The MCC is an awesome game!

While the MCC might forever live in infamy, I feel as If the intentions behind what could have been a gaming masterpiece were noble and good-hearted. While the game was poorly rushed and was, at launch, broken, it was very smart of 343 to produce this game. So often you see beaten to death threads about “halo (1-3) was da best new hal0 sux, fix it 343” and 343 gave the fans what they wanted, a way for fans to play the original halo 1 , classic and a stunning reimagining of halo2, and the.epic trilogy ender of halo 3. And halo 4. Plus ( somewhat ) functional multiplayer for all 4 games. I know this thread may never be seen, but please, open your eyes. The MCC is, in principal, and now that it’s fixed, a great game.

I would of agreed with you 2 or 3 days ago but I have had so many problems in the past few day with this that if I have one more problem with it I may never play this game again.

> 2533274975441338;1:
> While the MCC might forever live in infamy, I feel as If the intentions behind what could have been a gaming masterpiece were noble and good-hearted. While the game was poorly rushed and was, at launch, broken, it was very smart of 343 to produce this game. So often you see beaten to death threads about “halo (1-3) was da best new hal0 sux, fix it 343” and 343 gave the fans what they wanted, a way for fans to play the original halo 1 , classic and a stunning reimagining of halo2, and the.epic trilogy ender of halo 3. And halo 4. Plus ( somewhat ) functional multiplayer for all 4 games. I know this thread may never be seen, but please, open your eyes. The MCC is, in principal, and now that it’s fixed, a great game.

Your kidding right? Playlists restarting by themselves sometimes over a dozen levels ago, achievements not unlocking when they should,mic’s not working during games, not hearing certain people or them not hearing anyone unless there in party chat, medal progression achievements reset by themselves, double screens, terrible network code that takes forever to find a last person when it finds everyone else quickly, downloading latest matchmaking data, cross game playlists where Halo CE and Halo 2 never win, hit registration in Halo CE is off at times, Halo 2 anniversary lags sometimes on both teams cussing disconnects, the Halo 3 version is the version from launch not the full patched version and having to lead your shots twice as fast. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. Look up Halo CE bugs MCC on Google you’ll find over 100 that still aren’t fixed.

It just needs bug fixes and glitches fixed. And MP that can find people and matches quickly.

I wish I shared the same optimism on the subject, OP. All I think about when the MCC comes to mind is the fact that it is near impossible for me play a game of HCE or H2 big team battle.

> 2533274814671423;5:
> I wish I shared the same optimism on the subject, OP. All I think about when the MCC comes to mind is the fact that it is near impossible for me play a game of HCE or H2 big team battle.

True.

Either that, or it’s the same 2-3 maps over and over again.

All my Halo buddies and I bought Xbox Ones to be able to play TMCC. It was so broken that we all switched to Destiny because Bungie made it. We all got hooked and never went back to Halo. Had TMCC never been made we all would’ve stuck with our 360s and kept playing H4 and Reach. I can only speak for myself but TMCC pushed me and my group of friends away from Halo. And H5 only made it worse.

> 2533274792068284;7:
> All my Halo buddies and I bought Xbox Ones to be able to play TMCC. It was so broken that we all switched to Destiny because Bungie made it. We all got hooked and never went back to Halo. Had TMCC never been made we all would’ve stuck with our 360s and kept playing H4 and Reach. I can only speak for myself but TMCC pushed me and my group of friends away from Halo. And H5 only made it worse.

TLDR: Don’t give up on MCC man, it’s actually working well(ish) outside needing some little non-game altering bugs fixed & playlist updates. Truly having a blast, finally! This will be fun for years to come.
I had a similar experience.

When 343 announced the MCC at E3, officially, for the first time, it was the most ‘excited at one point in time’ I have ever been.

I actually took a day off work (never do that) for E3 b/c I wanted to see if the rumors were true and be able to fully react, perhaps with a couple drinks in me (:

The timing was perfect, I finally got my H4 achievements unlocked (broken for nearly a full year), which meant that I was officially 100% finished with all Halo achievements on all platforms (yes, I have a windows phone on Wifi just to get those too). Summary: I have a problem… lol (ZERO achievement hunting in gaming lifetime on any games outside Halo, never even look at them).

