The New BR

Im sure you’ve watched the new Halo 4 vidoc 343 put out this morning, and if you did im sure you noticed the new battle rifle. I for one am extremly excited to see the long awaited return of the BR. That being said, I believe the model for the BR in Halo 4 is way off. The battle rifle was a precision head shot weapon, it was very sleek in Halo 3 and even Halo 2. The Halo 4 BR is very bulky and rough. The main issue I have is with the scope. In my opinion if 343 changed the scope back to the round one from Halo 2 & 3, it would attract more veteran players who want something similar to past Halos. This is just my opinion. Feel free to voice your opinion below or in the poll.
-xMisterWigglesx

Agreed, it looks like an AR. Change it back!

To me it looks a bunch like the DMR and rifle style that Reach uses. Something I would rather not be related to Halo 4 in any way. Reach was disappointing. And I don’t want Halo 4 to get that same feel.

I guess nobody read the warning at the beginning of the video? Things are subject to change.

I think it looks strange in first person. Really, really strange. But it looks awsome in 3rd person based on those pics (which I think we can discuss now the BR is revealed?)

[deleted]

> I guess nobody read the warning at the beginning of the video? Things are subject to change.

I believe are opinion was to change it back to the original BR design.

Thats why I made this thread, for the slight chance 343 will listen to us and change it back.

I like it. It actually looks like a sc-fi weapon now. What’s the problem with it? The H2 and H3 BR had this curvy design and made the weapon look pretty generic (but Halo plays in the faaaar future).

I dont think they will change the BRs design. It looked very polished if you ask me. The message in the beginning was IMO more about graphics (lighting, textures etc.) or smaller cosmetic stuff like the HUD.

> Thats why I made this thread, for the slight chance 343 will listen to us and change it back.

Lets hope they do.

Please god 343 change the look of this thing. I’m fine with the weapon coming back, but you’ve spit in the face of the visual design of the original. It doesn’t look like it even comes from a Halo game. Yes it looks very sci-fi but looks-wise it just does not fit with the design language we’ve seen in any Halo game.

It’s probably fun to use, but it’s sure as hell not fun to look at.

It looks like a Battle Rifle.

I can’t wait to start yelling into my mic “OUT BR’D” again. So pumped :smiley:

The flame war shall begin…

First I saw it it looked really odd and bad. After considering it a little bit I have come to conclusion that Battle rifle actually looks pretty excellent and sci-fi how it should always looked. I just hope they will fix it little bit. That looks slightly clunky to me.

It’s A Battle Rifle. Not THE Battle Rifle. Not only is it going to be different aesthetically, but it’ll function differently aside from being a 3-shot burst weapon.

It’s not the final version.
It’s OK looking though.

Correct me if i’m wrong but this is HALO 4 -----not H2,3 or Reach.Things change and adapt and i for 1 am looking forward to a NEW game not a rehash of past glories.

Does look bit chucky but overall i liked it.

> I guess nobody read the warning at the beginning of the video? Things are subject to change.

Yeah, we’re stating our opinions and giving feedback, without community feedback how will they know what to change?