The Mantis looks weak.

I mean yes it deals a great deal of damage, but i mean look at it. It looks so fragile. My guess is that it does not have lots of HP. Maybe a bit more than the warthog.

It takes two Spartan Laser shots to kill if that means anything.

Looks can be deceiving, it can survive at least 1 Spartan Laser shot so it’s clearly not “weak”.

Weak? don’t make me laugh dud

> Weak? don’t make me laugh dud

He’s a dud? Well, I guess he is, since he hasn’t exploded yet, but, I don’t wanna get near him, because he may :confused: ya know, safety and -Yoink-

Well that’s a first

All I’ve seen have been “It’s op” threads

> Looks can be deceiving, it can survive at least 1 Spartan Laser shot so it’s clearly not “weak”.

Wow that is news to me. I believe you but can I get a link so I can go over it for myself.

please tell me you are joking… it took 2 spartan laser shots to kill this beast

> > Looks can be deceiving, it can survive at least 1 Spartan Laser shot so it’s clearly not “weak”.
>
> Wow that is news to me. I believe you but can I get a link so I can go over it for myself.

School internet is slow but I think its at the beginning of this video:

http://youtu.be/C2T0ElMXNRk

EDIT:

Its 10 secs into the video.

> > > Looks can be deceiving, it can survive at least 1 Spartan Laser shot so it’s clearly not “weak”.
> >
> > Wow that is news to me. I believe you but can I get a link so I can go over it for myself.
>
> School internet is slow but I think its at the beginning of this video:
>
> http://youtu.be/C2T0ElMXNRk

thank you

Bipedal vehicles aren’t always very stable. Not to mention such a high center of gravity. Without gyroscopic stabilization, they can be prone to tipping. And mechanisms that complex have much more moving parts, making them reliability nightmares which require frequent preventative maintenance. Besides, I bet a tribe of Ewoks could take one down.

LOOK HARDER!

> I mean yes it deals a great deal of damage, but i mean look at it. It looks so fragile. My guess is that it does not have lots of HP. Maybe a bit more than the warthog.

Correction: One spartan shot may in most cases well kill it, even in Reach if you hit something like a Warthog with the Splaser, it survived, when it should’ve been a one shot.

Thing is also that the Mantis’ shields were completely drained from being previously Full and the vehicle undamaged - the shot was also frontal - and the Mantis was damaged after that initial splaser shot, if you’d throw a frag or something at it, and it´ll blow up. You don’t need to shoot it with a Splaser twice.

> > I mean yes it deals a great deal of damage, but i mean look at it. It looks so fragile. My guess is that it does not have lots of HP. Maybe a bit more than the warthog.
>
> Correction: One spartan shot may in most cases well kill it, even in Reach if you hit something like a Warthog with the Splaser, it survived, when it should’ve been a one shot.
>
> Thing is also that the Mantis’ shields were completely drained from being previously Full and the vehicle undamaged - the shot was also frontal - and the Mantis was damaged after that initial splaser shot, if you’d throw a frag or something at it, and it´ll blow up. You don’t need to shoot it with a Splaser twice.

I was thinking about this as well. Some teamwork should make it relatively easy to take down. Have someone drain the shields and another person take it out with the laser or vice versa.

> please tell me you are joking… it took 2 spartan laser shots to kill this beast

I disagree, in reach you could only destroy scorpions and wraiths with 1 shot, but you had to hit them in a “sweet spot” otherwise it required 2 spartan laser shots.

If it’s weak, then good.

Id say its balanced.

I believe this screenshot may convince you of just how mighty it really is.

> I mean yes it deals a great deal of damage, but i mean look at it. It looks so fragile. My guess is that it does not have lots of HP. Maybe a bit more than the warthog.

yea your right… too weak instead of being about to destroy all vehicles, taking atleast 2 spartan lasers to kill, and can only be destroyed from its back, it should have unlimited health and be able to spawn skill all enemy players useing eletrice tentacles

takes 2 splaser shots to kill it and it can STOMP warthogs…

weak indeed