The Mammoth - Multiplayer Not Built To Fit It

With most ahemallahem of the Multiplayer maps revealed, excluding of course the final two Forge maps and any DLC maps, it has become evident that the Mammoth is not the final vehicle to be revealed for Halo 4 Multiplayer.

Reasons for this are listed:

1. The Mammoth, already, at minimum, twice the size of the Elephant, is completely oversized in relation to your typical Halo-based corners, roadways, and would present general line-of-sight problems due to its gargantuan size. This was already a thought, considering the turning problems commonly experienced ‘on the fly’ while playing Sandtrap in Halo 3’s Multiplayer.

2. With the maps revealed, it is obvious that roadways are built to house three (or four, if you’re feeling lucky) Warthogs side-by-side, which is the commonplace size for any Halo BTB map, excluding massive maps such as Avalanche and Sandtrap, which don’t have specifically defined roadways anyways, but more so curvatures. Given that the Mammoth was seen to be at least 15 times the size of the Warthog (understatement), the Mammoth would not be able to freely roam on any of the 10 Halo 4 Multiplayer maps currently shown.

Feel free to discuss, or battle this statement. Please keep it clean, however, and have an open mind to others.

EDIT: Incorrect information was posted. Only 9 out of 10 Multiplayer maps have been viewed, and thus one remains to be seen. However, the person who brought this to my attention, Jin Kisaragi, agrees that the final map is most likely going to be a small-scale map, given the number of large-scale maps we currently have. Thank you for correcting me, Jin.

> With most ahemallahem of the Multiplayer maps revealed, excluding of course the final two Forge maps and any DLC maps, it has become evident that the Mammoth is not the final vehicle to be revealed for Halo 4 Multiplayer.
>
>
> Reasons for this are listed:
>
>
> 1. The Mammoth, already, at minimum, twice the size of the Elephant, is completely oversized in relation to your typical Halo-based corners, roadways, and would present general line-of-sight problems due to its gargantuan size. This was already a thought, considering the turning problems commonly experienced ‘on the fly’ while playing Sandtrap in Halo 3’s Multiplayer.
>
> 2. With the maps revealed, it is obvious that roadways are built to house three (or four, if you’re feeling lucky) Warthogs side-by-side, which is the commonplace size for any Halo BTB map, excluding massive maps such as Avalanche and Sandtrap, which don’t have specifically defined roadways anyways, but more so curvatures. Given that the Mammoth was seen to be at least 15 times the size of the Warthog (understatement), the Mammoth would not be able to freely roam on any of the 10 Halo 4 Multiplayer maps currently shown.
>
>
> Feel free to discuss, or battle this statement. Please keep it clean, however, and have an open mind to others.

Isn’t there still one map we haven’t seen?

Pretty sure they still haven’t shown off the 10th map, but I might be wrong.

As for the mammoth, it’s probably not in. It’d require a ton of space as you said, and it seems that it’d just be really impractical to add into MP. Any map that would be able to support would have to be ginormous with lots of flat space, and a map like that would be an absolute bore fest. IMO, of course.

The final vehicle might be timmys wheel chair.

> > With most ahemallahem of the Multiplayer maps revealed, excluding of course the final two Forge maps and any DLC maps, it has become evident that the Mammoth is not the final vehicle to be revealed for Halo 4 Multiplayer.
> >
> >
> > Reasons for this are listed:
> >
> >
> > 1. The Mammoth, already, at minimum, twice the size of the Elephant, is completely oversized in relation to your typical Halo-based corners, roadways, and would present general line-of-sight problems due to its gargantuan size. This was already a thought, considering the turning problems commonly experienced ‘on the fly’ while playing Sandtrap in Halo 3’s Multiplayer.
> >
> > 2. With the maps revealed, it is obvious that roadways are built to house three (or four, if you’re feeling lucky) Warthogs side-by-side, which is the commonplace size for any Halo BTB map, excluding massive maps such as Avalanche and Sandtrap, which don’t have specifically defined roadways anyways, but more so curvatures. Given that the Mammoth was seen to be at least 15 times the size of the Warthog (understatement), the Mammoth would not be able to freely roam on any of the 10 Halo 4 Multiplayer maps currently shown.
> >
> >
> > Feel free to discuss, or battle this statement. Please keep it clean, however, and have an open mind to others.
>
> Isn’t there still one map we haven’t seen?

This topic is considered leaked content still, as it was accidentally released prior to its dated debut. I can, however, point you in the general direction of HaloGAF’s OT10. Be warned, there are spoilers, including in video form

> Pretty sure they still haven’t shown off the 10th map, but I might be wrong.
>
> As for the mammoth, it’s probably not in. It’d require a ton of space as you said, and it seems that it’d just be really impractical to add into MP. Any map that would be able to support would have to be ginormous with lots of flat space, and a map like that would be an absolute bore fest. IMO, of course.

Please see above Spoiler tag, but at own risk of revealing…well…spoilers. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry for the secrecy, just trying to be kind to the Monitors.

