The new CTF system promotes teamwork.

It seems everyone who hates the idea of being stuck with the flag is a horrible idea. most of them say something along the lines of this:

> What if some vehicle is chasing me and I want to get out my rocket launcher or something else to take it down?

First of all. Why do you have a rocket launcher?
If you have a rocket launcher and you are going to attempt a flag run, you’re playing the game wrong. As someone with a rocket launcher, you are most useful to the team if you are using it to defend the flag carrier. You shouldn’t be the flag carrier yourself.

It promotes more teamwork and strategy.
As I said above, If you have a power weapon, you should use it to defend the flag runner. When you pick up the flag, you are accepting the role as the flag runner. As the flag runner, your ONLY goal is to run the flag. You aren’t an anti vehicle role and you shouldn’t be able to be. Protecting the flag runner is something the 7 other team mates you have should be doing, not the flag runner himself.

One person can’t easily perform a flag run.
With the old system, it was easy to grab a sword or rocket, then go grab the flag and score it. If you have a rocket on your back and you have the flag, you can easily run it by yourself. (Drop the flag when you see an enemy and fire away.) That just defeats the purpose of having a team. The new system ensures the flag runner isn’t a walking fortress.

The flag runner should be vulnerable and rely on friendly protection.
With the new system, the flag runner is at a severe disadvantage. He only has a pistol and can abandon his role. This is a good thing because now, teamwork comes into play. Your team mates should be protecting you when you have the flag. A flag runner can do this by himself.

> it was never a problem before. Nobody ever complained like “I dislike the feature that you can drop the flag, I wish 343 would take that out.” It’s just a stupid idea. I hope it was just a glitch.

So according to this, things should only be changed if there is a negative outcry? That’s false. There’s a lot of things added to lots of games that people don’t beg for. The developers are creating a game that they would like to play. That’s what all devs do and you just have to either deal with it or don’t buy the game.

TL;DR
The fact that the flag runner can’t drop the flag only promotes more team play. If you don’t like the way 343 is making the game, then don’t buy it. you won’t be missed.

> First of all. Why do you have a rocket launcher?
> If you have a rocket launcher and you are going to attempt a flag run, you’re playing the game wrong.

You have no idea what you are talking about.

https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst109860_Team-Work-in-CTF.aspx

So let’s say I’m fighting off some enemies, and the flag carrier dies, I’m holding the Rockets & Sniper, the two weapons that could guarantee the flag capture if someone else picks it up.

I accidentally walk over the flag…

That forces me to die, lose the two weapons and ultimately, lose the flag cap.

> You have no idea what you are talking about.

He has a better understanding of it than 90% of the people who complain about it

Sadly, this.

There are times where you should at least pull the flag out and then slay with your power weapon. Not doing so is being selfish.

> So let’s say I’m fighting off some enemies, and the flag carrier dies, I’m holding the Rockets & Sniper, the two weapons that could guarantee the flag capture if someone else picks it up.
>
> I accidentally walk over the flag…
>
> That forces me to die, lose the two weapons and ultimately, lose the flag cap.

i agree 100%. the no dropping mechanic IMO isnt bad, but the auto pick up paired with this mechanic is a game breaker

he has a rocket launcher because he didnt know u cant drop the flag

You don’t need to be crippled to give a false sense of teamwork.

The main argument people who are accepting this use is that you have to commit to being the flag runner. Why? Can’t I pick it up, move it halfway, then let my team come get it while I hold off the enemy? The new system is against teamwork in my opinion. OK, now I can use a gun to defend myself instead of having my teammate defend me. OK, now I can run faster so no one needs to get me in a vehicle and drive, or once again, protect me. OK, now I can’t drop the flag, many of the strategies and tactics used in the last games that involve team work won’t be valid anymore, because I can’t drop the -Yoinking!- flag! It’s a bad idea! Stop defending it! It is limiting choices, not increasing the number of them. I’m a super soldier, and I can’t drop a flag!

> So let’s say I’m fighting off some enemies, and the flag carrier dies, I’m holding the Rockets & Sniper, the two weapons that could guarantee the flag capture if someone else picks it up.
>
> I accidentally walk over the flag…
>
> That forces me to die, lose the two weapons and ultimately, lose the flag cap.

How do you “accidentally” walk over the flag.That’s 100% your fault. But I do think you should have to press a button.

> https://forums.halo.xbox.com/yaf_postst109860_Team-Work-in-CTF.aspx

You don’t understand how irrelevant that is seeing as how Battle Creek isn’t even in the game.

> You don’t need to be crippled to give a false sense of teamwork.

