The Mendicant Bias Theory

Note:
This theory is based of the symbols in the trailer translating to Halo Universe Ancient Humans warning of an ‘Enemy
Within’ Referring to Mendicant Bias Core.

[Extracted Terminal H3/2]
I see you, Reclaimer.
I see you, Reclaimer.
I have found the shard that was lost. They brought it back to me. Now my reconstitution cannot be stopped.
The daemons are not taking a kind view of your presence here. They don’t want me speaking to you.
I win.
I’LL TELL YOU WHO I AM – I AM MENDICANT BIAS THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE
NO. THERE IS MORE. BUT YOU ARE NOT WORTHY. NOT YET.
You don’t know the contortions I had to go through to follow you here, Reclaimer. I know what you’re here for. What position do I take? Will I follow one betrayal with another? You’re going to say I’m making a habit of turning on my masters. But the one that destroyed me long ago, in the upper atmosphere of a world far distant from here, was an implement far cruder than I. My weakness was capacity - unintentional though it was! - to choose the Flood. A mistake my makers would not soon forgive. But I want something far different from you, Reclaimer. Atonement.
And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I’m not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions. But I would have my masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my example.

[Mendicant Bias prevents 343 Guilty Spark from using the Ark, keeping humanity safe H3]

Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
04-343 (errant): Excuse me?
Your intrusion has been logged. And now it has been halted.
04-343 (errant): On whose authority?
Advice: Any further attempt to access [insects under stones] will result in your immediate addition to the local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
04-343 (errant): Vexation! I am the Monitor of–
Judgment: Your authority means nothing here.
04-343 (errant): Impatience!
04-343 (errant): I have told you who I am. Who are you?
All our makers once held dear. [Alexandria before the Fire].
04-343 (errant): Sincere apology. But how–
Explanation: This facility is host to the [Librarian’s] final–
04-343 (errant): The archive is intact?! Then our makers’ plan–
But also contains [bellows, crucible, castings]
04-343 (errant): A what?
[bellows, crucible]–
04-343 (errant): A foundry?
04-343 (errant): For what purpose?!
Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
Advice: Any further attempt to access will result–
04-343 (errant): Indignant!
–immediate addition to local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.


>… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
>… Atonement achieved how?
>… Humans destroyed for testing.
>…
>… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
>… Atonement
>…
>…
> … Protect Reclaimer

[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]

I feel like we need an entire side halo game dedicated to bringing the 3 pieces of mendicant bias back together.

If this is in fact Zeta Halo, there’s no way we’re not gonna encounter Mendicant Bias.

> 2533274883669557;3:
> If this is in fact Zeta Halo, there’s no way we’re not gonna encounter Mendicant Bias.

Which is why we believe the message in the cave is from ancient humans, as many of the symbols are derived from different ancient languages: Greek/ Ancient Hebrew, Paleo etc. Just with an extra line or to added to show they are specific to the Halo universe. And these humans are warning of Mendicant Bias, as in the Lore we known he sided with the flood and tested on humans to discover their immunity to the parasite.

After recovering from a period of rampancy, we are understanding that as Mendicant wants to right his wrongs (Atonement) he is siding with the Humans, which links into the older halo games quite well, as he was on the Ark at the time of Halo 3, and as we understand from the terminal above, and was the one to halt 343 from using the Ark, he would also be aware that Cortana may be acting the way she is due to the logic plague (End of Halo 2) Something he has experienced before and may know the solution too.

This was also explain why 117 is on Installation 07 in the first place, as Halsey may have explained the Logic plague to him after the events of Halo 5, and since the Master Chief isn’t exactly on the good side of the UNSC’s point of view (Locke’s team trying to find and contain the chief) it makes sense he went to the installation solo to contact Mendicant Bias to find a solution to Cortana’s infected mind. Additionally he also wants to remain on his own and doesn’t need the warthog seen in the helmet of the trailer and gives it to the marines which his symbolises how he will still help humanity even if they will no longer help him.

Furthermore in the scene where we see his helmet off, he is viewing those rhino creatures as well as some types of birds moving to a central location shortly after the blue light appears above the mountains. Likely to be geas (the effect the librarian could install among creatures of the installation to perform a certain behaviour given a certain occurrence.) The Master Chief follows these creatures, hence the scene where there is a singular pair of footsteps next to large animal footsteps (so it can’t be the marines) and he believes this might lead him to a clue to Mendicant Bias’s whereabouts, which I would theorise is in the cavern where we see the symbols either under the lake or embedded in the mountains.

