The (new) "Create your own weapon" thread!

A very long time ago, in a Waypoint far far away, there was a thread that involved people sharing ideas for weapons that they’d like to see in the upcoming ‘Halo Xbox One.’

Now, now that we’ve known that ‘Halo Xbox One’ ended up being Halo: The Master Chief Collection and that Halo 5: Guardians will launch in Fall 2015 ever since last E3 and last May, may we relight the flames of the original “Create your own weapon” thread and once again show 343 Industries what we ourselves have in mind before Halo 5 launches next fall.

Alright then,

Share your weapons, ideas, and concepts.

Last time, I gave a template to use… but templates are too mainstream these days. I also had a ‘reserved post’ showing a full list with links to people’s idea posts in the threads, and, due to how I have the ability to post links on Waypoint (something that you must unlock), I will continue to follow that role. A “Reserved Post(s)” listing everyone’s creations will exist below.

Enjoy!

User Creations:

Will be updated

User Creations: (Continued if I run out of room)

will be updated

We need some ancient Human tech back, I want that gun they use in terminal 5 flood right when the Didact takes the LoAs ship and his personal guard raise their weapons, but realising there is no point the LoAs puts his hand on the soldier to his rights gun and lowers it. This for one mission in campaign before it disintegrates after 10 shots or so. Has to be completely OP as duck as the San Shyuum and Ancient Humans devised these weapons powerful enough to penetrate Forerunner high level battle armour. I don’t want it like the Shiterifle, but something truly beautiful and terrifying.

For designing my own I believe we should have:
A Heavy MG with a slow rate of fire, as in one shot every 0.25 seconds, requires a cool down if held on firing (covenant vent style no reloading). Fires blue/white Hardlight very heavy hitting rounds (maybe experiment with some fire / electricity effects around the central cooling core vent on either side of gun) (and some light where the particle accelerator speed up along the barrel or however it works).
It needs a good name like Dawnbreaker, or HR-02 ‘Förtryck’.
Lore for this is like Locke’s armour it is a fusion of Forerunner and Human technologies, so they managed to nail it but not with a high ROF or great cooling. Would love it to be Locke’s special weapon, and chief has his trusty crossbow. Speaking of which has to be epic, developed by innies on a far out colony for use of hunting those massive things. It is by no means a throw together, highly advanced, can fire multiple shots before reloading due to kinetic reloading? the wire then a bolt is slotted up through the frame of the crossbow via a magazine that attaches underneath (nailed it!) (Slow ROF).

Other than that I would like there to be an advanced precision weapon but I can’t think of one so the DMR will have to do.

Type-102 Promethean ‘Charge Rifle’

Basic Forerunner, Sniper styled weapon. 3x zoom - 7x zoom.

Clip size: 2 Rounds.

Maximum reserve rounds: 4 Rounds.

Cannot be fired unless in scope.

While in scope, Pulling the trigger will result in a basic Sniper shot.

Holding down the trigger will cause the weapon to charge up it’s shot. Maximum charge reached after 10 seconds.

Maximum charged shot is a one hit kill.

Maximum charged shot can over penetrate multiple targets and certain pieces of geometry.

Maximum charge will disintegrate victims.

Requires a cool down time. Cool down is equal to charge time. (E.G: 10 second charge = 10 second coll down).

This weapon fires Trace Rounds.

Tell me what you guys like/dislike about these ideas. Most of them are all-new weapons, while some of them are redesigns of older weapons.

Mortar
Fires a powerful rocket in a heavy arc trajectory, very useful for firing over obstacles and low cover. It has a very wide blast radius, but the projectile makes a very loud whining noise when shot. Perfect for defending your home base. It would often be featured in CTF (where defense plays a very pivotal war), and would also be great on the more flat maps that come with a lot of cover.

Homing-Missile
Like the Rocket Launcher, but with a smaller blast radius and less splash damage. However, this is in exchange for the ability to steer your missiles mid-flight, via holding down the right trigger after firing. The steering may be a bit stiff now and then, but it’s extremely useful for correcting your aim.

Quad-Rocket
Fires mini-rockets in four round bursts, with very little delay in between shots, pretty much allowing you to rapid fire. These rockets are very, very weak compared to other launchers (only one shot kill on direct hit), but on the bright side, the rapid bursts allow you to take down multiple enemies at once if you have good enough accuracy.

