appear so different. Obviously, it was rebuilt.

Since when do Frigates look like that at all? It looks kind of cheesy now. I liked Bungies Frigates better, this one looks awkward.

This: http://www.halopedia.org/images/0/06/H3-UNSCForwardUntoDawnFrigate.png looks awesome.

This: http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/FUD-side-view.jpg doesn’t even really make sense to me. Chief was standing in the long section of the ship when he was looking at the gate in the trailer, the long section is a MAC canon, is it not? Why are their hallways and decks for crewmen to go through so close to the MAC? The original FUD didn’t have this problem.

people still argue about Aesthetic retcons?

really?

> Since when do Frigates look like that at all? It looks kind of cheesy now. I liked Bungies Frigates better, this one looks awkward.
>
> This: http://www.halopedia.org/images/0/06/H3-UNSCForwardUntoDawnFrigate.png looks awesome.
>
> This: http://halofanforlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/FUD-side-view.jpg doesn’t even really make sense to me. Chief was standing in the long section of the ship when he was looking at the gate in the trailer, the long section is a MAC canon, is it not? Why are their hallways and decks for crewmen to go through so close to the MAC? The original FUD didn’t have this problem.

It has to be rebuilt, well it has to be. The couldn’t change it so drastically and ugly. It cannot be a retcon. It changes too much.