The Menus

Is it just me or are the menus in this game the laggiest/slowest you’ve ever seen in a game?

The REQ menus in Warzone take 2 seconds to load, and then they re-load every time you switch tabs. The actual REQ cards take ages to load too and are just blank until I stop moving for a second or so.

The Arena menus have a 3 second (at least) delay. If you choose the wrong playlist, you can’t quit backwards whilst the page is loading.

…and why in gods name to I need to wait ten seconds to quit out of a playlist before any matching has started?!? (If it even lets you at all!!!)

We are talking menus here, they should be instant for goodness sake, this is 2016!!!

Yes, they’re awful. Make me sad :’(

Yeah, the Halo 5 UI is pretty bad…

This seems to be a trend with 343, game preferences aside.

Something that worked perfectly fine in previous games (Aiming, UI, unlock system, campaign scoring, armour, offline modes etc) they either remove or put their ‘unique’ spin on it. In other words, they either ruin it, or take it out completely.

So everyone gets this crazy delay with everything they do?

Like a 10 second delay when quitting from a playlist?

> 2567453894718125;5:
> So everyone gets this crazy delay with everything they do?
>
> Like a 10 second delay when quitting from a playlist?

yes. I think this has something to do with the dedicated servers.

They’re abysmal.

> 2567453894718125;5:
> So everyone gets this crazy delay with everything they do?
>
> Like a 10 second delay when quitting from a playlist?

Yes I get this as well. Sometimes I have to ‘exit matchmaking’ multiple times so it will stop searching! I have never had such an unresponsive experience with a game that has ‘dedicated servers’. Don’t even get me started on the retrieving data either…

I think its because its runing from the internet as apposed to running from the disc. Like any mode that isn’t campaign, you need to load in to that specific lobby. I’m no game designer, but I guess it has something to do with that.

It’s shocking…complicated websites 10 years ago were quicker