Cryoshot
A shotgun-esque weapon that fires ice crystals in a very tight spread. Firing at a target with most of the crystals will freeze him/her for a brief moment (before their armor reacts by heating up, thus thawing the ice). Hitting the target with around half of the crystals will slow him down. The tight spread makes the weapon useful at much longer ranges than the other shotguns, but the projectiles move slow enough that they can be dodged unless you’re good at leading your shots, plus it’s 2sk rather than 1sk. The weapon is perfect for stopping a target from fleeing.

Double Barrel Shotgun
A sawed-off slug shotgun with two barrels. It simultaneously fires the two slugs, which spread out from each other over distance. Has to reload after every shot. Is better at longer ranges than the normal shotgun but requires better precision. Takes four slugs to kill (two shots). You would have to reload after every shot, very much making it a hit-and-run-style weapon.

Chaingun
A replacement for the SAW. It has one endless magazine of 300 rounds (no reloads required), and it’s extremely powerful. However, it has a brief spin-up time before firing, and there’s a 20% movement speed reduction while spinning the barrel or firing. It’s also very loud, giving away your position and attracting enemies. It also has pretty high recoil. However, all of these cons are nullified because of the weapon’s raw power and firing rate. The weapon is great for covering fire, support, and area denial, but sucks on the pure offensive.

Blaster
Would also be known as the skill pistol in multiplayer. It would fire long plasma bolts with a relatively slow travel speed and firing rate for this type of weapon, meaning it’d be essentially to lead targets at all times. Though it’d be kind of hard to hit with, it would deal pretty high damage (3sk or 4sk, you choose), so essentially it would be a hell of a good weapon for higher skilled players, but plain awful for lower skilled players. Think of it like the sniper in that it would reward players for their skill by dealing out higher damage, but would definitely not be a weapon anyone could pick up and use effectively. It would also have high knockback, letting you “laser jump” by firing at the ground while jumping, as well as “juggle” airborne enemies, by consistently making successful hits.

Sentinel Beam (reworked)
Functions similarly to the Lightning Gun from Quake 3 Arena. The beam will sway around if you turn too much while firing, so the strategy is to strafe in order to keep your aim on the target. It has lower damage per second but extremely high knockback that can push targets away with relative ease. The beam could even blind players if you’re constantly hitting them in the visor, just like the original Sentinel Beam could.

Assault Rifle (reworked)
Has very little bullet spread, which is a stark contrast to previous iterations in the weapon. It can even be fired accurately up to mid range. Instead, it has massive recoil, which makes the AR less about spray and pray, and more about recoil management and player tracking. Perfect way to transform the AR from being a noob weapon, to a fairly competitive weapon that takes quite a bit of skill to use. It would also have an underbarrel grenade launcher that sends frag grenades flying farther and faster, utilized by pressing down the left trigger with the frag grenade selected. The launcher would have minor delay (slight less than half a second) and would be fairly hard to hit with due to the extreme bounciness, but if mastered, it would be very useful for trickshotting and dealing out some critical damage.
Battle Rifle (reworked)
This version would differ from previous BRs in that it would switch to a semi-automatic firing while zoomed, which increases accuracy but slows down the rate of fire. The semi-automatic mode would be comparable to how the DMR functions, and thus would result in this BR effectively replacing the DMR (considering that this BR is both weapons in one). This would be good for competitive play as there wouldn’t be massive spread for long range combat, thus meaning there’d be significantly less randomness during long-range BR duels.

Silenced Sniper Rifle
This Sniper Rifle would fire near silently, but this comes at the cost of projectile travel speed. You would actually have to lead your shots a bit, at average sniping range. If you miss, enemy players would still be able to see the bullet flying if they’re paying very close attention to their surroundings, so accuracy would be very important to stay undercover, meaning the weapon would be way less cheap than what you might expect.

Heavy Plasma Rifle
A more beastly, upgraded variant of the standard plasma rifle. It fires large plasma balls (no joke intended) and thus is significantly harder to dodge. It also deals higher damage, but this comes at the cost of a slower projectile speed (not too terrible, but you’d still need to lead your shots a lot of the time). It’d be perfect to spam in doorways or tight corridors, where movement is more restricted.

