the mystery helmet is a sign!

I have a question to ask on behalf of many curious loyal Halo fans. The ‘mystery helmet’, you know of which I speak, it has been flaunted right in front our faces in the promotional material for the Defiant Map Pack (which is awesome by the way). It’s been much debated and the source of huge speculation.

So I come to you 343 overlords with this request for knowledge.

I humbly ask for you to explain this helmet to us. Is it going to be available to us? Is it just a myth, a tease of something that will never be?

Please, can we have even a scrap of info about this noodle scratcher?

I love your word choice very epic. and I agree I would like to know more too. It intrests me to see more then just Maps in halo DLC. :slight_smile:

a sign of a soon to come title update :slight_smile:

think about it, the map pack wouldnt be able to alter the armory so we could put on the helmet, only a title update would be able to do this!

so this means that a title update is to be expected. cabose voice: haleluja! ghasuntite!

P.S I hope this helmet brings back vidmasters!

If this is true I’d expect unlocking the armor to be tied to unlocking the achievements. I don’t want another set of Vidmasters though, I don’t want Deja Vue.

> If this is true I’d expect unlocking the armor to be tied to unlocking the achievements. I don’t want another set of Vidmasters though, I don’t want Deja Vue.

But Deja vu was fun, so was annual. The only one I didn’t like was Endure

Maybe the vidmasters will come but didn’t they say Title updates were kind of impossible to do with the Reach engine.

If it was disk locked content, dlc could do it no problem.

My thoughts precisely…

> If it was disk locked content, dlc could do it no problem.

no the DLC adds maps. nothing else is changed in the game besides the maps getting added. it would requier a title update to change the armory so you can get the armor.

plus if it was via map pack only people who have the map pack could see it causeing major problems in multiplayer for people who dont have it. but a title update download is requiered before you can play MM

so logically we can expect a title update!

P.S can we know whats comeing ahead of time so we know we like the changes

> > If this is true I’d expect unlocking the armor to be tied to unlocking the achievements. I don’t want another set of Vidmasters though, I don’t want Deja Vue.
>
> But Deja vu was fun, so was annual. The only one I didn’t like was Endure

All the Vidmasters sucked except Brainpan.

> Maybe the vidmasters will come but didn’t they say Title updates were kind of impossible to do with the Reach engine.

when?

they only said it’s impossible to add in new armor(not disc locked armor)

> > Maybe the vidmasters will come but didn’t they say Title updates were kind of impossible to do with the Reach engine.
>
> when?
>
> they only said it’s impossible to add in new armor(not disc locked armor)

No, no I mean disk locked content is possible but, I remember during an BWU not that long ago that said It was glued to metal or something. Saying the engine can’t be modified or they can’t modify it with the amount of people they have. I don’t know which reason it is but, that’s what I’ve heard.

> > Maybe the vidmasters will come but didn’t they say Title updates were kind of impossible to do with the Reach engine.
>
> when?
>
> they only said it’s impossible to add in new armor(not disc locked armor)

No, no I mean disk locked content is possible but, I remember during a BWU not that long ago that said It was glued to metal or something. Saying the engine can’t be modified or they can’t modify it with the amount of people they have. I don’t know which reason it is but, that’s what I’ve heard.

> > > Maybe the vidmasters will come but didn’t they say Title updates were kind of impossible to do with the Reach engine.
> >
> > when?
> >
> > they only said it’s impossible to add in new armor(not disc locked armor)
>
> No, no I mean disk locked content is possible but, I remember during a BWU not that long ago that said It was glued to metal or something. Saying the engine can’t be modified or they can’t modify it with the amount of people they have. I don’t know which reason it is but, that’s what I’ve heard.

well thats weird since bungie isnt in charge of title updates so i wonder why they would say that. could you please get a link to confirm this? also on a side note they said with the amount of people they have, most of them probobly are working on bungie’s next big project so of course they wouldnt have enough people to make one

> a sign of a soon to come title update :slight_smile:
>
> think about it, the map pack wouldnt be able to alter the armory so we could put on the helmet, only a title update would be able to do this!
>
> so this means that a title update is to be expected. cabose voice: haleluja! ghasuntite!
>
>
> P.S I hope this helmet brings back vidmasters!