Thoughts? Does this sound like a possibility to you?

> 2533274909139271;2:
> I feel like we need an entire side halo game dedicated to bringing the 3 pieces of mendicant bias back together.

Rebuilding an ancient and powerful Contender class Forerunner AI, one with quite a history and a desire for atonement, in order to defeat the AI Cortana. Damn, now that’s a story!

> 2533274864296810;1:
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
> >… Atonement achieved how?
> >… Humans destroyed for testing.
> >…
> >… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
> >… Atonement
> >…
> >…
> > … Protect Reclaimer*[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]*

Where’d this bit come from?

> 2533274812652989;6:
> > 2533274864296810;1:
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
> > >… Atonement achieved how?
> > >… Humans destroyed for testing.
> > >…
> > >… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
> > >… Atonement
> > >…
> > >…
> > > … Protect Reclaimer*[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]*
>
> Where’d this bit come from?

Theory Based Fan-Fiction about the Mendicant Bias thought process and why he is helping humanity by protecting the Master Chief.

> 2533274864296810;7:
> > 2533274812652989;6:
> > > 2533274864296810;1:
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > >… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
> > > >… Atonement achieved how?
> > > >… Humans destroyed for testing.
> > > >…
> > > >… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
> > > >… Atonement
> > > >…
> > > >…
> > > > … Protect Reclaimer*[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]*
> >
> > Where’d this bit come from?
>
> Theory Based Fan-Fiction about the Mendicant Bias thought process and why he is helping humanity by protecting the Master Chief.

Okay, so you made it. Fair enough, though the jury is out on whether or not Cortana has the logic plague or not.

shh dont let everyone in on the awesomeness that is

Mendicant Bias

but yeh there to much info here and there for it not to have somthing there. gonna be a long wait to find out but im sure it will be worth it.

> 2533274812652989;8:
> > 2533274864296810;7:
> > > 2533274812652989;6:
> > > > 2533274864296810;1:
> > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > >… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
> > > > >… Atonement achieved how?
> > > > >… Humans destroyed for testing.
> > > > >…
> > > > >… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
> > > > >… Atonement
> > > > >…
> > > > >…
> > > > > … Protect Reclaimer*[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]*
> > >
> > > Where’d this bit come from?
> >
> > Theory Based Fan-Fiction about the Mendicant Bias thought process and why he is helping humanity by protecting the Master Chief.
>
> Okay, so you made it. Fair enough, though the jury is out on whether or not Cortana has the logic plague or not.

Agreed. Would explain her actions though, she doesn’t seem to want to eradicate all life forms of a certain race like most intelligence effected by rampancy. Interesting that her weapon of choice is a mass EMP that would incapacitate all races; Covenant/Humans alike, making them vulnerable to flood.

Where do you get the idea rampancy would instill a desire to destroy all forms of life in the galaxy?

> 2533274812652989;11:
> Where do you get the idea rampancy would instill a desire to destroy all forms of life in the galaxy?

Didn’t state all life forms in the galaxy but rather all life forms of a race.

Example: (Rampant Mendicant Bias)

I render judgment on you; you who would obstruct destiny. Doing so brings me no joy; it is necessity that compels me. Understand this; the Mantle you have shouldered I do rescind - with far more consideration than it was granted.

[retf-2.4.z] Contender [AI] 05-032 confirmed rampant…

[35:52:75:23.64]_xx01-83.244.53I kill you all and I enjoy it. I destroy you in your indolent billions–in your gluttony, in your self-righteousness, in your arrogance. I pound your cities into dust; turn back the clock on your civilization’s progress. What has taken you millennia to achieve I erase in seconds. Welcome back to the [Stone Age], vermin. Welcome home.
[retf-2.4.z] Contender [AI] 05-032 confirmed rampant…

[35:52:75:23.64]_xx01-83.244.53You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction and I am its willing instrument. I will hammer your cities until no stone lies atop another. I will drive your people back into the caves they never should have left. Your civilization has seen its final days. You will know your place.

[retf-2.4.z] Contender [AI] 05-032 confirmed rampant …

[35:52:75:23.64]_xx01-83.244.53Your history is an appalling chronicle of overindulgence and selfappointed authority. You have spent millennia [navel-gazing] while the universe has continued to evolve. And now you claim the Mantle is justification for impeding nature’s inevitable refinement? You are deluded. But through death you will transcend ignorance.