Grappling Hook
It would deal no damage, so it would be useless for combat, but would be the perfect maneuvering tool. It would allow you to fly across the map by grappling onto walls. Now while this may seem broken to some of you, it would be significantly balanced than the jetpack. Firstly, you wouldn’t spawn with it, you’d have to memorize its spawn time and fight for it on the map, just like you would do for a rocket launcher. Secondly, while it grants you extreme mobility, keep in mind that this comes at the cost of it taking up one of your two weapon slots, so it would limit your combat capabilities in exchange. It would be perfect for objective-based game modes.
Vortex Cannon
Calls forth a shadowy orb of death after a .8-second charge up period. It moves relatively slow but when it makes contact with a surface, it erupts in a large shockwave/explosion, killing all players within its vicinity. From the shockwave emerges a blackhole, which sucks players in. Contact with the blackhole results in death. The blackhole then disappears after a while. The weapon comes with very low ammo (1-2 shots).

Um…

Before I can update the reserved posts with anyone’s ideas, I kind of need to know how the hell to get the direct link to a post now that 343i seems to have so kindly removed the ability to access it from mobile during their ‘brilliant’ new update.

Is it still possible on mobile?

:confused:

> 2533274876631466;7:
> Um…
>
> Before I can update the reserved posts with anyone’s ideas, I kind of need to know how the hell to get the direct link to a post now that 343i seems to have so kindly removed the ability to access it from mobile during their ‘brilliant’ new update.
>
> Is it still possible on mobile?
>
> :confused:

Open a new tab on your phone’s browser, go to the forums, search for whatever the post is, copy the address bar once you’re on that post, and then paste it wherever you wish.

I also want to ask, what is your opinion on each of my weapon ideas? I really like to receive feedback and see other people’s viewpoints (if they make sense), so please list your what you like and/or dislike about each weapon individually, and then tell me the favorite ones on the list.

the BMR(Battle Marksman Rifle)…I know it stinks but everyone else will be using it so you will have to as well

> 2533274839169051;9:
> the BMR(Battle Marksman Rifle)…I know it stinks but everyone else will be using it so you will have to as well

Already came up with that for my reworked BR idea. It’d function like a DMR when scoped in, but like a BR when unscoped, to take away the randomness at long range which is often caused by BR spread. It would effectively replace the original BR, the DMR, and the LR all in one neat, awesome lil package. This would also reduce the clutter some people criticize Halo 4 for. Now instead of four utility rifles, there would be two: this new BR, as well as the Carbine. People would have no good reason to whine about the loss of the DMR/LR, because those weapons’ features would be fully integrated into the new BR (unless they happened to be nitpickers, which if that happens to be the case, they should be ignored because they’re just minor nitpicks that don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things). But who knows, maybe they would complain for no logical reason, just like how people complain about taking away sprint for no logical reason despite the fact that sprint is undeniably awful for every reason I once described.

You should try coming up with some more unique, fresh weapon ideas that are very different from the rest of the sandbox, rather than just another utility weapon. That’s something that always bothered me about the Halo series, everything is just utility rifle, utility rifle, utility rifle. Sure, there are other weapons, but they are usually just plain unbalanced and very, very rare compared to the utility rifles. People will argue that utility rifles and snipers are the only weapons that are really skillful and balanced, but I will counter-argue in advance that while it may currently be that way, it doesn’t have to be that way at all. Every other type of weapon can be made to be skillful and balanced, they just choose to be lazy and not take the time to do so. I’d like to see more variety in the weapons people use often, as well as see each weapon be balanced properly, rather than it just being utility rifle, utility rifle, utility rifle, and sniper as the only skillful, balanced weapons in the game as well as the only ones that are seen extremely often.

My ideas offer new things to the table and make for some fairly skillful and/or balanced weapons, most of which just aren’t the same utility rifle you’ve seen being used to death. I have many, many ideas to increase the variety, skill, and balance in the overall arsenal, and I wish 343i would actually read my posts. One problem with Halo is that there isn’t much strategic depth in choosing what weapon to use in a given situation, it mostly just comes down to “Use the utility weapon you start with 24/7 in almost (if not) all situations, use the sniper as much as possible if you have good enough aim, and if you have them, use Rockets above all else with no question.” That’s not very much strategic depth, which is awful for the competitive experience. Not saying that Halo is bad for competitive play, however this is a glaring problem that could seriously use some fixing. It’d be far more strategic if each weapon required its own skillset and required a fair amount of strategy and planning to use effectively, as well as each weapon having its own defined situation where it’s best in, so the process of choosing the right weapon for the job would be significantly more challenging. Once again, I point to Quake 3. Halo should not become Quake, don’t get me wrong, Halo should remain its own game. What I really mean is that Halo should learn a lesson from Quake 3’s weapon balancing (especially the CPMA mod) and try to apply that lesson to its own unique arsenal. It would make for a competitive experience even superior to that of Halo 2/3, because it would lack the problems I previously described in this post.

