The Most Needed Feature in Halo 5...

To keep it simple, we need a feature to COMPLETELY turn off sprint (not the "maintain sprint option). I only say this because it’s obnoxiously clear that a large amount of old school players are starting to leave. That is probably AT LEAST 45 - 55% of Halo’s community. Halo means a lot to me, and it would be sad to see half of the current population just pack up and leave. So, 343i IF you really want to keep the Halo fan base, you would give the people what they want.

Another feature I would like to see are armor pieces make a comeback. I say this because about 2 months ago I played some Halo Reach, and I was like, “Oh wow, forgot how much customization there is!” Not to make any trouble, but I really miss having 6 or 7 things to customize on my spartan. Even if it makes a return in Halo 6, it’ll be better than nothing.

Thanks for listening,
skizzer03G

I agree with the armour customization but i don’t see Sprint as that big of deal. That’s just me though…

> 2535416070030373;2:
> I agree with the armour customization but i don’t see Sprint as that big of deal. That’s just me though…

Count me in. I think it’s about time we had battle damage as a customization option, too.

> 2535429593088083;3:
> > 2535416070030373;2:
> > I agree with the armour customization but i don’t see Sprint as that big of deal. That’s just me though…
>
> Count me in. I think it’s about time we had battle damage as a customization option, too.

Is there room for one more? Battle damage would be epic. I think it’s much needed.

From a design point of view…sprint doesn’t make any sense being in any game since it can easily be replaced with just increasing player speed, making ‘good’ maps that aren’t poorly designed for vehicles. I doubt any player plays Halo for realism, dealing with ‘realism’ can get annoying when dealing with things like Flinch but I don’t mind climbing since it’s come to become useful but the abilities like ground pound, spartan charge need to go away.

> 2533274972430429;4:
> > 2535429593088083;3:
> > > 2535416070030373;2:
> > > I agree with the armour customization but i don’t see Sprint as that big of deal. That’s just me though…
> >
> > Count me in. I think it’s about time we had battle damage as a customization option, too.
>
> Is there room for one more? Battle damage would be epic. I think it’s much needed.

Some armors in Halo 5 look way too clean for what they are. Can you imagine how awesome a battle damaged Achilles would look?

> 2535429593088083;6:
> > 2533274972430429;4:
> > > 2535429593088083;3:
> > > > 2535416070030373;2:
> > > > I agree with the armour customization but i don’t see Sprint as that big of deal. That’s just me though…
> > >
> > > Count me in. I think it’s about time we had battle damage as a customization option, too.
> >
> > Is there room for one more? Battle damage would be epic. I think it’s much needed.
>
> Some armors in Halo 5 look way too clean for what they are. Can you imagine how awesome a battle damaged Achilles would look?

We have one scared variant. Just apply the colour and other shaping features to the rest.

> 2533274972430429;7:
> > 2535429593088083;6:
> > > 2533274972430429;4:
> > > > 2535429593088083;3:
> > > > > 2535416070030373;2:
> > > > > I agree with the armour customization but i don’t see Sprint as that big of deal. That’s just me though…
> > > >
> > > > Count me in. I think it’s about time we had battle damage as a customization option, too.
> > >
> > > Is there room for one more? Battle damage would be epic. I think it’s much needed.
> >
> > Some armors in Halo 5 look way too clean for what they are. Can you imagine how awesome a battle damaged Achilles would look?
>
> We have one scared variant. Just apply the colour and other shaping features to the rest.

That’s the Mark VI GEN1 Scarred you’re mentioning right there; the Achilles doesn’t have a variant. To elaborate, battle damage should be implemented in the same manner as the Reach system, and should involve the following:

- General dirtiness and blood splatters - Bullet holes / plasma marks / scorch marks - Scratches, gashes, and dents - A cracked visor - Damaged, rusted, or missing parts - Exposed wiring - Foreign objects (like a knife or a length of pipe) or shrapnel stuck in your armor - Damaged bodysuits

Go classic Halo!

I just wish spartan charge would disappear such an annoying thing and when you deal with Australian lag you get hit from so far away no matter how much you dodge or thrust I got hit through a wall with it yesterday

> 2533274966743271;10:
> I just wish spartan charge would disappear such an annoying thing and when you deal with Australian lag you get hit from so far away no matter how much you dodge or thrust I got hit through a wall with it yesterday

Spartan Charge simply makes no sense. A combatant who is set in his position is tactically superior to one who’s moving, except that Spartan Charge makes the opposite true. It completely turns combat inside out, for no good reason.

> 2533274816725510;1:
> To keep it simple, we need a feature to COMPLETELY turn off sprint (not the "maintain sprint option). I only say this because it’s obnoxiously clear that a large amount of old school players are starting to leave. That is probably AT LEAST 45 - 55% of Halo’s community. Halo means a lot to me, and it would be sad to see half of the current population just pack up and leave. So, 343i IF you really want to keep the Halo fan base, you would give the people what they want.
>
> Another feature I would like to see are armor pieces make a comeback. I say this because about 2 months ago I played some Halo Reach, and I was like, “Oh wow, forgot how much customization there is!” Not to make any trouble, but I really miss having 6 or 7 things to customize on my spartan. Even if it makes a return in Halo 6, it’ll be better than nothing.
>
> Thanks for listening,
> skizzer03G

The ability to turn off Sprint doesn’t do anything because other peoples can just keep Sprint on and you’d be unable to keep up with them.

Also, things like grenades and the blast radius and accuracy of weapons are meant for sprinting opponents.

Starting to leave? Those old school players who hate sprint already left a long time ago. The ones probably left now don’t like sprint, but can tolerate it like me for example.