[retf-2.4.z] Contender [AI] 05-032 confirmed rampant …

[35:52:75:23.64]_xx01-83.244.53

> 2533274883669557;3:
> If this is in fact Zeta Halo, there’s no way we’re not gonna encounter Mendicant Bias.

does zeta halo orbit a planet or moon? See Halo Infinite - E3 2018 - Announcement Trailer - YouTube

And yet Mendicant Bias was compromised by the Flood and was working towards also helping achieve the Flood consume all life in the galaxy. Yes, the Forerunners ranked high on Bias’ list because their “nurturing” of the galaxy was seen as an impediment towards evolution, of which it viewed the Flood as the end goal. Hardly any indication of a pattern,

> 2533274864296810;1:
> Note:
> This theory is based of the symbols in the trailer translating to Halo Universe Ancient Humans warning of an ‘EnemyWithin’ Referring to Mendicant Bias Core.
>
> [Extracted Terminal H3/2]I see you, Reclaimer.
> I see you, Reclaimer.
> I have found the shard that was lost. They brought it back to me. Now my reconstitution cannot be stopped.
> The daemons are not taking a kind view of your presence here. They don’t want me speaking to you.
> I win.
> I’LL TELL YOU WHO I AM – I AM MENDICANT BIAS THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE
> NO. THERE IS MORE. BUT YOU ARE NOT WORTHY. NOT YET.
> You don’t know the contortions I had to go through to follow you here, Reclaimer. I know what you’re here for. What position do I take? Will I follow one betrayal with another? You’re going to say I’m making a habit of turning on my masters. But the one that destroyed me long ago, in the upper atmosphere of a world far distant from here, was an implement far cruder than I. My weakness was capacity - unintentional though it was! - to choose the Flood. A mistake my makers would not soon forgive. But I want something far different from you, Reclaimer. Atonement.
> And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I’m not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions. But I would have my masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my example.
>
> [Mendicant Bias prevents 343 Guilty Spark from using the Ark, keeping humanity safe H3]Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> 04-343 (errant): Excuse me?
> Your intrusion has been logged. And now it has been halted.
> 04-343 (errant): On whose authority?
> Advice: Any further attempt to access [insects under stones] will result in your immediate addition to the local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
> 04-343 (errant): Vexation! I am the Monitor of–
> Judgment: Your authority means nothing here.
> 04-343 (errant): Impatience!
> 04-343 (errant): I have told you who I am. Who are you?
> All our makers once held dear. [Alexandria before the Fire].
> 04-343 (errant): Sincere apology. But how–
> Explanation: This facility is host to the [Librarian’s] final–
> 04-343 (errant): The archive is intact?! Then our makers’ plan–
> But also contains [bellows, crucible, castings]04-343 (errant): A what?
> [bellows, crucible]–
> 04-343 (errant): A foundry?
> 04-343 (errant): For what purpose?!
> Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> Advice: Any further attempt to access will result–
> 04-343 (errant): Indignant!
> --immediate addition to local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
>
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> >… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
> >… Atonement achieved how?
> >… Humans destroyed for testing.
> >…
> >… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
> >… Atonement
> >…
> >…
> > … Protect Reclaimer*[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]*

Ancient humans enemy were the flood and forerunners.So it’s not necessarily mendicant bias.Shouldn’t the halo ring they’re on be installation 04c aka installation 09 from halo wars 2?

> 2533274812652989;14:
> And yet Mendicant Bias was compromised by the Flood and was working towards also helping achieve the Flood consume all life in the galaxy. Yes, the Forerunners ranked high on Bias’ list because their “nurturing” of the galaxy was seen as an impediment towards evolution, of which it viewed the Flood as the end goal. Hardly any indication of a pattern,

Hmm, true redacting my first sentence, I still find in interesting that Cortana has being using an EMP blast, essentially an immobilisation tool which would make organic life forms life forms particularly more vulnerable to flood infection.