I have never seen that helmet once in Matchmaking. I’m pretty sure OP is onto something, because IGN has an official high-res image.

But Vidmaster is not a Halo thing and is probably non-transferrable. It is Bungie’s thing, it started back with Marathon. That’s why the Marathon logo is not in Reach.

We may have the same kind of challenges, but it won’t be Vidmasters.

> But Vidmaster is not a Halo thing and is probably non-transferrable. It is Bungie’s thing, it started back with Marathon. That’s why the Marathon logo is not in Reach.
>
> We may have the same kind of challenges, but it won’t be Vidmasters.

You are probably right Sir Pwn4g3 but, don’t let that be the death of the possibility. It might be bungie’s last hoo-ra to put one last Vidmaster in Reach before they part with it. I mean look at the Mystery helmet. You see the eye piece on the right, that looks similar to the Bobs from Marathon, the eye piece is on the same side. If it is supposed to look similar to a Bob, I wonder if bungie might be referencing something in their future projects if they still own the Marathon IP. Just thinking here.

> > If it was disk locked content, dlc could do it no problem.
>
> no the DLC adds maps. nothing else is changed in the game besides the maps getting added. it would requier a title update to change the armory so you can get the armor.
>
> plus if it was via map pack only people who have the map pack could see it causeing major problems in multiplayer for people who dont have it. but a title update download is requiered before you can play MM
>
> so logically we can expect a title update!
>
> P.S can we know whats comeing ahead of time so we know we like the changes

dlc can add any code cause it is dlc (downloadable content). disk locked content is already on the disk so anyone can see it also.

> > > > Maybe the vidmasters will come but didn’t they say Title updates were kind of impossible to do with the Reach engine.
> > >
> > > when?
> > >
> > > they only said it’s impossible to add in new armor(not disc locked armor)
> >
> > No, no I mean disk locked content is possible but, I remember during a BWU not that long ago that said It was glued to metal or something. Saying the engine can’t be modified or they can’t modify it with the amount of people they have. I don’t know which reason it is but, that’s what I’ve heard.
>
> well thats weird since bungie isnt in charge of title updates so i wonder why they would say that. could you please get a link to confirm this? also on a side note they said with the amount of people they have, most of them probobly are working on bungie’s next big project so of course they wouldnt have enough people to make one

I looked at the update. It appears to me that they will not be doing it. They will not put out map packs or engine modifications. Here is the link. Look at the “Stuff Bungie is Not Doing” Section.

> > > > > Maybe the vidmasters will come but didn’t they say Title updates were kind of impossible to do with the Reach engine.
> > > >
> > > > when?
> > > >
> > > > they only said it’s impossible to add in new armor(not disc locked armor)
> > >
> > > No, no I mean disk locked content is possible but, I remember during a BWU not that long ago that said It was glued to metal or something. Saying the engine can’t be modified or they can’t modify it with the amount of people they have. I don’t know which reason it is but, that’s what I’ve heard.
> >
> > well thats weird since bungie isnt in charge of title updates so i wonder why they would say that. could you please get a link to confirm this? also on a side note they said with the amount of people they have, most of them probobly are working on bungie’s next big project so of course they wouldnt have enough people to make one
>
> I looked at the update. It appears to me that they will not be doing it. They will not put out map packs or engine modifications. Here is the link. Look at the “Stuff Bungie is Not Doing” Section.

no that means that they dont have the human resources. they said they arnt building map packs in addition to engine modifications when we know maps have already been made, they basically said they dont have the human resources.

so that means that a TU is possible