The New BR's long range capability

The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round-burst firing, and proven to be extraordinarily effective against dissipative energy shielding on both exotic and domestic armor types. Performance-wise, the Battle Rifle is hitscan (meaning the effect is immediate), it features a scope attachment (x2), and it has recoil in its current tuning (rising slightly when fired but in a suppressible way). It doesn’t have bloom, the rhythm feels good when firing it, and it can be used for longer-range engagement.

To me… this is a bad thing. I hope they say long range they mean like in Halo 3’s sandbox where you could hit somebody, but even when someone was standing still, hitting the enemy wasn’t that easy somehow. (I know, spread.)

I know most of you are happy with the hitscan, but I don’t want Halo : Reach all over again with the long range DMR battles.

It’s almost exactly like our lovely Halo 2 BR. :slight_smile:

Along with a little recoil.

> The BR85HB Service Rifle is a gas-operated, magazine-fed semi-automatic rifle optimized for three-round-burst firing, and proven to be extraordinarily effective against dissipative energy shielding on both exotic and domestic armor types. Performance-wise, the Battle Rifle is hitscan (meaning the effect is immediate), it features a scope attachment (x2), and it has recoil in its current tuning (rising slightly when fired but in a suppressible way). It doesn’t have bloom, the rhythm feels good when firing it, and it can be used for longer-range engagement.
>
> To me… this is a bad thing. I hope they say long range they mean like in Halo 3’s sandbox where you could hit somebody, but even when someone was standing still, hitting the enemy wasn’t that easy somehow. (I know, spread.)
>
> I know most of you are happy with the hitscan, but I don’t want Halo : Reach all over again with the long range DMR battles.

Yeah, you also have to think, the DMR was a 3x scope, and the BR is back to a 2x scope, so that limits it’s effectiveness right there. =p

I fear they’re going to make it even more over-powered than it ever was. Just the way they talk about it sounds too good to be true. Or fun, I should say.

> I fear they’re going to make it even more over-powered than it ever was. Just the way they talk about it sounds too good to be true. Or fun, I should say.

I’m sure they know the BR has to be a four shot kill. But I’m pretty sure they’re just talking about it so much because they can’t say anything else… and who won’t be thrilled to hear hitscan, no bloom, and a 2x scope?

I think it won’t be quite as effective at long range. They said it will not replace the DMR, which leads me to believe there will be something in between your BR and your sniper

> I think it won’t be quite as effective at long range. They said it will not replace the DMR, which leads me to believe there will be something in between your BR and your sniper

Carbine probably.

> > I think it won’t be quite as effective at long range. They said it will not replace the DMR, which leads me to believe there will be something in between your BR and your sniper
>
> Carbine probably.

I just finished playing the first Halo 2 campaign mission as Arbiter and I realised how awesome the carbine was. It did seem to have more range than the BR though.

We’ll see.

> It’s almost exactly like our lovely Halo 2 BR. :slight_smile:
>
> Along with a little recoil.

Well… Then I’'ll be going to play Halo 2 for the very first time soon on my friends PC I guess… or maybe through XBC, because I want to know how it feels.

> > It’s almost exactly like our lovely Halo 2 BR. :slight_smile:
> >
> > Along with a little recoil.
>
> Well… Then I’'ll be going to play Halo 2 for the very first time soon on my friends PC I guess… or maybe through XBC, because I want to know how it feels.

Well, I hope thats what it is. What they’re describing is basically Halo 2 BR though, and I just finished playing some Halo 2 Campaign my self and boy did the BR feel good. :slight_smile:

> > > It’s almost exactly like our lovely Halo 2 BR. :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > Along with a little recoil.
> >
> > Well… Then I’'ll be going to play Halo 2 for the very first time soon on my friends PC I guess… or maybe through XBC, because I want to know how it feels.
>
> Well, I hope thats what it is. What they’re describing is basically Halo 2 BR though, and I just finished playing some Halo 2 Campaign my self and boy did the BR feel good. :slight_smile:

> One stop shop for all Halo 4 news and links. Please do not hesitate to contact me via PM or in this thread if you have any information you’d like to share! Articles/videos/Interviews are listed chronologically by date published, GIFs/screenshots are added by date added to the OP.
>
> Screenshots
> Halo 4 Carbine

Is anyone else getting the feeling that 343 is using Halo 2 as a base for their multiplayer? Especially with the hitscan BR and huge jumps.

Or I’m just going mad.

> Is anyone else getting the feeling that 343 is using Halo 2 as a base for their multiplayer? Especially with the hitscan BR and huge jumps.
>
> Or I’m just going mad.

I wouldn’t mind that, but how much I love to snipe people I do NOT want the autoaim H2 sniper :S

> > Is anyone else getting the feeling that 343 is using Halo 2 as a base for their multiplayer? Especially with the hitscan BR and huge jumps.
> >
> > Or I’m just going mad.
>
> I wouldn’t mind that, but how much I love to snipe people I do NOT want the autoaim H2 sniper :S

Halo 2 Sniper was auto aim? I was just playing Halo 2 and it was a pain to attempt to headshot moving targets… I feel like the Halo:Reach Sniper made it to easy for people to land the shot.

> > > Is anyone else getting the feeling that 343 is using Halo 2 as a base for their multiplayer? Especially with the hitscan BR and huge jumps.
> > >
> > > Or I’m just going mad.
> >
> > I wouldn’t mind that, but how much I love to snipe people I do NOT want the autoaim H2 sniper :S
>
> Halo 2 Sniper was auto aim? I was just playing Halo 2 and it was a pain to attempt to headshot moving targets… I feel like the Halo:Reach Sniper made it to easy for people to land the shot.

Really… It has a lot of autoaim while playing with an xbox 360 controller. I have played H2 sniper customs on my friend’s pc, but I have not played with the BR simply because I didn’t think about that while we were playing it. I remember myself saying that I was suprised that I hit many more headshots than I originally did in H3(Reach wasn’t even hinted at at that time). and yes, I know you get a sniper medal every time in H2.

The reason why sniping in Reach is so easy is because the headshot-hitbox is bigger than in other Halo games… But I still don’t get why bungie did that.

It means that skilled players can use it to it’s fullest potential, like how skilled players could get long range hits with the H3 magnum. I’m just hoping that it’s rof is good.

> > Is anyone else getting the feeling that 343 is using Halo 2 as a base for their multiplayer? Especially with the hitscan BR and huge jumps.
> >
> > Or I’m just going mad.
>
> I wouldn’t mind that, but how much I love to snipe people I do NOT want the autoaim H2 sniper :S

In my made-up fantasy land, it would be a tweaked Halo 2. No button glitches and reduced aim assist.

> > > Is anyone else getting the feeling that 343 is using Halo 2 as a base for their multiplayer? Especially with the hitscan BR and huge jumps.
> > >
> > > Or I’m just going mad.
> >
> > I wouldn’t mind that, but how much I love to snipe people I do NOT want the autoaim H2 sniper :S
>
> In my made-up fantasy land, it would be a tweaked Halo 2. No button glitches and reduced aim assist.

but the button glitches were fun :frowning: