The many flaws of Halo 4... :(

Alright so, before I compile my list, I’d like to start off by sating that I’ve been a Halo veteran ever since 2002. I’ve put countless hours of play-time into every past Halo game, even Halo Wars. So this is all coming from a big time Halo fanboy.

Halo 4 has become dull and forgettable to me. It doesn’t have that replay-ability that the past Halo games had. It doesn’t feel like a Halo game. This upsets me a-lot, because I wanted to like this game. I wanted 343i to succeed, because I love Halo.

I decided to compile a list of problems this game has. I suspect that some of these have been pointed out in the past, but I don’t care. The more you yell the more likely you are to get someone’s attention, that someone being 343i. So here it is:

Unwanted Changes:

-Weapon/Vehicle Sounds
Why fundamentally change the familiar sounds of the vehicles, like the Warthog and Ghost just to name a few? Or of the weapons, like the Battle Rifle and Sniper Rifle just to name a few?
-The Design of some of the Weapons/Vehicles
H2-H3 BR/H4 BR, H2-H3 Beam Rifle/H4 Beam Rifle, etcetera.
-Jackels*
Seriously…
The Stuff That Was Taken Away:
<em>-Weapons**</em>
Where’s my Plasma Rifle, Grenade Launcher, and Plasma Launcher? When you replace weapons, keep the weapons that were replaced in Forge.
<em><strong>-Vehicles**</strong></em>
<em>Where did the Falcon go? What about the Hornet? Or the Revenant? OR MY CHOPPER AND SPECTRE?! I know some of these have been absent for a while, but there’s no harm in bringing them back in Forge.</em>
<em><strong><strong>-Gamemodes**</strong></strong></em>
<em><strong>There was NO reason to remove gamemodes like Race, V.I.P, Invasion, or Juggernaut.</strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong>-Customization Options**</strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong>You guys know what I’m talking about. Gamemode customization has taken a giant leap down from Halo: Reach, making Custom Games not nearly as fun.</strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong>-Infection*</strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong>WHY take away Infection?! Flood is no where near as customizable as Infection. The Zombies can’t even pick up weapons!</strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em>-Firefight</em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong>I don’t really understand why Firefight was taken away. What harm is there in keeping it?</strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em>-Halo Music*</em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong>The new music in Halo 4 is not Halo music. It doesn’t resemble Halo music or Halo in general.</strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em>-Flashlight*</em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em>-_-</em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em>Spartan Ops:</em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em>-Recycled Maps*</em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em>I don’t know who the genius was that thought playing on the same maps over and over again was a good idea for a new gamemode that had a-lot of potential.</em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em>-Spartan IV’s*</em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em>They don’t act like how Spartans should act. They act more like immature teenagers.</em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em>-Palmer*</em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em>-________________-</em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em>Multiplayer:</em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em>-Lack of Classic Slayer*</em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em>I welcome the new changes that came with Infinity Slayer, but for those who prefer a more Halo-like experience like myself, please include a Classic Playlist.</em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>-Fully Customizable Loadouts/Random Weapon Spawns*</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em>This just doesn’t work in a Halo game. Halo has always been about having everyone start off with the same weapon and racing to the weapon spawns to get the power weapons. Having Fully Customizable Loadouts and Random Weapon Spawns takes a huge competitive element out of the game.</em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>-The DMR*</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>This should either be nerfed or labeled a power weapon.</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>-Lack of Symmetric Maps*</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>All past Halo games have had multiple famous symmetric maps. Symmetric maps are what Halo’s been all about. Asymmetric maps were and are never as good.</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>-Base Weapons destroying Vehicles*</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>I’ve actually been complaining about this since Halo: Reach. Weapons like the DMR, BR, Sniper Rifle, and Magnum should not be able to destroy Warthogs, Banshees, and Tanks. That’s what power weapons like the Rocket Launcher, Spartan Laser, and Fuel Rod were created for.</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>
<em><strong><strong><strong><strong><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em><em>All of the problems I’ve listed are flaws that take the ‘Halo feel’ out of Halo 4. Changing stuff that no one asked for wasn’t a really smart thing to do. Randomly and inexcusably taking things/features out of the game is certainly not the best way to gain all the Halo fans’ trust. I hope enough people have pointed some these problems out and that 343i will fix them in Halo 5/6.</em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></em></strong></strong></strong></strong></em>