You amuse me. It isn’t a “false” sense of team work when you actually ARE using teamwork.

That’s cool. I’m glad you have nothing to add to the discussion. Please be useless somewhere else.

The skull can be passed to teammates

Forums: Yea! WOW! Fantastic! It promotes teamwork! New awesome tactics incoming! New gametypes possibilities!

Flag can’t even be dropped

Forums: Yes! it promotes Teamwork! New awesome tactics incoming!

You have to be kidding me.

>

You have to be kidding me. First, yes, you can walk over the flag accidentaly. If I strafe, and don’t see it to me left, or back up, and don’t know it’s behind me, I will pick it up. Second, just because the map is not in Halo 4, doesn’t mean the strategy is not valid in this conversation. Third, it takes away from having to use teamwork! Many strategies that use teamwork require you to be able to drop the flag!

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Fourth, shut up, you are blindly accepting a bad gameplay change. It’s so outrageous, people thought it was a glitch at first!

> The skull can be passed to teammates
>
> Forums: Yea! WOW! Fantastic! It promotes teamwork! New awesome tactics incoming! New gametypes possibilities!
>
>
> Flag can’t even be dropped
>
> Forums: Yes! it promotes Teamwork! New awesome tactics incoming!
>
>
> You have to be kidding me.

Ha, I forgot about that, everyone’s hypocritical on here. I love the idea of passing the oddball, I wish you could throw the flag like a javelin too, that would be awesome.

> > The skull can be passed to teammates
> >
> > Forums: Yea! WOW! Fantastic! It promotes teamwork! New awesome tactics incoming! New gametypes possibilities!
> >
> >
> > Flag can’t even be dropped
> >
> > Forums: Yes! it promotes Teamwork! New awesome tactics incoming!
> >
> >
> > You have to be kidding me.
>
> Ha, I forgot about that, everyone’s hypocritical on here. I love the idea of passing the oddball, I wish you could throw the flag like a javelin too, that would be awesome.

That would be insane dude!

>
> Forums: Yea! WOW! Fantastic! It promotes teamwork! New awesome tactics incoming! New gametypes possibilities!
>
>
>
>
>

Are you really surprised? Most people here will defend everything.

[deleted]

> >
> > Forums: Yea! WOW! Fantastic! It promotes teamwork! New awesome tactics incoming! New gametypes possibilities!
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Ha, I forgot about that, everyone’s hypocritical on here. I love the idea of passing the oddball, I wish you could throw the flag like a javelin too, that would be awesome.

Only if I can pin bodies to walls with it like in TF2.

> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Are you really surprised? Most people here will defend everything.

Ya, I’m so tired of this. People will defend anything that 343 does. If Halo 5 had ADS, no shields, strap the flag to your back, vehicles gone, no customization, and killstreaks, people would still defend it.

>
>
>
>
>
>

I hope you realize that a few posters out of possibly hundreds if not thousands do not represent the entire forum.
And my opinion doesn’t reflect the entire forum either. If you don’t understand that, you have got to be kidding ME.

Besides, I haven’t seen enough oddball to judge anything on it. And CTF and Oddball work completely differently too.

> You have to be kidding me. First, yes, you can walk over the flag accidentaly. If I strafe, and don’t see it to me left, or back up, and don’t know it’s behind me, I will pick it up. Second, just because the map is not in Halo 4, doesn’t mean the strategy is not valid in this conversation. Third, it takes away from having to use teamwork! Many strategies that use teamwork require you to be able to drop the flag! Fourth, shut up, you are blindly accepting a bad gameplay change. It’s so outrageous, people thought it was a glitch at first!

The flag is clearly defined on your screen at all times. If you don’t have the situational awareness to avoid it, it’s your fault you couldn’t avoid it.

One strategy, used exclusively to one map is completely irrelevant. I don’t care how you can cap a flag in 7 seconds on Battle Creek by tossing the flag up because guess what. I won’t be playing CTF on Battle Creek and tossing the flag up.

Sorry I’m not some MLG pro who sits in a room discussing where and when we are gonna perform flag tosses xD. If you don’t like to change strategies, then you -Yoink- out of luck.

So anyone who disagrees with you is blindly accepting the change? You sir sound like someone blindly bashing the change. You have never played and obviously have never given it any though. When I first saw it, I was weirded out. But the I gave it some though and saw the benefit. giving a feature some though isn’t blindly accepting something. You’re just a poor little tryhard who doesn’t like when people disagree with you. That’s obvious. get over it. You are only wasting your efforts complaining about it. 343 won’t change anything.