The most important things.

What do you believe 343i needs to focus the most attention to for H4.

no bloom

no armor abilities

10 forge worlds, all with dif palets

no armor abilities, unless they are more like equipment. I loved the addition of the jet pack, and love it to have a hover option too, and be easier to use, like just holding the jump button. I want to see some new mechanics that don’t change core gameply, but add to it. stuff like the cover system of Crysis 2 would work wonderfully, as well as GoW3 line for your grenade arc to simulate the fact that your character knows how hard he is throwing the thing. I also would love to be able to go prone, and I wouldn’t mind them experimenting with weapons like the energy sword and hammer allowing you to go into 3rd person and have unhinhibited movement, making them feel more immersive and like you are actually aware of your surroundings while using a close combat weapon.

(those things said, I’m not gonna be butt hurt if they don’t add in 20 new mechanics to make gameplay more fluid and impressive, besides, so many changes at once, even if they were subtle, would make the game feel like a different game. that isn’t always bad, but people want another halo, not some revalutionary fps, but I wouldn’t mind a halo filling that role too, but perhaps that would need to be a side game, as to not effect the main trilogy.)

anyway, it needs to have forge with Custom game Matchmaking, and hopefully AI players for multiplayer and custom games. that would so make the game for me. it’s the thing the others seemed to be missing from making them much more playable. I also need my customization, not load outs, but aesthetics, I love makin me look good.

If sprint and Evade are back, they need to be standard and not ability related. have evade be a duck and cover maneuver, and have sprint be unlimited, and have both be activated by simple controls, like crouching while you tilt the move stick all the way makes you run auto faces you that way or something. have the “evade” be something as simple as double tapping crouch while tilting the move stick to dive into duck and cover, and then have it so you have to get back up to move freely again, so introduce going prone with that.

those are just a few things I really would love to see, but I’m not expecting it on behalf of the fan base not knowing how to deal with it all.

Campaign
Multiplayer
Forge
Firefight
Theatre

-Focus on skill based gameplay with as little chances for luck to beat skill.
-Fun maps ranging in sizes
-All maps are effective for forging
-A new idea that works WITH the Halo gameplay (like equipment) rather than against it (like AA’s)
-Spread over distance so weapons don’t go outside their effective ranges, as well as capped RoF’s for semi-auto weapons so they aren’t spammed and a little bit of recoil.
-Lots of vehicles
-Lots of weapons that fill different niches
-Maps with interactive items (buttons, elevators, etc.)
-Maps in ranging themes (human, forerunner, covenant, flood, etc.)
-Bright color palette
-Large maps have quick ways of travel for infantry on foot and many different areas where different weapons shine (wide open areas for snipers, tunnels for shotguns, etc.)

The main focus should be making the game appeal to the hardcore community. Make the game for the competitive players because they are the ones who will be playing it the most and playing it for the longest time.

Others will buy the game simply because it is a “Halo”.

Bungie messed up with Reach because they designed the game to help bad players beat the good players. This is why a large portion of the Halo 3 community never bothered with Reach. The game has so few people now because all the casuals got bored and moved on to a new game like they always do.

Good story, lengthy campaign with all kinds of things you can do
New weapons
Pickups
New multi-player modes, large MP maps- maybe 16 on 16 gameplay, or 12 on 12, dedicated servers to allow this
Improved, more diverse forge

Better firefight, more like ODST’s FF, but different possibly to where you can progress to different areas or buy different weapons- kind of like Zombies on CoD.

> no armor abilities, unless they are more like equipment. I loved the addition of the jet pack, and love it to have a hover option too, and be easier to use, like just holding the jump button. I want to see some new mechanics that don’t change core gameply, but add to it. stuff like the cover system of Crysis 2 would work wonderfully, as well as GoW3 line for your grenade arc to simulate the fact that your character knows how hard he is throwing the thing. I also would love to be able to go prone, and I wouldn’t mind them experimenting with weapons like the energy sword and hammer allowing you to go into 3rd person and have unhinhibited movement, making them feel more immersive and like you are actually aware of your surroundings while using a close combat weapon.
>
> (those things said, I’m not gonna be butt hurt if they don’t add in 20 new mechanics to make gameplay more fluid and impressive, besides, so many changes at once, even if they were subtle, would make the game feel like a different game. that isn’t always bad, but people want another halo, not some revalutionary fps, but I wouldn’t mind a halo filling that role too, but perhaps that would need to be a side game, as to not effect the main trilogy.)
>
> anyway, it needs to have forge with Custom game Matchmaking, and hopefully AI players for multiplayer and custom games. that would so make the game for me. it’s the thing the others seemed to be missing from making them much more playable. I also need my customization, not load outs, but aesthetics, I love makin me look good.
>
> If sprint and Evade are back, they need to be standard and not ability related. have evade be a duck and cover maneuver, and have sprint be unlimited, and have both be activated by simple controls, like crouching while you tilt the move stick all the way makes you run auto faces you that way or something. have the “evade” be something as simple as double tapping crouch while tilting the move stick to dive into duck and cover, and then have it so you have to get back up to move freely again, so introduce going prone with that.
>
> those are just a few things I really would love to see, but I’m not expecting it on behalf of the fan base not knowing how to deal with it all.

Wow, dude. I wasn’t gonna read your post because it was so long, but I’m glad I did. I’ve actually thought about and really wanted about 90% of the things you just posted.

Great ideas.

I’m excited for them to make Halo4 everything that Reach wasn’t. Reach was a big step back in the Halo series (and not just because it was a prequel…haha?). But seriously, I think 343i is going to make a great game!