The matchmaking system needs to be fixed ASAP

Last night I played a couple of games. First I looked for a CTF match and was placed into a game with 4 minutes left on the clock, and the enemy team had 3 flag captures to my teams 0; I was literally put into an unwinnable situation. Next, I was put into an Oddball game where the enemy team was winning 100+ points to zero. My team managed to mount a small comeback, but in the end the massive lead proved to be insurmountable. And for my 3rd match, i got to see the other side of the coin, as i was placed into the middle of a Big Team Slayer game where my team was winning 800 to 200. Yes, I won, but it was a hollow victory.

Before anyone claims that its a rarity to be put in these situations, let me just say it is NOT. I’ve played this game every day since launch, and every 2nd or 3rd game I’ve been put in the middle of a game in progress that’s already in an unwinnable state for one team.

And sadly, this aspect of joining games in progress isn’t the worst part of the match making system. The worst part is the system will now willingly start games with uneven teams. Ive seen it so many times now: I’m searching for a game, the system has found 7/8 players, and instead of waiting for the 8th player, or (like the past Halo’s) removing one of the players and making it a 3v3, the system willingly starts a 4v3 game. Yes, the system may add an 8th player to the game once the match is underway, but in my experience it seems more than likely that the game will be all but over once the new player is finally added.

With Halo 4, 343i took some great steps forward from Halo: Reach, but this newly designed match making system is one giant step backwards, and I feel it needs to be looked into ASAP. I rather stay on the “searching for players” screen for an additional 5 (or more) minutes to find an 8th player to even out the teams rather that start an uneven match. If the system manages to find an even match, but a player quits during map select because he does not like the map that was chosen, the game should find a replacement BEFORE the game launches. Starting games on even terms should the the systems main goal.

If u join a game in progress just deal with it…stay in the game party after and u will then star a brand new game…easy solution.

> If u join a game in progress just deal with it…stay in the game party after and u will then star a brand new game…easy solution.

Players should not have to deal with being put in unwinnable situations. Whether or not I choose to stay in the game party once the game is complete is irrelevant. If I want to change play lists, or play with different people, I should not be punished by being put in an unwinnable game. And either way, your logic is deeply flawed: many of the times where I stay in the party after a game has completed, one of the other people leave, and the system will start the next game with uneven teams.

If your definition of “being punished” is being placed in an almost ended Halo game than you are just a whiny ingrate that will never be happy in life…sorry man

> > If u join a game in progress just deal with it…stay in the game party after and u will then star a brand new game…easy solution.
>
> Players should not have to deal with being put in unwinnable situations. Whether or not I choose to stay in the game party once the game is complete is irrelevant. If I want to change play lists, or play with different people, I should not be punished by being put in an unwinnable game. And either way, your logic is deeply flawed: many of the times where I stay in the party after a game has completed, one of the other people leave, and the system will start the next game with uneven teams.

The amount of whining on these forums is amazing. Ok, so you got dropped into a game that you had no chance of winning. What’s your point? You’re whining about something so trivial that it doesn’t even matter. So you lost…and? Are you that much of a stat -Yoink!- that dropping into a game, on the losing team, that’s pretty much over makes you that angry?

There’s this thing called having fun and enjoying the game. You should try it sometime.

I know I’m just another one of the many people who is sick of the join in system and I’m probably spitting in the ocean with this post, but I felt compelled to voice my opinion as I paid alot of money for this game specifically for matchmaking and it doesn’t work properly, I feel slightly ripped off. Before people start with the whole “just deal with it” and “its better than being a team mate down” that’s not my issue, being punished for other people quitting by dumping me into games which are impossible to win doesn’t bother me too much, my problem is that It seems like I constantly get put into losing games, but whenever I’m a team mate down very often no one else joins to fill the gap!

I can’t count how many times I’ve started a 3v4 or a 2v4 and had it stay that way for the entire game, all it does is encourage quitting, it doesn’t prevent it. It’s a flawed system in so many ways and it’s preventing me from having fun in matchmaking. I love pretty much everything else about the game and I know there are people who enjoy the JiP system, but me and many, many other people hate it, so if there’s any chance atall that anyone from 343 will see this post, PLEASE for the love of Christ, atleast give us the option to turn it off.

The thing is we were told the game was designed to be intelligent and not put you in games which were nearly over.

I was out in a regicide match yesterday where the king was on 285…

I wasn’t bothered tbh but if CSR was in place I would be as I came last.

Just wish we were told the truth …also the transition between games isn’t very smooth and more often than not your just researching and put into another game in progress . The cod lobby system is much better in that regard