The Most Important Thread On This Forum Right Now!

Introduction
Recently there has been a ongoing argument as a direct result of changes and features 343 are implementing into Halo 4, Many users feel the studio are neglecting the competitive community and or destroying the classic wonder of Halo.

Whatever way we look at it a large number of people are unhappy. This is fact.

So what do we do? Trust in 343 and wait for more details or wait until we get hands on with the game? No! by then our chance will have gone to make any changes we need to enjoy the game, so all we can do is run our mouth as a community and let the studio know what we want.

At the end of the day complaining is not going to hurt anyone, A very well know quote comes to mind here:

> Edmund Burke
> “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing”

If we sit back and do not act this game is doomed to failure due to lack of community support and input. So I plead with you the community here on the Waypoint forums and the Halo community as a whole to run your mouth everytime your unhappy.

Look what happened with Halo: Reach, for some people it’s a great game, for a large large number of others it’s a failure and an embarrassment. Why? Because we trusted Bungie, they had their own plans some complained but everytime they did they would be met with a wall of community hatred and comment like:

> It’s Bungie’s game not yours.

> Stop complaining wait until the beta then we can ask for changes

> It’s Bungie have made many great Halo games why don’t you trust them

It’s sad that it’s happening all over again. Don’t blindly follow anyone. It’s like we got pushed out of a car with Bungie and hitchhiked with 343 but were a mile down the same road. It’s time we grabbed that steering wheel and turned the car where we want to go.

So who have we got behind the wheel?
So many people have seen the videos provided and posted by 343 Industry’s putting faces to the people behind the future of Halo, lucky for us just watching them videos and snooping online we can see on paper the studio is made up of some amazing talent, but most importantly their heart seems to be in the right place and they seem motivated.

Not everything’s bad!

But there is always the question how well do they know Halo, and how well do they know the community and finally will they listen to us and hear our voice.

I would like to firstly state that all content in this post is in direct compliance with the Halo 4 Forum Guidelines V1.0 and all subsequent resources provided below are intended for educational use and to provide a background on the developers behind the game. Finally in no way is this data intended to “distress” or “upset” anyone.

So I am now going to share some Halo Tracker stats of several 343 employees so that we have a idea of the in game experience and what corner of the expansive Halo Mutiplayer they tend to play in.

[LINKS REDACTED BY MODERATOR]

It was surprisingly hard to find gamertags so I used the community playdate gamertags from the blog archive, so let’s take a look at the stats and see what stands out…

So as a competitive player I am shocked to find none of the Gamertag’s above have played even a single game of MLG. It also seems they all play the more casual ended Halo playlist’s such as GrifBall, BTB and Invasion.

I would ask you compare the account’s stats above to see the difference I would imagine over half of you would have played near infinite amounts more and on a larger variety of playlists.

It’s fair enough they don’t play very much Halo. Working on it and playing it would get really dull, and I would imagine they have alternate accounts for personal use. However the trends of what they play will carry over of that I am sure.

Very simply is the staff behind the game don’t have as much hands on experience as us.

Secondly I have no idea how they think they have an idea of what different demographics of Halo are like, for example how do you know how to make a part of Halo for the MLG community without playing some MLG? The principle stands for every-other playlist.

Let me spell it out slowly.
Firstly 343 lack in game experience across a wide demographic of Halo play styles, They lack the direct contact with the community and do not directly converse with the community. This is the root of all the arguments through the community today.

A step by step soloution

1. Let’s get noticed. Comment on this post keep it alive so other may read it, 60 Seconds of your time could help us change Halo and this community for the better.

2. Message 343 staff invite them to play with you and your friends, lets play Halo with them and discuss our concerns and what we love from Halo.

3. Don’t stop fighting. Voice your concerns and support others who voice their own concerns even if you do not agree help them get their point across. So everyone can be heard.

Summary
Right now Halo 4 is being built,
Time is running out for our voice to be heard,
Alone we can keep arguing and nothing will change,
The community will soon begin to fall apart,
Together we can rebuild and craft a “The Perfect Halo”
Drop a comment and support this cause,
We desperately need your help,
Thank you for reading, and lets do this.

if this had come out a year ago, you could have some form of bearing on the outcome of this game. however, less than a year out and in beta-stage, the game is going to be shipped with the things we have been told about.

i do appreciate, however, your clear and concise articulation and look forward to your next contribution (:

AAs, custom load outs, random weapon spawn, there is not a skill ranking system, and joining in middle of game are all reasons why me and a lot of my Friends already took it off per order.

> AAs, custom load outs, random weapon spawn, there is not a skill ranking system, and joining in middle of game are all reasons why me and a lot of my Friends already took it off per order.

no more armor lock, increased movement speed/jump height, random weapon spawns are not random, we dont know if there is a skill ranking system or not, join ingame may only be in certain playlists/gametypes.

this is your 3rd post about this stuff, you are on a roll.

Yea it is, that’s what the forums are for to post stuff right?

i can’t make out what the OP topic is about … ?

> Yea it is, that’s what the forums are for to post stuff right?

well if you looked around on here, you would notice that your info is already dated somewhat.

frankie and david ellis have already begun addressing a lot of your concerns.

if you looked at the sticky threads on this forum, you would have found out that info.

also, this was the 3rd post that you made basically saying the same thing. one was enough.