> 2533275027956921;10:
> > 2533274839169051;9:
> > the BMR(Battle Marksman Rifle)…I know it stinks but everyone else will be using it so you will have to as well
>
>
> Already came up with that for my reworked BR idea. It’d function like a DMR when scoped in, but like a BR when unscoped, to take away the randomness at long range which is often caused by BR spread. It would effectively replace the original BR, the DMR, and the LR all in one neat, awesome lil package. This would also reduce the clutter some people criticize Halo 4 for. Now instead of four utility rifles, there would be two: this new BR, as well as the Carbine. People would have no good reason to whine about the loss of the DMR/LR, because those weapons’ features would be fully integrated into the new BR (unless they happened to be nitpickers, which if that happens to be the case, they should be ignored because they’re just minor nitpicks that don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things). But who knows, maybe they would complain for no logical reason, just like how people complain about taking away sprint for no logical reason despite the fact that sprint is undeniably awful for every reason I once described.

BM Rifle…I know it stinks but everyone else will be using it so you will have to as well

> 2533274839169051;11:
> > 2533275027956921;10:
> > > 2533274839169051;9:
> > > the BMR(Battle Marksman Rifle)…I know it stinks but everyone else will be using it so you will have to as well
> >
> >
> >
> > Already came up with that for my reworked BR idea. It’d function like a DMR when scoped in, but like a BR when unscoped, to take away the randomness at long range which is often caused by BR spread. It would effectively replace the original BR, the DMR, and the LR all in one neat, awesome lil package. This would also reduce the clutter some people criticize Halo 4 for. Now instead of four utility rifles, there would be two: this new BR, as well as the Carbine. People would have no good reason to whine about the loss of the DMR/LR, because those weapons’ features would be fully integrated into the new BR (unless they happened to be nitpickers, which if that happens to be the case, they should be ignored because they’re just minor nitpicks that don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things). But who knows, maybe they would complain for no logical reason, just like how people complain about taking away sprint for no logical reason despite the fact that sprint is undeniably awful for every reason I once described.
>
>
> BM Rifle…I know it stinks but everyone else will be using it so you will have to as well

What the hell? Don’t repeat the same thing twice in a row.

> 2533275027956921;12:
> > 2533274839169051;11:
> > > 2533275027956921;10:
> > > > 2533274839169051;9:
> > > > the BMR(Battle Marksman Rifle)…I know it stinks but everyone else will be using it so you will have to as well
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Already came up with that for my reworked BR idea. It’d function like a DMR when scoped in, but like a BR when unscoped, to take away the randomness at long range which is often caused by BR spread. It would effectively replace the original BR, the DMR, and the LR all in one neat, awesome lil package. This would also reduce the clutter some people criticize Halo 4 for. Now instead of four utility rifles, there would be two: this new BR, as well as the Carbine. People would have no good reason to whine about the loss of the DMR/LR, because those weapons’ features would be fully integrated into the new BR (unless they happened to be nitpickers, which if that happens to be the case, they should be ignored because they’re just minor nitpicks that don’t really matter in the grand scheme of things). But who knows, maybe they would complain for no logical reason, just like how people complain about taking away sprint for no logical reason despite the fact that sprint is undeniably awful for every reason I once described.
> >
> >
> >
> > BM Rifle…I know it stinks but everyone else will be using it so you will have to as well
>
>
> What the hell? Don’t repeat the same thing twice in a row.

it’s a joke name, just think about it while on the throne

The S.A.M. Rifle (Spartan Assault Marksman Rifle.)

• An assault rifle that can be switched over to a marksman rifle- Has 20 bullets per magazine- Holds 5 magazines- Assault rifle mode has a x2 zoom- Marksman rifle mode has a x4 zoomWeapon characteristics:
    A light and agile weapon with a medium-short range assault rifle mode and a medium-long range marksman rifle mode. Only distributed to Spartans above recruit rank.