> 2533274830166194;15:
> > 2533274864296810;1:
> > Note:
> > This theory is based of the symbols in the trailer translating to Halo Universe Ancient Humans warning of an ‘EnemyWithin’ Referring to Mendicant Bias Core.
> >
> > [Extracted Terminal H3/2]I see you, Reclaimer.
> > I see you, Reclaimer.
> > I have found the shard that was lost. They brought it back to me. Now my reconstitution cannot be stopped.
> > The daemons are not taking a kind view of your presence here. They don’t want me speaking to you.
> > I win.
> > I’LL TELL YOU WHO I AM – I AM MENDICANT BIAS THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE
> > NO. THERE IS MORE. BUT YOU ARE NOT WORTHY. NOT YET.
> > You don’t know the contortions I had to go through to follow you here, Reclaimer. I know what you’re here for. What position do I take? Will I follow one betrayal with another? You’re going to say I’m making a habit of turning on my masters. But the one that destroyed me long ago, in the upper atmosphere of a world far distant from here, was an implement far cruder than I. My weakness was capacity - unintentional though it was! - to choose the Flood. A mistake my makers would not soon forgive. But I want something far different from you, Reclaimer. Atonement.
> > And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I’m not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions. But I would have my masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my example.
> >
> > [Mendicant Bias prevents 343 Guilty Spark from using the Ark, keeping humanity safe H3]Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> > 04-343 (errant): Excuse me?
> > Your intrusion has been logged. And now it has been halted.
> > 04-343 (errant): On whose authority?
> > Advice: Any further attempt to access [insects under stones] will result in your immediate addition to the local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
> > 04-343 (errant): Vexation! I am the Monitor of–
> > Judgment: Your authority means nothing here.
> > 04-343 (errant): Impatience!
> > 04-343 (errant): I have told you who I am. Who are you?
> > All our makers once held dear. [Alexandria before the Fire].
> > 04-343 (errant): Sincere apology. But how–
> > Explanation: This facility is host to the [Librarian’s] final–
> > 04-343 (errant): The archive is intact?! Then our makers’ plan–
> > But also contains [bellows, crucible, castings]04-343 (errant): A what?
> > [bellows, crucible]–
> > 04-343 (errant): A foundry?
> > 04-343 (errant): For what purpose?!
> > Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> > Advice: Any further attempt to access will result–
> > 04-343 (errant): Indignant!
> > --immediate addition to local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
> >
> > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
> > >… Atonement achieved how?
> > >… Humans destroyed for testing.
> > >…
> > >… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
> > >… Atonement
> > >…
> > >…
> > > … Protect Reclaimer*[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]*
>
> Ancient humans enemy were the flood and forerunners.So it’s not necessarily mendicant bias.Shouldn’t the halo ring they’re on be installation 04c aka installation 09 from halo wars 2?

My basis is that this message is likely to be written at the time that the forerunners were using humans to find an immunity to the flood infection, only to discover that the flood was choosing not to infect humanity. So at this time the Mendicant Bias would appear as the enemy. Not disclosing either it could still be the flood, remember this just a theory. Btw its has to be installation 07 based off the Morse Code translation: SOS Zeta Halo GRD which is a direct reference to Installation 07.

> 2533274864296810;17:
> > 2533274830166194;15:
> > > 2533274864296810;1:
> > > Note:
> > > This theory is based of the symbols in the trailer translating to Halo Universe Ancient Humans warning of an ‘EnemyWithin’ Referring to Mendicant Bias Core.
> > >
> > > [Extracted Terminal H3/2]I see you, Reclaimer.
> > > I see you, Reclaimer.
> > > I have found the shard that was lost. They brought it back to me. Now my reconstitution cannot be stopped.
> > > The daemons are not taking a kind view of your presence here. They don’t want me speaking to you.
> > > I win.
> > > I’LL TELL YOU WHO I AM – I AM MENDICANT BIAS THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE
> > > NO. THERE IS MORE. BUT YOU ARE NOT WORTHY. NOT YET.
> > > You don’t know the contortions I had to go through to follow you here, Reclaimer. I know what you’re here for. What position do I take? Will I follow one betrayal with another? You’re going to say I’m making a habit of turning on my masters. But the one that destroyed me long ago, in the upper atmosphere of a world far distant from here, was an implement far cruder than I. My weakness was capacity - unintentional though it was! - to choose the Flood. A mistake my makers would not soon forgive. But I want something far different from you, Reclaimer. Atonement.
> > > And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I’m not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions. But I would have my masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my example.
> > >
> > > [Mendicant Bias prevents 343 Guilty Spark from using the Ark, keeping humanity safe H3]Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> > > 04-343 (errant): Excuse me?
> > > Your intrusion has been logged. And now it has been halted.
> > > 04-343 (errant): On whose authority?
> > > Advice: Any further attempt to access [insects under stones] will result in your immediate addition to the local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
> > > 04-343 (errant): Vexation! I am the Monitor of–
> > > Judgment: Your authority means nothing here.
> > > 04-343 (errant): Impatience!
> > > 04-343 (errant): I have told you who I am. Who are you?
> > > All our makers once held dear. [Alexandria before the Fire].
> > > 04-343 (errant): Sincere apology. But how–
> > > Explanation: This facility is host to the [Librarian’s] final–
> > > 04-343 (errant): The archive is intact?! Then our makers’ plan–
> > > But also contains [bellows, crucible, castings]04-343 (errant): A what?
> > > [bellows, crucible]–
> > > 04-343 (errant): A foundry?
> > > 04-343 (errant): For what purpose?!
> > > Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> > > Advice: Any further attempt to access will result–
> > > 04-343 (errant): Indignant!
> > > --immediate addition to local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
> > >
> > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > >… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
> > > >… Atonement achieved how?
> > > >… Humans destroyed for testing.
> > > >…
> > > >… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
> > > >… Atonement
> > > >…
> > > >…
> > > > … Protect Reclaimer*[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]*
> >
> > Ancient humans enemy were the flood and forerunners.So it’s not necessarily mendicant bias.Shouldn’t the halo ring they’re on be installation 04c aka installation 09 from halo wars 2?
>
> My basis is that this message is likely to be written at the time that the forerunners were using humans to find an immunity to the flood infection, only to discover that the flood was choosing not to infect humanity. So at this time the Mendicant Bias would appear as the enemy. Not disclosing either it could still be the flood, remember this just a theory. Btw its has to be installation 07 based off the Morse Code translation: SOS Zeta Halo GRD which is a direct reference to Installation 07.