> > > AAs, custom load outs, random weapon spawn, there is not a skill ranking system, and joining in middle of game are all reasons why me and a lot of my Friends already took it off per order.
> >
> > no more armor lock, increased movement speed/jump height, random weapon spawns are not random, we dont know if there is a skill ranking system or not, join ingame may only be in certain playlists/gametypes.
> >
> > this is your 3rd post about this stuff, you are on a roll.
>
> Still, the features presented so far don’t seem very good for gameplay.

yes, but luckily we will have a podcast that can relay more information for us to consume before making an assessment.

not only that, but we have gotten more information since the GI release that puts things in a better perspective like random weapon spawns…

My problem with this post is that he says he provides links to “several” 343 employee accounts and their Halo records, the problem here is that he posted links to 7 employees out of the 200+ employees.

I fully agree with you Bro. Halo is the most important game to me. And if Halo 4 is anything like reach or COD I will quit gaming. The only reason Why I game now is Halo, Becasue its so special and unique. Halo has always been the number one game. every FPS wanted to be like Halo. The market is full with games with loudout and progression system. Why cant we have Halo just like Halo with pickups or anything else that fits with Halo or nothing?

Start equal, may the best spartan win. Thats is Halo.

From Iraq

LEWAA 10 out

Relax, most of the non-competitive additions will be playlist specific. It has been confirmed that there will be playlists with pre-set loadouts and that insta-respawns and weapon drops will also be playlist specific. I dont agree with all of the additions either and I have been very outspoken in the past about the competitive problems with Reach and the new Halo games but I think 343 will do what they did for us in Reach and cater to both sides in different play lists. Yeah, it sucks that competitive Halo cant be the default but Jesus Christ look at what Halo is competing against these days its not 2001 anymore. I will be waiting for more gameplay footage and the upcoming podcasts which look to clear up the H4 GI issue to formulate an accurate opinion, I just hope 343 learns from Reach and keeps a good competitve/social balance so all types of Halo players can enjoy it and support it. Ranked playlists one held around 33 percent of the population in H2/H3, they can again if competitive players are catered too in those ranked playlists.

seriosuly guys, what is this topic about?

all i can see is paragraphs about how 343i work and stat flaming, thats it, i can’t see any actuall topic here and the title says its the most important topic…

WTF is the -Yoink!- topic that is meant to be so important?

> seriosuly guys, what is this topic about?
>
> all i can see is paragraphs about how 343i work and stat flaming, thats it, i can’t see any actuall topic here and the title says its the most important topic…
>
> WTF is the -Yoink!- topic that is meant to be so important?

Read it carefully.

I basically explain why many users dislike certain changes and how we can better guide the future of Halo.

> > seriosuly guys, what is this topic about?
> >
> > all i can see is paragraphs about how 343i work and stat flaming, thats it, i can’t see any actuall topic here and the title says its the most important topic…
> >
> > WTF is the -Yoink!- topic that is meant to be so important?
>
> Read it carefully.
>
> I basically explain why many users dislike certain changes and how we can better guide the future of Halo.

i don’t see that anywhere in the post …

> > AAs, custom load outs, random weapon spawn, there is not a skill ranking system, and joining in middle of game are all reasons why me and a lot of my Friends already took it off per order.
>
> no more armor lock, increased movement speed/jump height, random weapon spawns are not random, we dont know if there is a skill ranking system or not, join ingame may only be in certain playlists/gametypes.
>
> this is your 3rd post about this stuff, you are on a roll.

I doubt the possibility of 343i making a ranking system they couldn’t be bothered to make a simple rank update to arena for Halo: Reach even though it was requested thousands of times.

>

oh now i see it, you sneeky SoB, this post has no direct topic but instead is a psycoligcal trick, it tricks people into thinking that it supports their cause and encourages people to break the rules.

you sir, are a clever troll.

Dude i completely agree with you, even though i think it is too late for 343 to make significant changes they might be able to change some small things. Also this post could be helpful for Halo 5.

Definately needs to stay in front page

> >
>
> oh now i see it, you sneeky SoB, this post has no direct topic but instead is a psycoligcal trick, it tricks people into thinking that it supports their cause and encourages people to break the rules.
>
> you sir, are a clever troll.

Face Palm.

Great post KTB.

Completely agree.

Wow. Where do I begin?

Just because the gamertags you’ve chosen doesn’t have “steller” statistics, doesn’t mean they represent everyone at 343 Industries. In addition, just because your statistics isn’t up to par with what’s seen as competitive, doesn’t mean you lack understanding in game mechanics. For example, your K/D, OP, is 1.3. Mine is 1.55. Does this mean I have a better understanding of the game? I play mostly Super Slayer and Action Sack, and you choose MLG, so does this entitle you to have a “better” opinion then me?

As a matter of fact, I happened to play with one of the employees you mentioned tonight. Did he/she do well? Who cares. When you work on a game for hours, day-in and day-out, I don’t blame them for not putting their heart and soul into boosting stats and playing MLG, or having the desire to. They play the game for fun. Don’t spam them with invites, as you suggest, so you have “teach” them how to play, or (even better) “discuss your thoughts with them”. They’re just like you and I - they play Xbox for fun. If they want feedback, this is what the forums are for. Don’t encourage spamming their private lives.

343i knows their fanbase. In fact, I’d argue they know their fanbase more than any other developer out there. Do they know what they’re doing with Halo 4? Only time will tell, but I sure as hell know they haven’t done anything to waiver my respect and trust.

All I see is a little skepticism and a lot of assumptions. It’s been said time and time again. by Frankie himself, “it’s feels like Halo” and “traditional Halo isn’t going anywhere”. 343i is working with MLG. We know very little about Halo 4, how do you derive such assumptions that the game’s already doomed? How can you act as if your opinion has a foundation in solid fact, when in reality it’s as shallow as this thread?

I feel horrible just for posting this, knowing that I’m bumping this topic. Also, the title of your thread is disgustingly inaccurate.