The Microsoft Argument

Not a thread here goes by without Microsoft being mentioned. Mentioned, but never backed.

Microsoft supposedly had a huge say in the way Halo Guardians came together. It’s being stated constantly that they are a big reason Halo Guardians got so much backlash from the community. The company is said to have hindered 343 greatly.

In what way exactly? And has this argument ever been thoroughly explained? Proven?

Ps: Im not picking sides, Im just really curious about this.

Well for me I can only think that Halo 5’s story was changed, like Destiny’s was… I mean, I haven’t read any of the books yet that were released after Glasslands, but really, what was with the whole MC is dead, MC is a traitor, find the truth, Benjamin Jerau thing, if the campaign literally just says he’s AWOL because he’s gone to look for Cortana? I’d say MS had a hand in that, but no evidence to support it, and I’ve heard nothing about it since H5 was released.

So, that’s one thing I’d like answered, if someone could provide explanation with sources (Books as well, I need to read them anyway)

LateNightGaming did a video covering the… flawed development of Halo 5.

> 2533275025011628;3:
> LateNightGaming did a video covering the… flawed development of Halo 5.

Please don’t bring that controversial topic here. LNG doesn’t even have any real proof.

> 2533275025011628;3:
> LateNightGaming did a video covering the… flawed development of Halo 5.

Yeah I saw that. Seemed like a lot of guessing to me…

> 2533274860945165;4:
> > 2533275025011628;3:
> > LateNightGaming did a video covering the… flawed development of Halo 5.
>
>
> Please don’t bring that controversial topic here. LNG doesn’t even have any real proof.

Wasn’t starting anything, just explaining where the whole rumour came from.

Cortana, take me to the next thread.

Instead of guessing and a lot of BS I’d like to give my take with common sense.

Do you people really think that a corporation such as MS, who is about to release their biggest OS Windows 10 with Cortana as being the key character to its success, go and tell 343 to bring back Cortana and totally be cool with her being the evil AI ? Think about that and its complications.

I wish MS had something to do with Halo. I bet it wouldn’t have been as bad as the thing we got from 343.
One major issue I have with MS is they give their developers too much freedom. I wish they were a bit like Sony and just tell them when its bad.

Oh boy not this topic. This type of topic has been dropped three months ago for a reason.

> 2533274961229108;8:
> Instead of guessing and a lot of BS I’d like to give my take with common sense.
>
> Do you people really think that a corporation such as MS, who is about to release their biggest OS Windows 10 with Cortana as being the key character to its success, go and tell 343 to bring back Cortana and totally be cool with her being the evil AI ? Think about that and its complications.
>
> I wish MS had something to do with Halo. I bet it wouldn’t have been as bad as the thing we got from 343.
> One major issue I have with MS is they give their developers too much freedom. I wish they were a bit like Sony and just tell them when its bad.

One word. MARKETING!!! That’s really the only reason. Some people actually reacted badly towards Cortana dying. Microsoft gave Bungie all the freedom they need and they gave out the most beloved games of the franchise. Developers NEED freedom.

> 2533274974695300;9:
> Oh boy not this topic. This type of topic has been dropped three months ago for a reason.

What was the reason?

There are also some development screenshots that indicate that the story was meant to be very different than how it is now. No matter what Late Night Gaming says, and no matter how reliable he is, there is evidence that the story changed late in development. That being said, however, it is unknown whether or not Microsoft had a say in this at all.

I agree, too many people are blaming the publisher than the developer. I guess all the glitches/bugs, lack of playlist, reskin REQs, poor customization, and poor U.I. is Microsoft’s fault.

> 2533274875982754;7:
> Cortana, take me to the next thread.

You must be Windows 10 user.

> 2533274808539505;11:
> > 2533274974695300;9:
> > Oh boy not this topic. This type of topic has been dropped three months ago for a reason.
>
>
> What was the reason?

Just look at the thread called “Microsoft will be the death of halo” and you’ll see what I mean.

There were rumors MS had the script changed to bring cortana back, because of their marketing of her on their devices

> 2535454426512730;13:
> I agree, too many people are blaming the publisher than the developer. I guess all the glitches/bugs, lack of playlist, reskin REQs, poor customization, and poor U.I. is Microsoft’s fault.

IT was definately MS’s idea for microtansactions, which seemed to be the main focus of the game, meaning less programming time for the actual game so yeah in a wierd way it is MS’s fault.

LNG says he contacted ex-343 employees. He has no proof, but there’s a lot of things that point to what he’s saying. I personally believe him, but I can see why others who don’t know him don’t.

Can we just stop the arguing and say that it was the fault of both companies for different reasons? 343 had some responsibility in making the mistakes that they did, but we can’t just put all the blame on 343, as Microsoft had to have some say so on what went in Halo 5 as you can’t just tell me that stuff like marketing and microtransactions was solely the fault of 343.

> 2533274961229108;8:
> Instead of guessing and a lot of BS I’d like to give my take with common sense.
>
> Do you people really think that a corporation such as MS, who is about to release their biggest OS Windows 10 with Cortana as being the key character to its success, go and tell 343 to bring back Cortana and totally be cool with her being the evil AI ? Think about that and its complications.
>
> I wish MS had something to do with Halo. I bet it wouldn’t have been as bad as the thing we got from 343.
> One major issue I have with MS is they give their developers too much freedom. I wish they were a bit like Sony and just tell them when its bad.

Microsoft only cares about money. Make much less sense 343 being responsible to this awful decision. Or you think 343 built 3 years of fiction just to throw everything away on purpose?
There’s no proof about LateNightHater’s “leak”, but yeah, it makes sense.