> 2533275027956921;6:
> Tell me what you guys like/dislike about these ideas. Most of them are all-new weapons, while some of them are redesigns of older weapons.

> Mortar
> Fires a powerful rocket in a heavy arc trajectory, very useful for firing over obstacles and low cover. It has a very wide blast radius, but the projectile makes a very loud whining noise when shot. Perfect for defending your home base. It would often be featured in CTF (where defense plays a very pivotal war), and would also be great on the more flat maps that come with a lot of cover.

This would only work if it was a fixed object on a map that you could activate. Carrying a typical mortal shooter around is too similar to the Battlefield series and it works for those games because they have highly destructible environments and very quick kill times.

> Quad-Rocket

We already have Incineration Cannon.

> Cryoshot

Better suited as a charge-up weapon akin to Reach’s Plasma Launcher. Best suited to BTB and/or Heavies

> Double Barrel Shotgun
> Has to reload after every shot.

It’s the 26th century and we still haven’t engineered a pump or semi-auto double barreled shotgun? Maybe turn it into a Covenant plasma shotgun that overheats after every shot.

> Chaingun
> A replacement for the SAW. It has one endless magazine of 300 rounds (no reloads required), and it’s extremely powerful. However, it has a brief spin-up time before firing, and there’s a 20% movement speed reduction while spinning the barrel or firing. It’s also very loud, giving away your position and attracting enemies. It also has pretty high recoil. However, all of these cons are nullified because of the weapon’s raw power and firing rate. The weapon is great for covering fire, support, and area denial, but sucks on the pure offensive.

We already have turrets that we can carry around. This wouldn’t be a spawn-weapon anyway so why make another weapon so similar to another that does the same thing? Let’s just have many types of turrets. The single barrel Halo 4 kind with more accuracy, and the Halo 3 Gatling gun kind with faster rate of fire.

> Blaster
> “juggle” airborne enemies, by consistently making successful hits.

The juggle effect ruins the movement aspect of the game being caught in a juggle that you cannot get yourself out of goes against Halo’s style of being able to move freely, to strafe and retreat to a better position. This kind of seems like a nerfed sticky detonator in a way. I say cut it.

> Sentinel Beam (reworked)
> Functions similarly to the Lightning Gun from Quake 3 Arena.

Just have the original sentinal beam.

> Assault Rifle (reworked)
> Has very little bullet spread, which is a stark contrast to previous iterations in the weapon. It can even be fired accurately up to mid range. Instead, it has massive recoil, which makes the AR less about spray and pray, and more about recoil management and player tracking. Perfect way to transform the AR from being a noob weapon, to a fairly competitive weapon that takes quite a bit of skill to use. It would also have an underbarrel grenade launcher that sends frag grenades flying farther and faster, utilized by pressing down the left trigger with the frag grenade selected. The launcher would have minor delay (slight less than half a second) and would be fairly hard to hit with due to the extreme bounciness, but if mastered, it would be very useful for trickshotting and dealing out some critical damage.

Halo guns don’t have second guns attached to them like modern fps shooters. Halo is about simplicity, so no grenade launchers on full auto guns. If we want frag grenades to go farther we can just aim up and throw them clear across most maps already. In my opinion, keep the damage of the AR from 4’s title update and give it the SAW’s accuracy/bloom. The SAW should have had lots of bloom like the Suppressor, but it’s the next most accurate gun in the game after the BR. I would have changed 4’s bloom like this: AR: SAW Bloom. SAW: Suppressor Bloom. Plasma Repeater: AR Bloom. Suppressor: Plasma Repeater Bloom. That was the main problem that I had with 4’s automatics.

> Battle Rifle (reworked)
> This version would differ from previous BRs in that it would switch to a semi-automatic firing while zoomed, which increases accuracy but slows down the rate of fire. The semi-automatic mode would be comparable to how the DMR functions, and thus would result in this BR effectively replacing the DMR (considering that this BR is both weapons in one). This would be good for competitive play as there wouldn’t be massive spread for long range combat, thus meaning there’d be significantly less randomness during long-range BR duels.

