The New Composer

Unfortunately it will not be the same without ol’marty…But halo 4 is not meant to be the same. Its the start of a new trilogy and a new company 343i. I have faith in the company and (what i have heard so far) the new music composer also. It is sounding great and i am really looking forward to holiday 2012. What about you guys think? Do you trust the company or better yet the new music composer?

I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.

> I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.

Well the song that was in the making of halo 4 video, kind of did catch me off guard but i also really like it.

I think it will be really good. Gonna miss ol’ marty though.

> > I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.
>
> Well the song that was in the making of halo 4 video, kind of did catch me off guard but i also really like it.

It was different but I thought it was good. However, I need to hear these songs in game to really get a feel for them. I hope they draw out an emotianl response from me like past Halo games have.

> I think it will be really good. Gonna miss ol’ marty though.

I think we all are my friend, but i am ready to see what direction this new composer takes us.

> > > I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.
> >
> > Well the song that was in the making of halo 4 video, kind of did catch me off guard but i also really like it.
>
> It was different but I thought it was good. However, I need to hear these songs in game to really get a feel for them. I hope they draw out an emotianl response from me like past Halo games have.

That is what i am waiting for myself. I think we can trust him though, but we will just haft to wait.

> > > > I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.
> > >
> > > Well the song that was in the making of halo 4 video, kind of did catch me off guard but i also really like it.
> >
> > It was different but I thought it was good. However, I need to hear these songs in game to really get a feel for them. I hope they draw out an emotianl response from me like past Halo games have.
>
> That is what i am waiting for myself. I think we can trust him though, but we will just haft to wait.

I’d like to know who it is at least. Hopefully that info is coming soon.

> > > > > I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.
> > > >
> > > > Well the song that was in the making of halo 4 video, kind of did catch me off guard but i also really like it.
> > >
> > > It was different but I thought it was good. However, I need to hear these songs in game to really get a feel for them. I hope they draw out an emotianl response from me like past Halo games have.
> >
> > That is what i am waiting for myself. I think we can trust him though, but we will just haft to wait.
>
> I’d like to know who it is at least. Hopefully that info is coming soon.

Me too, I hope to know soon. I also hope to see a campaign trailer soon.

I believe Michael will be going there to incorporate some of Marty’s ideas. But from what I’ve seen in the trailer, I really like the music.

> > I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.
>
> Well the song that was in the making of halo 4 video, kind of did catch me off guard but i also really like it.

You mean the one that played during the opening moments, after the Halo 3 clip? That one really grabbed me. Sounds absolutely amazing.

> > > I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.
> >
> > Well the song that was in the making of halo 4 video, kind of did catch me off guard but i also really like it.
>
> You mean the one that played during the opening moments, after the Halo 3 clip? That one really grabbed me. Sounds absolutely amazing.

Yes that one, I think he is doing a great job with the music.

I personally didn’t like the music in ODST and Reach. But it sounds the same in Halo 4 in the trailer but a bit darker. They did say this game is going to be a little darker than the other HALOS be prepared. Hopefully not like ODST where it was literally dark like you couldn’t see. I have faith in the composer and the company.

> I haven’t heard anything that I hated yet…however I haven’t heard anything that really grabbed me either. I assume they are saving the REALLY good stuff. It is one of those things I am looking forward to learning more about in the coming months.

When I stop focusing on the the visuals and what is being said in the new ViDoc I am absolutely taken back by the music.

I’m talking - taken back like the original Halo score taken back!

I think that what we’ve sound so far is incredible.

>
> When I stop focusing on the the visuals and what is being said in the new ViDoc I am absolutely taken back by the music.
>
> I’m talking - taken back like the original Halo score taken back!
>
> I think that what we’ve sound so far is incredible.

Agreed

I’m very very optimistic about it. Go back and look at Crysis’ 2 theme. It draws you in. The only problem with that game is they played the songs wayy too damn much. Halo always uses their music tastefully. And the thing about Crysis 2 was it wasn’t the game of the year everybody was waiting for. It is an awesome game though.

<mark>Crysis 2 Theme</mark>

>
> When I stop focusing on the the visuals and what is being said in the new ViDoc I am absolutely taken back by the music.
>
> I’m talking - taken back like the original Halo score taken back!
>
> I think that what we’ve sound so far is incredible.

You know, I did that after reading some of the comments in this thread. I have to say that it did grow on me quite a bit once I focused on it. I am really excited to hear more now.

Sooooo we’ve only heard like 1 song right? I’m excluding Halo 4 trailer and director’s cut…

> Sooooo we’ve only heard like 1 song right? I’m excluding Halo 4 trailer and director’s cut…

I think there was one in a Sparkast…It could have been a repeat. I am bad at deciphering that kind of stuff.

> > Sooooo we’ve only heard like 1 song right? I’m excluding Halo 4 trailer and director’s cut…
>
> I think there was one in a Sparkast…It could have been a repeat. I am bad at deciphering that kind of stuff. [/quote
> There was one in the sparkast for a second.