The Marauder in Halo?

So after the campaign overview we’ve seen that there’s a “Spartan hunter” in the game the seems to have a red energy sword and (possibly) a shield.

Is everyone thinking that this is just a random “one and done” boss fight or will this be like the ‘Marauder’ from Doom Eternal where he’s a constantly recurring extremely tough enemy with a fast moveset.

I would absolutely love it if he was recurring. They seem to have taken a lot of inspiration from doom eternal (upgrading the suit, Double dash, the grappleshot electricuting enemies like the meathook lights them on fire), and rightly so - doom eternal is a great game and a lot of what makes it fun can easily be molded to fit Halo. So I wouldn’t rule it out!

Though my money would be on him being a one and done character, and 343 introducing him as a recurring enemy time in future expansions (ie after his death, more banished elites were inspired to undergo more rigorous training and modifications to take up his mantle)

I hope he’s not one and done. And I hope he isn’t a run straight at you Zealot.

The more stuff from Doom Eternal is in Halo Infinite, the better it will become, says Samuel Hayden.

I thought the marauder you were talking about was the halo wars 2 banished vehicle. Then I read the post and it was about the doom marauder.

I think the elite spartan hunter will be a one and done boss fight. However I would love to see the halo wars 2 marauder in infinite.

I’m sure I read somewhere that he stalks master chief through the campaign (jega rdomnai is his name), I doubt it’s a one off fight, the dude is awesome, the red energy sword was just so sick :slight_smile:

I would love for Jega to stalk you throughout the game. Appearing every now and then to challenge you in more and more difficult encounters, where he uses different tactics and weapons to try to kill you. It wouldn’t be too hard to create a way for him to survive each encounter either. From entering a cutscene when his health is low where your battle is interrupted in some way, to simply having him “despawn” via cloaking and then taunt you while he “escapes”.

It would be crazy if we find out he killed a Spartan we know, or even the rest of Blue Team, and to say something along the lines of “Your reputation holds true, Demon! This hunt will bring great honor. Far more than that coward, Frederick. I look forward to our next encounter.” Or during the Battle, saying something like “104… 058… 087… Now, 117. Your armor will join theirs in my hall of trophies.”

I´ll run, just like a did back then when I played resident evil nemesis.

So instead of being ‘The’ spartan killer its instead a faction of elites called Spartan hunters?

> 2535441918993765;1:
> So after the campaign overview we’ve seen that there’s a “Spartan hunter” in the game the seems to have a red energy sword and (possibly) a shield.
>
> Is everyone thinking that this is just a random “one and done” boss fight or will this be like the ‘Marauder’ from Doom Eternal where he’s a constantly recurring extremely tough enemy with a fast moveset.

I hope that he’s a recurring enemy…maybe even an enemy who is encountered when you either haven’t done enough work to unlock side-content or story content at specific points in the game. Go right for a story objective without softening up the map first? Say hello to Mr. Marauder…start looking to unlock the map without going through the story missions…the Marauder starts hunting you across the map and impedes your progress.

The Marauder goes away whenever close to being defeated (maybe there’s a random timer associated with his return) and can only be defeated once a certain point is reached in the story, or certain objectives are reached on the overworld map.

Either way, I could see the Marauder acting similarly to the Nemesis system in Shadow of War…the more you defeat him, the more powerful or adapted he becomes. Maybe the Marrauder is one of many such characters…Spartan killers rewarded by the Banished with specialized equipment for their victories. It would be a really nice touch…although may be hard to implement unless there’s some kind of in-story respawn feature where MC’s armor is installed with an emergency system that beam him back to the nearest spawn point if near death. Nothing we’ve seen so far indicated any of this to be part of the gameplay…so unless it’s some kind of a hidden feature; I doubt it’s happening. I feel like it would also reduce MC’s status as an one-man army capable of doing the impossible. If he can’t die…then it’s just not the same IMO.

But like anything else in this or any other game…if it’s implemented properly; it can work out a lot better (or a lot worse) than it looks from a purely speculative standpoint.

> 2544667825176774;2:
> I would absolutely love it if he was recurring. They seem to have taken a lot of inspiration from doom eternal (upgrading the suit, Double dash, the grappleshot electricuting enemies like the meathook lights them on fire), and rightly so - doom eternal is a great game and a lot of what makes it fun can easily be molded to fit Halo. So I wouldn’t rule it out!
>
> Though my money would be on him being a one and done character, and 343 introducing him as a recurring enemy time in future expansions (ie after his death, more banished elites were inspired to undergo more rigorous training and modifications to take up his mantle)

Agreed. If he’s one and done in the base game there MIGHT be an expansion that makes him a recurring enemy.

> 2533274979963735;3:
> I hope he’s not one and done. And I hope he isn’t a run straight at you Zealot.

Yes!
I REALLY hope he has a unique moveset from other Elites and is not just another “I have an energy sword, so I’ll charge straight towards you” enemy.

Everybody getting hot and bothered by that -Yoink!- black and red elite, I think arbiter has competition in our hearts and minds now lol

It is difficult to predict such things, they could just make it so once you lower his health enough he becomes invincible then you fight him again later on, considering that this Elite is called “the spartan killer” it doesn’t seem farfetched that they would be willing to do such a thing.

> 2535441052281740;6:
> I’m sure I read somewhere that he stalks master chief through the campaign (jega rdomnai is his name), I doubt it’s a one off fight, the dude is awesome, the red energy sword was just so sick :slight_smile:

I seriously hope that’s true. His design is just too good for us to only see him like one or two times max in the campaign.

> 2533274921115718;8:
> I´ll run, just like a did back then when I played resident evil nemesis.

“Finally, a worthy opponent. Our battle will be… where are you going?!”

> 2533274845983347;13:
> Everybody getting hot and bothered by that -Yoink!- black and red elite, I think arbiter has competition in our hearts and minds now lol
>
> It is difficult to predict such things, they could just make it so once you lower his health enough he becomes invincible then you fight him again later on, considering that this Elite is called “the spartan killer” it doesn’t seem farfetched that they would be willing to do such a thing.

Now, Arbiter is still my number one big alien lizard.

But that’s very true. It’s not a huge stretch to think that they’d use him as a recurring villain. We’ll just have to wait and see.