The Lightrifle does exactly this. It makes sense for that gun because while zoomed the 3 burst bullets fuse into one big one because it’s Forerunner technology. To keep with the more “realistic” UNSC theme, your firing-mode switch BR would actually need to increase it’s fire rate while zoomed to that of the Covenant Carbine since UNSC weaponry doesn’t change caliber like Forerunner guns do. A 4-shot-kill BR shoots 12 bullets, can you imagine the frustration in needing to single-shot someone twelve freaking times while scoping? It’s already frustrating enough to have to shoot someone 7 or more times with the Covenant Carbine. No one would use the scope on your BR. Sorry, we’ll just keep the old BR. They can just ditch the old DMR entirely and we can have BR and Lightrifle.

> Silenced Sniper Rifle

The Covenant Beam Rifle is already a “silenced” weapon since we only hear a little “pew” instead of a bang.

> Heavy Plasma Rifle
> A more beastly, upgraded variant of the standard plasma rifle. It fires large plasma balls (no joke intended) and thus is significantly harder to dodge. It also deals higher damage, but this comes at the cost of a slower projectile speed (not too terrible, but you’d still need to lead your shots a lot of the time). It’d be perfect to spam in doorways or tight corridors, where movement is more restricted.

Reminds me of the Concussion Rifle. Seems like it would be like a Plasma Repeater shooting bolts like the CR but rapid fire and weaker. Nah, we’ll just stick with the CR.

> Grappling Hook
> It would deal no damage, so it would be useless for combat, but would be the perfect maneuvering tool. It would allow you to fly across the map by grappling onto walls. Now while this may seem broken to some of you, it would be significantly balanced than the jetpack. Firstly, you wouldn’t spawn with it, you’d have to memorize its spawn time and fight for it on the map, just like you would do for a rocket launcher. Secondly, while it grants you extreme mobility, keep in mind that this comes at the cost of it taking up one of your two weapon slots, so it would limit your combat capabilities in exchange. It would be perfect for objective-based game modes.

So, grab the sniper and the hook and become an untouchable god in otherwise unreachable and/or glitched parts of the map? No thanks.

> Vortex Cannon
> Calls forth a shadowy orb of death after a .8-second charge up period. It moves relatively slow but when it makes contact with a surface, it erupts in a large shockwave/explosion, killing all players within its vicinity. From the shockwave emerges a blackhole, which sucks players in. Contact with the blackhole results in death. The blackhole then disappears after a while. The weapon comes with very low ammo (1-2 shots).

I’d rather pick up rockets or an incineration cannon. More versatile.

How about an Assault Carbine? Basically the Spartan-III’s MA5K’s. At least just as a skin/alternate model for the AR.

New Idea:

Fusion Blaster:
-fires like a shotgun blast
-2 shot kill (if 80% of the charge hits the enemy)
-has a 1 second recharge between shots
-when scoped in (2.5x sight) the charge is changed into a series of single shots fired in a rapid burst
-close range unscoped
-mid range scoped

What about…

drumroll _DRUMROLL… The TORNADO GUN!*[/spoiler]_[/spoiler]

@Selsiuss
Not only are you very close-minded, but your logic/reasoning is flawed.

There’d be no destruction of cover, the Mortar would be for firing OVER cover, not through it. Comparing this Mortar to Battlefield’s is like comparing Halo’s BR to any of COD’s three-round-burst rifles. If you’re saying that we shouldn’t have this Mortar because it’s too much like Battlefield’s, then we should take out the BR because it’s too similar to COD’s three-round-burst rifles. See how stupid that is? And seriously, it would really ruin the weapon if it was mounted. The whole point of carrying it around is so you can reposition yourself and get a better firing angle, to be able to land hits on people who are hiding behind cover. If it was mounted, the use of the weapon would be very, very, limited and thus it would become underpowered.

Quad Rocket would be more balanced as it’d be harder to hit with and lower damage per projectile. It would also be 4-round burst rather than a massive spread.

Cryoshot would function entirely differently than heavy weapons like the Plasma Launcher. It’s projectiles would not only move pretty slow, but also deal low damage individually and not track players, so you would have to significantly lead your targets at longer ranges and it would not be an easy 1sk. It would be an Ice Shotgun with a tight spread, best for it’s anti-movement capabilities, not a god-tier weapon like the Plasma Launcher.

Then again, this is the same universe where our military still uses pump action shotguns 500 years in the future.

Chaingun would be more balanced because you wouldn’t be a slow-moving tank, rather it would have to briefly spin-up before firing. The Turret is overall useless, because the huge movement reduction makes you an easy target to take down, and you’re unable to strafe or flee to avoid getting killed super fast. Any intermediate-level BR user will almost always be able to take down any intermediate-level MG user, even at closer ranges.