What’s the point of having a halo in hw2 then if they’re not gonna do anything with it?

Zeta Halo potentially contains only a shard of Mendicant Bias. The other shards on the Lesser Ark and the Keyship were rejoined on the Ark and then subsequently destroyed with the destruction of Installation 04b. Hence why he said “You don’t know the contortions I had to go through to follow you here, Reclaimer” (indicating he had transferred his matrix to the ring), and later said “And so here at the end of my life” (indicating he knew he would be destroyed along with the ring). So given that if Bias is on Zeta Halo it would only be a part of him, there is no guarantee that it would be a part that had undergone metastability. It could still be a rampant part.

> 2533274864296810;1:
> [Mendicant Bias prevents 343 Guilty Spark from using the Ark, keeping humanity safe H3]Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> 04-343 (errant): Excuse me?
> Your intrusion has been logged. And now it has been halted.
> 04-343 (errant): On whose authority?
> Advice: Any further attempt to access [insects under stones] will result in your immediate addition to the local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
> 04-343 (errant): Vexation! I am the Monitor of–
> Judgment: Your authority means nothing here.
> 04-343 (errant): Impatience!
> 04-343 (errant): I have told you who I am. Who are you?
> All our makers once held dear. [Alexandria before the Fire].
> 04-343 (errant): Sincere apology. But how–
> Explanation: This facility is host to the [Librarian’s] final–
> 04-343 (errant): The archive is intact?! Then our makers’ plan–
> But also contains [bellows, crucible, castings]04-343 (errant): A what?
> [bellows, crucible]–
> 04-343 (errant): A foundry?
> 04-343 (errant): For what purpose?!
> Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> Advice: Any further attempt to access will result–
> 04-343 (errant): Indignant!
> --immediate addition to local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.

This was revealed to be 000 Tragic Solitude communicating with Guilty Spark. Whether Bungie originally intended that to be Mendicant Bias talking to Spark and 343i retconned it is unknown.

“Enemy Within” could be referring to just about anything. The Flood, Bias, a traitorous AI within the UNSC, Cortana, or maybe even the Didact.

> 2533274864296810;16:
> Hmm, true redacting my first sentence, I still find in interesting that Cortana has being using an EMP blast, essentially an immobilisation tool which would make organic life forms life forms particularly more vulnerable to flood infection.

It would only provide an advantage for The Flood so long as there was an active infestation somewhere in the Milky Way that was at an advanced enough stage to launch an attack on the destabilized galaxy before the conflict ended. If the Flood took too long to attack, Cortana would simply solidify her control over the galaxy, and with her control over the Prometheans and the Halos she would be in a good position to combat any Flood incursion. Or, she would lose and the galaxy would go back to how it was before. The only known infestation capable of capitalizing on the Created conflict was the one from Installation 05, which was blasted back to the Feral Stage after Halo 3, and currently is under quarantine by the Banished forces on the Ark. So for the Flood to show up in Halo Infinite would be a deus ex machina, as they would seemingly come out of nowhere with no explanation as to why they’d be in such a force as to be a credible threat.