When it came out busted and I was more or less unable to play, I was heartbroken. I had played Destiny (correct me if I’m wrong, but I think it came out September, so before MCC) and it didn’t last long, missed the core competition / depth of Halo. Once MCC broke my heart for a couple months, I got back into Destiny (bought a ps4 to play it with friends) and never looked back for almost a year.

Destiny faded, as did gaming.

Just the last few months, I’ve gotten REALLY back into MCC. So far, the game is working pretty well in MM and campaigns. It took awhile to mend my heart… But I’m back in. It’s truly the best game I’ve ever played (considering any 1 of the 4 games are top 20 on their own). The 60 fps is huge and I’m in love.

TLDR: Don’t give up on MCC man, it’s actually working well(ish) outside needing some little non-game altering bugs fixed & playlist updates. Truly having a blast, finally! This will be fun for years to come.

The only time I ever enjoyed TMCC is when we had the 4v4 CE playlist.

Cross game playlists lead to way too much quitting to make this game enjoyable.

> 2533274975441338;1:
> While the MCC might forever live in infamy, I feel as If the intentions behind what could have been a gaming masterpiece were noble and good-hearted. While the game was poorly rushed and was, at launch, broken, it was very smart of 343 to produce this game. So often you see beaten to death threads about “halo (1-3) was da best new hal0 sux, fix it 343” and 343 gave the fans what they wanted, a way for fans to play the original halo 1 , classic and a stunning reimagining of halo2, and the.epic trilogy ender of halo 3. And halo 4. Plus ( somewhat ) functional multiplayer for all 4 games. I know this thread may never be seen, but please, open your eyes. The MCC is, in principal, and now that it’s fixed, a great game.

Firstly, it was the idea of The Master Chief Collection that was “an awesome game.” The actual product that was offered was (and still is) a disaster.

Secondly, the original Bungie-made Halo games are often held up as great games because, for all their changes, they maintained the core gameplay that defined the original Halo: Combat Evolved. 343i drastically changed, or threw away, many of the elements and features that previous games had, in favor of copying what every other popular FPS has done in recent years.

Lastly, 343i did not give players what they wanted with The Master Chief Collection, or even what they initially promised. They cut corners, outsourced the work, and then acted surprised when they ended up with botched game. They didn’t have to create a new engine, or write a new story, or build any new environments or character models, all they had to do was create a UI for a compilation game, and update some graphics and netcode. Unfortunately, they couldn’t even get that right.

The Master Chief Collection is still not fixed, nor finished, and is far from a great game.

> 2533274865178253;10:
> > 2533274975441338;1:
> > While the MCC might forever live in infamy, I feel as If the intentions behind what could have been a gaming masterpiece were noble and good-hearted. While the game was poorly rushed and was, at launch, broken, it was very smart of 343 to produce this game. So often you see beaten to death threads about “halo (1-3) was da best new hal0 sux, fix it 343” and 343 gave the fans what they wanted, a way for fans to play the original halo 1 , classic and a stunning reimagining of halo2, and the.epic trilogy ender of halo 3. And halo 4. Plus ( somewhat ) functional multiplayer for all 4 games. I know this thread may never be seen, but please, open your eyes. The MCC is, in principal, and now that it’s fixed, a great game.
>
>
> Firstly, it was the idea of The Master Chief Collection that was “an awesome game.” The actual product that was offered was (and still is) a disaster.
>
> Secondly, the original Bungie-made Halo games are often held up as great games because, for all their changes, they maintained the core gameplay that defined the original Halo: Combat Evolved. 343i drastically changed, or threw away, many of the elements and features that previous games had, in favor of copying what every other popular FPS has done in recent years.
>
> Lastly, 343i did not give players what they wanted with The Master Chief Collection, or even what they initially promised. They cut corners, outsourced the work, and then acted surprised when they ended up with botched game. They didn’t have to create a new engine, or write a new story, or build any new environments or character models, all they had to do was create a UI for a compilation game, and update some graphics and netcode. Unfortunately, they couldn’t even get that right.
>
> The Master Chief Collection is still not fixed, nor finished, and is far from a great game.

