The multiplayer canon thing may be the entire issue!!!

I just realized something, why all this dumb stuff is in Halo 4 multiplayer, why there are no Elites, and why there is no Firefight. It is because 343i wanted Matchmaking to have a story.

And that story didn’t include fighting covenant but fighting fellow spartans.

So that means Elites have to go (limiting the players customization) and FF has to go (limiting the players games).

I hope I am not right.

> I just realized something, why all this dumb stuff is in Halo 4 multiplayer, why there are no Elites, and why there is no Firefight. It is because 343i wanted Matchmaking to have a story.
>
> And that story didn’t include fighting covenant but fighting fellow spartans.
>
> So that means Elites have to go (limiting the players customization) and FF has to go (limiting the players games).
>
> I hope I am not right.

I don’t see how that makes sense. The S-IVs are fighting on a holo-deck, one that would be able to simulate enemy Elites or other enemies.

In addition, it seems FF is being replaced with another co-op mode.

> > I just realized something, why all this dumb stuff is in Halo 4 multiplayer, why there are no Elites, and why there is no Firefight. It is because 343i wanted Matchmaking to have a story.
> >
> > And that story didn’t include fighting covenant but fighting fellow spartans.
> >
> > So that means Elites have to go (limiting the players customization) and FF has to go (limiting the players games).
> >
> > I hope I am not right.
>
> I don’t see how that makes sense. The S-IVs are fighting on a holo-deck, one that would be able to simulate enemy Elites or other enemies.
>
> In addition, it seems FF is being replaced with another co-op mode.

Possibly, I got from the video the story was a war between spartans. Possibly some corruption among ONI. Either way, I am fine with MM not having a “story”. When you try to have a “story” in MM, it limits doing certain things to meet the “story”.

The Spartan VIs train in a hologram training area. They train for “Spartan Ops” which is a new co-op mode.

> > > I just realized something, why all this dumb stuff is in Halo 4 multiplayer, why there are no Elites, and why there is no Firefight. It is because 343i wanted Matchmaking to have a story.
> > >
> > > And that story didn’t include fighting covenant but fighting fellow spartans.
> > >
> > > So that means Elites have to go (limiting the players customization) and FF has to go (limiting the players games).
> > >
> > > I hope I am not right.
> >
> > I don’t see how that makes sense. The S-IVs are fighting on a holo-deck, one that would be able to simulate enemy Elites or other enemies.
> >
> > In addition, it seems FF is being replaced with another co-op mode.
>
> Possibly, I got from the video the story was a war between spartans. Possibly some corruption among ONI. Either way, I am fine with MM not having a “story”. When you try to have a “story” in MM, it limits doing certain things to meet the “story”.

The “story” is that Spartans are fighting on a holo-deck aboard the UNSC Infinity.

> > > I just realized something, why all this dumb stuff is in Halo 4 multiplayer, why there are no Elites, and why there is no Firefight. It is because 343i wanted Matchmaking to have a story.
> > >
> > > And that story didn’t include fighting covenant but fighting fellow spartans.
> > >
> > > So that means Elites have to go (limiting the players customization) and FF has to go (limiting the players games).
> > >
> > > I hope I am not right.
> >
> > I don’t see how that makes sense. The S-IVs are fighting on a holo-deck, one that would be able to simulate enemy Elites or other enemies.
> >
> > In addition, it seems FF is being replaced with another co-op mode.
>
> Possibly, I got from the video the story was a war between spartans. <mark>Possibly some corruption among ONI</mark>. Either way, I am fine with MM not having a “story”. When you try to have a “story” in MM, it limits doing certain things to meet the “story”.

I can tell you about another company thats corrupting something…:smiley:

> The “story” is that Spartans are fighting on a holo-deck aboard the UNSC Infinity.

But do we really need a story about that? Then like you said why can;t we have elites fighting too?

This is what I got from a video apparently using GI.

The MM story is a training simulation aboard the Infinity.

The Spartan Ops is a new Co-Op mode, following a story like the campaign. You can use Spartan Points to unlock more Spartan Op missions.

So, story is a big part. But that doesn’t solve lack of Elites.

i dont know, ask 343. they’re the ones that came up with it.

> > The “story” is that Spartans are fighting on a holo-deck aboard the UNSC Infinity.
>
> But do we really need a story about that? Then like you said why can;t we have elites fighting too?

That is exactly why your theory seems extremely unlikely to be accurate.

The “story” is not the reason for no Elites.

From what I’ve seen recently, 343i have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Monkeys could do a better job than this… dead ones.

> From what I’ve seen recently, 343i have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Monkeys could do a better job than this… dead ones.

They really don’t know…

> From what I’ve seen recently, 343i have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Monkeys could do a better job than this… dead ones.

I didn’t realize you were a professional game designer with years on industry experience. You should go over to 343 and set them straight!

/sarcasm

> > > The “story” is that Spartans are fighting on a holo-deck aboard the UNSC Infinity.
> >
> > But do we really need a story about that? Then like you said why can;t we have elites fighting too?
>
> That is exactly why your theory seems extremely unlikely to be accurate.
>
> The “story” is not the reason for no Elites.

Then if that is the case, why aren;t Elites in MM?

I see no reason what so ever for their dissaperance, nor that of FF.

But spartan OPS thing sounds interesting if it is done right of course.