The military/stencil font used on this site

It’s very hard to read, and seems more COD than Halo to me.

Can we have a more readable font that fits better with the Halo theme, please?

Thanks.

Actually the stencil font is very readable, in my opinion. If you notice the places where the “space lines” are on the letters, they are non-obtrusive, thin to not overpower the letter and flow with the typography so they don’t become unreadable.

It may make you think this is just copying CoD or something, but stencil lettering have been a military type standard longer than any of us have been alive. UNSC would have stencil letters and how this is a future/sci-fi game, the stencil fits and has been updated to be modernized and aligned more with a possible natural evolution of the beloved stencil. I’m sorry you are having a difficult time trying to read it.

Did you zoom out too much?

> Actually the stencil font is very readable, in my opinion. If you notice the places where the “space lines” are on the letters, they are non-obtrusive, thin to not overpower the letter and flow with the typography so they don’t become unreadable.
>
> It may make you think this is just copying CoD or something, but stencil lettering have been a military type standard longer than any of us have been alive. UNSC would have stencil letters and how this is a future/sci-fi game, the stencil fits and has been updated to be modernized and aligned more with a possible natural evolution of the beloved stencil. I’m sorry you are having a difficult time trying to read it.

Yep. I like it. It’s very UNSC.

I get the military UNSC vibe, but it’s still not very readable.

Something must be wrong with your computer.

I think it’s very readable from my point of view. Also, not EVERYTHING military themed has to relate to CoD, you know.

“Oh crap, it’s a gun! Halo is becoming CoD! NOOOOO!”

I love it, personally. It has that… stylistic grace that Halo stuff ought to, but it feels very UNSC at the same time. Perfectly readable to me.