The mighty Spartan Laser

Ok, I just made a SR60 Spartan and got access to the Spartan Laser (actually at SR59) , I tried it out and found out quickly it has such a long “wind” up before it can fire. You can easily be taken down before the thing fires off one shot, What situations is it good for?

When you are at a safe distance and they do not know your location. If the tank’s back is turned on you, you’ll get an instant kill. Scorpian tank, is shooting the grate where the steam comes out and the Wraith is a usual, the big spinning core that is also a booster. It is not meant for taking down spartans. If you can land the laser right on a vehicle and its a guaranteed kill or double kill, or even a triple, depending on the vehicle and how many people are on it, you might as well go for the vehicle. Using it on other spartans is a total waste now since we all have thruster packs. You’re never guaranteed a kill with it when using it on spartans.

None. Even when you can fire it, it’s simply terrible.

If you want to kill a spartan with it you HAVE to be out of sight and charge it up without them noticing. The thruster pack makes it easy to dodge. Even when you land a hit, if you don’t land the entirety of the beam perfectly on the player then they only get their shields taken down. I get that it’s not meant to be an anti-infantry weapon, which is what many people say when talks of how weak it is pop up, so lets talk about it against vehicles.

As you mentioned, it has an EXTREMELY long charge time, and that red beam certainly doesn’t help anything. Not only do those things count against it, but it is also EXTREMELY weak. Banshees require TWO shots. The stupid weapon only comes with FOUR shots, so you really don’t get much out of it.

I personally HATE threads about buffing/nerfing certain weapons, as I think this game has a very good balance weapon-wise; however, in my opinion, this may be the one weapon that truly needs a buff.

I’d say for taking out vehicles and stuff like that if the enemy team is swarming. Get away from the action if you can and use it long range, although I’ve seen other threads talking about how pretty ineffective it is against any vehicles higher than the base model (E.G. - Sword Banshees, Ghost Ultras, e.t.c.).

It’s an anti-vehicle weapon, not anti-infantry. Use it at a distance against tanks, warthogs, banshees, etc.

> 2533274851326318;3:
> None. Even when you can fire it, it’s simply terrible.
>
> If you want to kill a spartan with it you HAVE to be out of sight and charge it up without them noticing. The thruster pack makes it easy to dodge. Even when you land a hit, if you don’t land the entirety of the beam perfectly on the player then they only get their shields taken down. I get that it’s not meant to be an anti-infantry weapon, which is what many people say when talks of how weak it is pop up, so lets talk about it against vehicles.
>
> As you mentioned, it has an EXTREMELY long charge time, and that red beam certainly doesn’t help anything. Not only do those things count against it, but it is also EXTREMELY weak. Banshees require TWO shots. The stupid weapon only comes with FOUR shots, so you really don’t get much out of it.
>
> I personally HATE threads about buffing/nerfing certain weapons, as I think this game has a very good balance weapon-wise; however, in my opinion, this may be the one weapon that truly needs a buff.

It’s because they added that energy shield. God I hate it so much, but its so good when you are the one flying LOL. Thats why I try to take out the energy shield, then charge up the laser. If you hit from directly behind it and not from the side, it will guarantee you an instant kill. From the side, the vehicle should have taken damage already if you wanna go for that kind of shot.

Just starting to get access to these more powerful weapons, looking forward to see what will be available to SR70 and above.

Halo 3 laser was best

> 2535409103705542;2:
> When you are at a safe distance and they do not know your location. If the tank’s back is turned on you, you’ll get an instant kill. Scorpian tank, is shooting the grate where the steam comes out and the Wraith is a usual, the big spinning core that is also a booster. It is not meant for taking down spartans. If you can land the laser right on a vehicle and its a guaranteed kill or double kill, or even a triple, depending on the vehicle and how many people are on it, you might as well go for the vehicle. Using it on other spartans is a total waste now since we all have thruster packs. You’re never guaranteed a kill with it when using it on spartans.

If you are going to kill spartans, it isn’t so bad if their back is turned or they have a turret. Even better if they have a turret and their back is turned.