I’ll agree that juggling was a bad idea, but the overall concept for the Blaster is an excellent idea, rewarding those who have leading skill with a higher damage output.

Does the original Sentinel Beam sway around when you turn while firing? Does it have extremely high knockback that makes it useful for pushing away players? The answer is no for both, and these are the two most significant traits of the Quake 3 LG, so no, the original Sentinel Beam isn’t much like the LG at all.

Crappy modern military shooters didn’t invent secondary fire, in fact numerous old school shooters that existed BEFORE Halo also had secondary fire, and they’re typically very competitive in nature. Ever played Marathon, Bungie’s first FPS where the AR had a grenade launcher? Unreal Tournament 2003/2004 also had grenade launchers, which work in both of these instances. What about Halo SPV3, that campaign modification for the Halo: CE PC? The BR had a grenade launcher in that, and it worked fairly well. Underbarrel grenade launchers worked well in each of these games. All-in-all, the underbarrel grenade launcher for the AR is not that hard of a concept to grab, it makes grenades fly farther and faster, and also makes them bounce more, making them harder to hit with but also allowing for extra range. Also, to have the AR’s damage PLUS the Saw’s low bloom would be overpowered. It would be far more skillful/balanced/competitive if the bloom/spread was mostly replaced with high recoil, making it all about recoil management and player tracking rather than noobish spray n’ pray.

The BR idea is not supposed to be realistic, its supposed to reduce clutter by combining the BR, LR, and DMR all in one. The semi-automatic would not function like a Carbine, it would function like a DMR with a slower rate of fire but 4sk. This is the same series where the DMR deals 3x more damage than the AR’s, even though they’re the exact same caliber bullet (don’t give me the crap saying that the DMR has a longer barrel, realistically it wouldn’t increase the power by three-fold, it wouldn’t explain the fact why the AR still loses even at close range, it wouldn’t explain why the rifles don’t have damage fall off or bullet drop over longer ranges, nor would it explain why weapons spawn out of mid-air in earlier games, and it wouldn’t explain why the AR hits just as instantly as the DMR at any range despite the shorter barrel).

Beam Rifle is not good for stealth like the Silenced Sniper Rifle would be. The Beam Rifle may be somewhat quieter, but the shots are extremely noticeable, so much that any attempt to remain undetected is pretty much impossible.

The Heavy Plasma Rifle would function entirely different, because it would be useful for spamming into areas of restricted movement, would have a rate of fire that accelerates the longer you’re firing it, would have a pretty fast firing speed, would have zero knockback, would not be explosive, and would not be as powerful as the Concussion Rifle. That’s like comparing the AR to the PR in Halo: CE, they’re both automatic so they’re too similar and have to go, even though they function entirely differently.

Maps have kill zones, my friend. You wouldn’t be able to fly to anywhere on the map. The grappling hook would only be featured on maps that are designed around it. So there’s really no reason as to why it wouldn’t work.

The Vortex Cannon would also replace the Rockets/Incineration Cannon, just like the Mortar, Quadshot, and Homing Missile, simply because the Vortex Cannon and the latter three would be significantly more balanced and wouldn’t easily allow for mindless shooting like usual Halo Launchers always do. Now, if you want to make the argument that the Rockets are a Halo classic and shouldn’t be removed, then I feel it’d be better if they rebalance the original RL into simply an anti-vehicle weapon, and not easy to use against infantry, this way it’d follow it’s canon designation as an anti-vehicle weapon.

@GNC Green

Halo’s weapons have always been one weapon, never two in one, and it should stay that way. What if I want to throw a normal frag instead of use the gun’s grenade launcher. With your design, I can’t. We shouldn’t have a weapon that overrides existing equipment. So maybe not as low bloom as a saw but certainly a different bloom that it had in 4. I’d have to see recoil work in action before I’d want it to replace bloom.

Halo 3’s turrets already had a spin-up time where it had low rate of fire.

The BR should stay burst fire and leave caliber changing to other weapons.

I like the idea of the BMR. I would like to see it implemented like the halo 2 e3 demo br. Higher rate of fire while zoomed in and more accurate than unzoomed.
Although we already have the light rifle, I always thought that the forerunners deserved a more unique precision weapon. But alas, I am not creative enough to make on up.