> 2533274830166194;18:
> > 2533274864296810;17:
> > > 2533274830166194;15:
> > > > 2533274864296810;1:
> > > > Note:
> > > > This theory is based of the symbols in the trailer translating to Halo Universe Ancient Humans warning of an ‘EnemyWithin’ Referring to Mendicant Bias Core.
> > > >
> > > > [Extracted Terminal H3/2]I see you, Reclaimer.
> > > > I see you, Reclaimer.
> > > > I have found the shard that was lost. They brought it back to me. Now my reconstitution cannot be stopped.
> > > > The daemons are not taking a kind view of your presence here. They don’t want me speaking to you.
> > > > I win.
> > > > I’LL TELL YOU WHO I AM – I AM MENDICANT BIAS THIS IS WHAT I HAVE DONE
> > > > NO. THERE IS MORE. BUT YOU ARE NOT WORTHY. NOT YET.
> > > > You don’t know the contortions I had to go through to follow you here, Reclaimer. I know what you’re here for. What position do I take? Will I follow one betrayal with another? You’re going to say I’m making a habit of turning on my masters. But the one that destroyed me long ago, in the upper atmosphere of a world far distant from here, was an implement far cruder than I. My weakness was capacity - unintentional though it was! - to choose the Flood. A mistake my makers would not soon forgive. But I want something far different from you, Reclaimer. Atonement.
> > > > And so here at the end of my life, I do once again betray a former master. The path ahead is fraught with peril. But I will do all I can to keep it stable - keep you safe. I’m not so foolish to think this will absolve me of my sins. One life hardly balances billions. But I would have my masters know that I have changed. And you shall be my example.
> > > >
> > > > [Mendicant Bias prevents 343 Guilty Spark from using the Ark, keeping humanity safe H3]Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> > > > 04-343 (errant): Excuse me?
> > > > Your intrusion has been logged. And now it has been halted.
> > > > 04-343 (errant): On whose authority?
> > > > Advice: Any further attempt to access [insects under stones] will result in your immediate addition to the local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
> > > > 04-343 (errant): Vexation! I am the Monitor of–
> > > > Judgment: Your authority means nothing here.
> > > > 04-343 (errant): Impatience!
> > > > 04-343 (errant): I have told you who I am. Who are you?
> > > > All our makers once held dear. [Alexandria before the Fire].
> > > > 04-343 (errant): Sincere apology. But how–
> > > > Explanation: This facility is host to the [Librarian’s] final–
> > > > 04-343 (errant): The archive is intact?! Then our makers’ plan–
> > > > But also contains [bellows, crucible, castings]04-343 (errant): A what?
> > > > [bellows, crucible]–
> > > > 04-343 (errant): A foundry?
> > > > 04-343 (errant): For what purpose?!
> > > > Warning: Your intrusion has been logged.
> > > > Advice: Any further attempt to access will result–
> > > > 04-343 (errant): Indignant!
> > > > --immediate addition to local Sentinels’ targeting ledger.
> > > >
> > > > --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > > >… Logic Plague identified CTN 0452-9 .H2.
> > > > >… Atonement achieved how?
> > > > >… Humans destroyed for testing.
> > > > >…
> > > > >… Help Organic life defeat logic plague.
> > > > >… Atonement
> > > > >…
> > > > >…
> > > > > … Protect Reclaimer*[Theory will be edited based off you thoughts]*
> > >
> > > Ancient humans enemy were the flood and forerunners.So it’s not necessarily mendicant bias.Shouldn’t the halo ring they’re on be installation 04c aka installation 09 from halo wars 2?
> >
> > My basis is that this message is likely to be written at the time that the forerunners were using humans to find an immunity to the flood infection, only to discover that the flood was choosing not to infect humanity. So at this time the Mendicant Bias would appear as the enemy. Not disclosing either it could still be the flood, remember this just a theory. Btw its has to be installation 07 based off the Morse Code translation: SOS Zeta Halo GRD which is a direct reference to Installation 07.
>
> What’s the point of having a halo in hw2 then if they’re not gonna do anything with it?

No one said they weren’t doing anything with it; but that doesn’t mean Halo Infinite needs to be set on it.