This.

They should have only release Halo 2. Upgrate graphics for multiplayer… but keeping it the same and nothing else…

Why make the h2a multiplayer and split the population even MORE… I wonder if they really didnt see this disaster coming…

Crossgame playlist ? really ? the worst idea ever… EVER!

I dont know how people still defend 343i… its really really sad…

I just cant avoid thinking that they did this on purpose… they just wanted us to buy the xbox one and that is why they lied with h2c coming back. They somehow knew that no matter how good h5 was, people wouldnt move from h2c again…

This is why Halo MCC was my last Halo game. I didnt pay for Halo 5, somehow I have a copy now… but I didnt pay for it… I dont pay for gold anymore, it also got more expensive, almost 100% more… Do they want us to stop playing ? maybe we just complain a lot.
I would have prefer TCC was never released… Halo 2 classic memories were great, good times indeed.

Man i never said it worked. I said the idea was good. But it’s mostly fine now too, but I Know that it working is so different for many people

also it obvious this was rushed by Microsoft

> 2533274975441338;12:
> Man i never said it worked. I said the idea was good. But it’s mostly fine now too, but I Know that it working is so different for many people
>
> also it obvious this was rushed by Microsoft

There are lots of good ideas when it comes to games, lots of good concepts, but they don’t mean anything if they aren’t brought to fruition.

We can call the concept of the Master Chief Collection a good idea all day long, but that doesn’t change the fact that 343i failed to produce it in a competent manor.

Sorry to be the voice of harsh reality, but the hypothetical “great game” that you’re referring to does not exist.

i was so hyped for the mcc i counted down the days from e3 to launch, its heartbreaking that the launch was bad but i also still play it, it would be amazing if more people played it

Im currently enjoying mcc and hope 343 makes halo 3 anniversary.

You’re kidding right? Not with 343 pretending to be dead in this game but alive in Halo 5.

> 2533274865178253;13:
> > 2533274975441338;12:
> > Man i never said it worked. I said the idea was good. But it’s mostly fine now too, but I Know that it working is so different for many people
> >
> > also it obvious this was rushed by Microsoft
>
>
> There are lots of good ideas when it comes to games, lots of good concepts, but they don’t mean anything if they aren’t brought to fruition.
>
> We can call the concept of the Master Chief Collection a good idea all day long, but that doesn’t change the fact that 343i failed to produce it in a competent manor.
>
> Sorry to be the voice of harsh reality, but the hypothetical “great game” that you’re referring to does not exist.

Even worse that they tried and mucked it up. If the game didn’t already exist, there would be a chance of us getting the wonderful concept game in full working, full glory condition. The fact it is already out and is far short of the wonderful concept and that 343i have already given up on it. Means that this concept has no chance of being made.

> 2547348539238747;17:
> > 2533274865178253;13:
> > > 2533274975441338;12:
> > > Man i never said it worked. I said the idea was good. But it’s mostly fine now too, but I Know that it working is so different for many people
> > >
> > > also it obvious this was rushed by Microsoft
> >
> >
> > There are lots of good ideas when it comes to games, lots of good concepts, but they don’t mean anything if they aren’t brought to fruition.
> >
> > We can call the concept of the Master Chief Collection a good idea all day long, but that doesn’t change the fact that 343i failed to produce it in a competent manor.
> >
> > Sorry to be the voice of harsh reality, but the hypothetical “great game” that you’re referring to does not exist.
>
>
> Even worse that they tried and mucked it up. If the game didn’t already exist, there would be a chance of us getting the wonderful concept game in full working, full glory condition. The fact it is already out and is far short of the wonderful concept and that 343i have already given up on it. Means that this concept has no chance of being made.

There could be a chance, if 343i really wanted it. I don’t think this would ever happen, but I think if they announced that there would be some kind of huge update coming to MCC full of fixes as some kind of MCC 1.5, it could have a very positive impact on the game’s playerbase both current and in bringing in new/returning MCC players.

