The need for Halo Waypoint to step it up?

Do we have an ETA on the arrival of Halo Waypoint Forums, non beta, yet? It appears to me, the beginning of the end for Halo Bnet has started? I would hate to see a stagnate 8 month period within the forum communities.

I don’t think you have anything to worry about there. These forums are functioning very well for the most part… not quite as many features and the b.net forums yet but nothing that effects our ability to post, share, and discuss :slight_smile:

^Totally gonna have to agree with Legacy on this one. I forgot these forums were even in their beta stages still. They work just fine!

They work pretty good though there are a few show stopping bugs such as the login bug, private msg bug, fiend request bug, and page 5 bug. And the login is a really big problem since it lasts a long time and you would have the forms flooded with threads about it and no one would know how to fix it since they can get on to see how.

> And the login is a really big problem since it lasts a long time and you would have the forms flooded with threads about it and no one would know how to fix it since they can get on to see how.

Not to sound snarky, but if people can’t log in to see how to fix the problem, then how could they flood the forum with threads about it? ;p

Seriously though, the login bug is an issue, although a relatively minor one IMO. I’ve only ever had it happen once, and it was a piece of cake to fix.

I honestly am completely unaware of the other bugs you mentioned. Im not saying they don’t exsist, but considering how much time I spend on these forums, they must be fairly minor if I’ve never even heard of them before.

At any rate, I’m not worried about it. These forums are filled with great, positive, and constructive discussions already. As long as THAT continues, we’ll be just fine :slight_smile:

> > And the login is a really big problem since it lasts a long time and you would have the forms flooded with threads about it and no one would know how to fix it since they can get on to see how.
>
> Not to sound snarky, but if people can’t log in to see how to fix the problem, then how could they flood the forum with threads about it? ;p
>
> Seriously though, the login bug is an issue, although a relatively minor one IMO. I’ve only ever had it happen once, and it was a piece of cake to fix.
>
> I honestly am completely unaware of the other bugs you mentioned. Im not saying they don’t exsist, but considering how much time I spend on these forums, they must be fairly minor if I’ve never even heard of them before.
>
> At any rate, I’m not worried about it. These forums are filled with great, positive, and constructive discussions already. As long as THAT continues, we’ll be just fine :slight_smile:

Surely you’ve noticed the “page 5” bug! In the forums any thread that is currently on it’s 5th page of discussion doesn’t show the “jump to page #” option.

The others pertain to Safari users. When sending a PM or FR sometimes it causes the browser to crash and restart.

> > > And the login is a really big problem since it lasts a long time and you would have the forms flooded with threads about it and no one would know how to fix it since they can get on to see how.
> >
> > Not to sound snarky, but if people can’t log in to see how to fix the problem, then how could they flood the forum with threads about it? ;p
> >
> > Seriously though, the login bug is an issue, although a relatively minor one IMO. I’ve only ever had it happen once, and it was a piece of cake to fix.
> >
> > I honestly am completely unaware of the other bugs you mentioned. Im not saying they don’t exsist, but considering how much time I spend on these forums, they must be fairly minor if I’ve never even heard of them before.
> >
> > At any rate, I’m not worried about it. These forums are filled with great, positive, and constructive discussions already. As long as THAT continues, we’ll be just fine :slight_smile:
>
> Surely you’ve noticed the “page 5” bug! In the forums any thread that is currently on it’s 5th page of discussion doesn’t show the “jump to page #” option.
>
> The others pertain to Safari users. When sending a PM or FR sometimes it causes the browser to crash and restart.

It also affects firefox, also to cruellegacey about the flooding one, cookies do expire and when they do that person will make a thread as to why they couldnt get on.

> also to cruellegacey about the flooding one, cookies do expire and when they do that person will make a thread as to why they couldnt get on.

True, but my point was that when they can log back on, they can also find the solution to the problem here in these forums :slight_smile:

> > also to cruellegacey about the flooding one, cookies do expire and when they do that person will make a thread as to why they couldnt get on.
>
> True, but my point was that when they can log back on, they can also find the solution to the problem here in these forums :slight_smile:

We already know thats not how people work, we already see threads every once in awhile here and when the bungie community comes over…

> We already know thats not how people work, we already see threads every once in awhile here and when the bungie community comes over…

You’re completely right, of course. I was trying to make a joke, but sometimes sarcasm doesn’t come across well through a forum post… d’oh! :slight_smile:

> > We already know thats not how people work, we already see threads every once in awhile here and when the bungie community comes over…
>
> You’re completely right, of course. I was trying to make a joke, but sometimes sarcasm doesn’t come across well through a forum post… d’oh! :slight_smile:

o, lol sorry

I see no need to fix anything. The forum itself is gorgeous and it handles like a dream. There are a lot of forums out there that are pretty cheap and not user friendly.

It would be neat to see a rank system like Bungie where your colour changes based on how much you post.

A guy can dream…