The maps look absolutely disgusting.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

I mean that in the most literal sense of the word. I can not even comprehend how they can say “they’re purpose built, with competitive in mind.” One look at “Warhouse” and I looks like Halo 4 is going to have garbage maps like Reach.

What is with the over complication of the geometry? What happened to a wall or floor or doorway being a smooth surface?

Why are they creating maps based on a theme or specific place and then making it super realistic? Look at any map in Halo 1 or 2 and ignore the description. There isn’t a single map that you would know what it is. Now they make “Warhouse” and even if you never played videogames you could tell it was a place to manufacture whatever it is they are making. That means tons of useless and unimportant to gameplay geometry/clutter just to go with the theme.

The maps are half of multiplayer, and from the glimpse we got they look dismal.

So far 343 has not convinced me to buy the game.

>

I am now making a list of people who are too unimaginative to realize that you can tell a LOT about a map from six screenshots, especially when you have played similarly styled maps in previous Halo’s. If you are on this list, try thinking from a different perspective instead of making useless comments.(which were all exactly the same, using the same stupid logic)

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Warhouse does but Wraparound reminds me of Narrows, I liked Narrows.

They aren’t finished yet.

OK then we will just have a big empty plain room!

I did get a sort of depressing feeling looking at that map. Honestly, after Reach, I just hope we have some brighter maps than that…

You’re kidding right?

Ya warehouse reminds me of orbital(shudders), but the other one looks good.

Tell you what, design a map, create the maps, code it and once it’s finished send it to 343 to put in Halo 4.

Oh wait, you can’t.

People never fail to surprise me with how unreasonable they are.

> Warhouse does but Wraparound reminds me of Narrows, I liked Narrows.

Yeah, the “theme” of a forerunner map allows for smoother surfaces and simpler geometry. I just hope to God there are a lot of them since it is a major theme of the game. I just can’t understand where the development focus shifted from arena style maps to realistic ones. It doesn’t work for Halo.

OP, it’s because the days of substance >>> style are pretty much done.

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Then don’t buy it. We don’t need the kind of uptight -Yoink!- that would write off an entire game just because one map you got a split second preview of wasn’t exactly to your specifications.

Grow up.

> I did get a sort of depressing feeling looking at that map. Honestly, after Reach, I just hope we have some brighter maps than that…

Is this bright enough for you?

> Tell you what, design a map, create the maps, code it and once it’s finished send it to 343 to put in Halo 4.
>
> Oh wait, you can’t.

Don’t use that lazy -Yoink- reply. That poor use of logic has no place here.

Hey, guys.
I have an absolutely awesome idea: let’s judge how the MP maps play out BASED ON A COUPLE OF -Yoinking!- SECONDS OF VIDEO FOOTAGE FROM AN OVERVIEW ANGLE.

/HEAVY SARCASM

> OK then we will just have a big empty plain room!

Would you call any of the maps in Halo 1 or 2 “plain?” Of course not, but they didn’t have ridiculously complex geometry or massive amounts of clutter.

Over complication via overly detailed geometry can be quite worry some. Finding weapons on Reach maps is like looking for thin tiny sticks in a haystack sometimes and I had to use both forge and theatre mode to find out where the power weapons were on the larger maps (infact just the other day I stumbled upon the plasma launcher in BTB Boneyard. Still not exactly sure where the gravity hammer is on Breakpoint, just that hammer users tend to be around the central mountain pass).

I’m surprised OP didn’t complain about all that grey. One of the most frequent complaints I’ve seen (and have myself) with Reach’s forge is that there is just too much grey. And despite the game still being a work in progress, they show off two incredibly grey maps.

> Then don’t buy it. We don’t need the kind of uptight -Yoink!- that would write off an entire game just because one map you got a split second preview of wasn’t exactly to your specifications.
>
>
> Grow up.

But it’s ok to have people say 343 is the greatest developer of all time because of one preview?

> OP, it’s because the days of substance >>> style are pretty much done.

Sadly. I just don’t get it.

I agree. Warhouse looked bad, Wraparound with its simple aesthetics looked quite promising though. But yea, looked like there were too many outcroppings you and your projectiles could get stuck on on Warhouse. Not to mention it looks like that map CA made for Reach. It was on a half destroyed station, had a zero-G area and a cool vehicle as a sorta centrepiece… what was it called? Hell, it sounds like I’m describing Warhouse -_-