Of course, such a thing as a second first impression is very rare and likely most people who have given up on MCC have simply given up on it. But I really believe if 343i came out with a fresh, giant support of MCC and got people talking about it again, such an effort on their part would not go unnoticed. So many people still have so much love and nostalgia for these games, I’m sure many would adore a reason to come back to MCC or a reason to feel good about buying it.

And of course, if they did something like adding Reach along with this theoretical huge update, that would help a lot as well.

MCC isn’t beyond saving. It’s just up to 343i.

> 2533274884722193;18:
> > 2547348539238747;17:
> > > 2533274865178253;13:
> > > > 2533274975441338;12:
> > > > Man i never said it worked. I said the idea was good. But it’s mostly fine now too, but I Know that it working is so different for many people
> > > >
> > > > also it obvious this was rushed by Microsoft
> > >
> > >
> > > There are lots of good ideas when it comes to games, lots of good concepts, but they don’t mean anything if they aren’t brought to fruition.
> > >
> > > We can call the concept of the Master Chief Collection a good idea all day long, but that doesn’t change the fact that 343i failed to produce it in a competent manor.
> > >
> > > Sorry to be the voice of harsh reality, but the hypothetical “great game” that you’re referring to does not exist.
> >
> >
> > Even worse that they tried and mucked it up. If the game didn’t already exist, there would be a chance of us getting the wonderful concept game in full working, full glory condition. The fact it is already out and is far short of the wonderful concept and that 343i have already given up on it. Means that this concept has no chance of being made.
>
>
> There could be a chance, if 343i really wanted it. I don’t think this would ever happen, but I think if they announced that there would be some kind of huge update coming to MCC full of fixes as some kind of MCC 1.5, it could have a very positive impact on the game’s playerbase both current and in bringing in new/returning MCC players.
>
> Of course, such a thing as a second first impression is very rare and likely most people who have given up on MCC have simply given up on it. But I really believe if 343i came out with a fresh, giant support of MCC and got people talking about it again, such an effort on their part would not go unnoticed. So many people still have so much love and nostalgia for these games, I’m sure many would adore a reason to come back to MCC or a reason to feel good about buying it.
>
> And of course, if they did something like adding Reach along with this theoretical huge update, that would help a lot as well.
>
> MCC isn’t beyond saving. It’s just up to 343i.

Again though, that would require both a commitment to fixing the game and showing it the love the game deserved, and admitting they left it broken to begin with. Even if they did fix it, you’d have an issue with many players not believing them or already moved on to other game after 343i mercilessly killed enthusiasm players had about this game. Then you would have to put yourself in 343i’s shoes and ask the question they would be asking themselves, which is “how would this help us?” if they cared about their image, or the strength of the Halo brand they would be doing a lot of things different. Their actions and direction with the franchise shows the only motivation they have with their games and the Halo brand is to make money. A fixed MCC would not return significantly more money than an MCC that has been broken since launched, but lied about and defended by 343i and their fans.

343i does have the chance to make MCC be the greatest Halo experience we’ve ever known, but they won’t. They ignored us, and all the ideas to fix it. They’ve ignored all the calls to fix it. They present to us and the wider community that MCC is a game, that launched, had problems, was fixed and now has had its day in the sun.

I don’t believe that supporting the MCC is what is best for the fans (though I will continue to play it over Halo 5). I believe that a complete re-launch of the games, as separate releases, with their own playlists and and full working order is both the best outcome for the fans’ Halo experience and a more likely event. From Reach - 3, all the games have a ‘less than they were’ experience on the xbox one. Reach through emulation problems and CE - 3 through UI, game design, missing features and being lumped in with 4 other experiences. Seeing all the games ported, with love and care would bring both a better experience and more money for 343i.

I do agree with this. The MCC was a great idea, and it is still fun to hop on and play a little Action Sack, Infection and the stories once in a while. It’s nice to have that option to go back and enjoy something we all grew up with and to have it re-imaged to look even better then it did. I am grateful that 343i released this, and will always enjoy it from time to time!