The most important question no one asked

Will the chess gametype be in halo 4?

Why is this relevant? I mean, halo is a FPS. Not Chess.

Although it would be a cool feature.

That’s an extremely good question. Now we have to look at the business side. Obviously, chess was the pinnacle of Halo gameplay. Without it, Halo would not be the same. If 343 left it out, there would be an uproar, thousands of preorders would be lost. There might even be a boycott. Halo 4 would become a financial disaster. Now lets look ethically. How could you not? There are major league Halo chess teams, why would you cut them off from their beloved game?
Overall, if we just take a step back and look at it, 343 has to include chess. I am assuming they will leave it for the last bulletin, because it will be the biggest reveal yet.

> That’s an extremely good question. Now we have to look at the business side. Now obviously, chess was the pinnacle of Halo gameplay. Without it, Halo would not be the same. If 343 left it out, there would be an uproar, thousands of preorders would be lost. There might even be a boycott. Halo 4 would become a financial disaster. Now lets look ethically. How could you not? There are major league Halo chess teams, why would you cut them off from their beloved game?
> Overall, if we just take a step back and look at it, 343 has to include chess. I am assuming they will leave it for the last bulletin, because it will be the biggest reveal yet.

Leaving chess out would be worse than the all the things they’ve done to the LE. I can only imagine the outrage it would cause if it were to be excluded

Hopefully they won’t bastardize the Chess gametype with any stupid ModernFPS gimmicks. Knowing 343 they’ll add in dice-rolling. That would ruin the competitive spirit of Chess by introducing a randomness factor… and white was already way too OP to begin with!

I must be out of the loop or something.

There are far more topics to discuss.

Just make it in Customs.

/thread

Are people actually taking this thread seriously…

> Are people actually taking this thread seriously…

Unfortunately it seems so.

> There are far more topics to discuss.
>
> Just make it in Customs.
>
> /thread

You know, you try and lighten up the mood of the forums by making a fun thread and then people go and ruin it

> There are far more topics to discuss.
>
> Just make it in Customs.
>
> /thread

Really? I have seen page after page of whining. This was actually entertaining to read, why do you want to end the discussion that is actually fun and positive?

> > There are far more topics to discuss.
> >
> > Just make it in Customs.
> >
> > /thread
>
> You know, you try and lighten up the mood of the forums by making a fun thread and then people go and ruin it

I know a lot of people have been hot-headed and cynical lately

OT: I would love for it to make a return, it was really fun playing with friends

> > > There are far more topics to discuss.
> > >
> > > Just make it in Customs.
> > >
> > > /thread
> >
> > You know, you try and lighten up the mood of the forums by making a fun thread and then people go and ruin it
>
> I know a lot of people have been hot-headed and cynical lately
>
> OT: I would love for it to make a return, it was really fun playing with friends

343 should just give all the LE owners a free pass to a day spa, that would give them a chance to relax

I can’t believe I forgot that gametype even existed.

Some of my most intense games in Halo were while playing chess. The white knuckled, sweaty palms, edge-of-your-seat moments were a result of such matches. If 343i were to exclude its existence from Halo 4, I may just have to stop playing Halo. It would be too much of a stress for me to withstand.

> > > > There are far more topics to discuss.
> > > >
> > > > Just make it in Customs.
> > > >
> > > > /thread
> > >
> > > You know, you try and lighten up the mood of the forums by making a fun thread and then people go and ruin it
> >
> > I know a lot of people have been hot-headed and cynical lately
> >
> > OT: I would love for it to make a return, it was really fun playing with friends
>
> 343 should just give all the LE owners a free pass to a day spa, that would give them a chance to relax

Lol. I like it.

I heard they were giving chess to LE early…

But THEN i got an email from microsoft saying if i play before nov. 20th they’ll give me a code to unlock it early too.

Shame i have to reach 50 first :[

Chess will be missed.

All I can say OP is…

I certainly hope so.

Infinity Chess is a complete perversion of the classic chess experience that we’ve been playing for so long. I can’t believe 343 thought these changes would fly with the hardcore chess community. I expect to see Classic Chess in the first TU.