The "Menu" button on posts seems to be broken

When I click on it, it takes me to this dead link.

This isn’t a new issue; it’s happened (very) sporadically in the past. The “Menu” button is powered by JavaScript, which I can only guess is failing to load or be applied properly. The button shouldn’t have a URL at all, but the presence of that URL is moot when the JavaScript works.

I can work around the problem with a DOM inspector, but I suspect this may inconvenience other members.

I’m on Firefox 31.0 right now.

Actually, it seems like a significant portion of the site’s JavaScript is non-functional for some reason. :\

I’m using Google Chrome and I’m not having any problem with the menu button, all is working as it should. Maybe its an issue with your browser?

Hello DavidJCobb,

I want to inform you that i have seen this problem before, the result was the browser. Yet, its strange for Firefox to have this problem, b/c i usually get that problem on IE, b/c that tends to crap out a lot on waypoint or any other forum. So i would like you to give this a try.

1. Open up two web browsers (the first one google and the other firefox).

2. Access the thread you were trying to get into on both web browsers.

3. If one gets the error screen and the other doesn’t, then its the affected browser.

Try accessing the link from all available web browsers you have b/c it will be easier to identify where the problem is occurring from. However make a recommendation, when accessing a forum (waypoint or any other misc forum, try to stick to either firefox and safari. Google and IE tend to crap out often.). The other option, i would suggest is update firefox, but i happened to forget the latest update. If it does need an update, update it, check the link, and let us know if it works, :slight_smile:

Tested this myself under Windows 7, but wasn’t able to reproduce. Will try and test under 8.1 and OSX 10.9 when I get home later.

Browsers I check with were:
Firefox 31 (stable)
Chrome 36 (stable)
Opera 23 (stable)
IE 10

Is it possible that your connection is being interrupted/delayed slightly? Perhaps the browser hasn’t loaded the JavaScript function that controls the menu when you’ve gone to click the button.

You can use this as a workaround, but I personally keep it this way to minimize the number of clicks. My Profile > Topic and Post Display > check the box next to “Always show menu below post.”

> Tested this myself under Windows 7, but wasn’t able to reproduce. Will try and test under 8.1 and OSX 10.9 when I get home later.
>
> Browsers I check with were:
> Firefox 31 (stable)
> Chrome 36 (stable)
> Opera 23 (stable)
> IE 10
>
> Is it possible that your connection is being interrupted/delayed slightly? Perhaps the browser hasn’t loaded the JavaScript function that controls the menu when you’ve gone to click the button.

Performed the steps as well, to double check if i was affected. Everything on my end is stable, so im guessing its on David’s end. At least the good news is its not affecting other members, :).

The tips are appreciated, guys. I’ve been doing other kinds of development than web stuff lately, so some of the basics have been fading out of my brain.

The scripts do work in other browsers (I suppose I should’ve checked that before posting, but I was occupied with other matters). So it isn’t a problem with Waypoint (and I’ve since managed to fix it).

Since it’s not a Waypoint issue, I’ll lock.