When Kiki talks about the Mantis, she clearly says why would they make such a awesome vehicle and leave it out of multiplayer?

Do you think that doesn’t apply to the Mammoth? I don’t think so.

Doesn’t mean it cannot fit on any of the 3 forge environments my friend.

> Doesn’t mean it cannot fit on any of the 3 forge environments my friend.

Please note the beginning statement. I clearly state that this information does not include Forge-based elements, given the final two maps have not been revealed. However, excluding Grifball, we currently have no information pointing towards Forge maps being in Halo 4’s Multiplayer (Not including SpOps, Co-Op Campaign).

However, given the likelihood that 343i would create a vehicle for use in Campaign (not fact, not confirmed), but not build any direct, 343i-created Halo 4 Multiplayer maps which allow for the Mammoth, I think it’s safe to say Forge will not support the Mammoth, either.

> > Doesn’t mean it cannot fit on any of the 3 forge environments my friend.
>
> Please note the beginning statement. I clearly state that this information does not include Forge-based elements, given the final two maps have not been revealed. However, excluding Grifball, we currently have no information pointing towards Forge maps being in Halo 4’s Multiplayer (Not including SpOps, Co-Op Campaign).
>
>
> However, given the likelihood that 343i would create a vehicle for use in Campaign (not fact, not confirmed), but not build any direct, 343i-created Halo 4 Multiplayer maps which allow for the Mammoth, I think it’s safe to say Forge will not support the Mammoth, either.

I never thought i’d get to run around as a Flood or in a Mech, so I wouldn’t doubt a Mammoth being in forge, at LEAST.

Maybe we get some forerunner vehicles, they haven’t showed up everything yet… I hope.

> When Kiki talks about the Mantis, she clearly says why would they make such a awesome vehicle and leave it out of multiplayer?
>
> Do you think that doesn’t apply to the Mammoth? I don’t think so.

Believe me, I agree; I in fact made this same argument when someone recently said that the Mammoth “doesn’t belong in” Halo 4 Multiplayer.

But given a very recent accidental video leak, this statement, I believe, is fact. The Mammoth does not fit with any of the 10 Multiplayer maps currently viewable online. Which, if you refer to the Spoiler Tag Of Kindness, you’ll find out just how many have been shown thus far; leaked or not leaked.

> > > With most ahemallahem of the Multiplayer maps revealed, excluding of course the final two Forge maps and any DLC maps, it has become evident that the Mammoth is not the final vehicle to be revealed for Halo 4 Multiplayer.
> > >
> > >
> > > Reasons for this are listed:
> > >
> > >
> > > 1. The Mammoth, already, at minimum, twice the size of the Elephant, is completely oversized in relation to your typical Halo-based corners, roadways, and would present general line-of-sight problems due to its gargantuan size. This was already a thought, considering the turning problems commonly experienced ‘on the fly’ while playing Sandtrap in Halo 3’s Multiplayer.
> > >
> > > 2. With the maps revealed, it is obvious that roadways are built to house three (or four, if you’re feeling lucky) Warthogs side-by-side, which is the commonplace size for any Halo BTB map, excluding massive maps such as Avalanche and Sandtrap, which don’t have specifically defined roadways anyways, but more so curvatures. Given that the Mammoth was seen to be at least 15 times the size of the Warthog (understatement), the Mammoth would not be able to freely roam on any of the 10 Halo 4 Multiplayer maps currently shown.
> > >
> > >
> > > Feel free to discuss, or battle this statement. Please keep it clean, however, and have an open mind to others.
> >
> > Isn’t there still one map we haven’t seen?
>
> This topic is considered leaked content still, as it was accidentally released prior to its dated debut. I can, however, point you in the general direction of HaloGAF’s OT10. Be warned, there are spoilers, including in video form
>
> > Pretty sure they still haven’t shown off the 10th map, but I might be wrong.
> >
> > As for the mammoth, it’s probably not in. It’d require a ton of space as you said, and it seems that it’d just be really impractical to add into MP. Any map that would be able to support would have to be ginormous with lots of flat space, and a map like that would be an absolute bore fest. IMO, of course.
>
> Please see above Spoiler tag, but at own risk of revealing…well…spoilers. :stuck_out_tongue:
>
>
> Sorry for the secrecy, just trying to be kind to the Monitors.

I still saw no mention of the 10th map. Meltdown was the last one leaked, and that’s the 9th map we know.

Dude. Even with the leaked map, we only know 9 of the 10 maps

The “Ravine” Does not count as a map

There are 10 MP maps and 3 forge maps

Ravine does not count as an MP map. there is still 1 more besides the leaked we dont know about.

HOWEVER, the 10th map is probably a small map. Halo 4 has enough large scale maps.

> > > Doesn’t mean it cannot fit on any of the 3 forge environments my friend.
> >
> > Please note the beginning statement. I clearly state that this information does not include Forge-based elements, given the final two maps have not been revealed. However, excluding Grifball, we currently have no information pointing towards Forge maps being in Halo 4’s Multiplayer (Not including SpOps, Co-Op Campaign).
> >
> >
> > However, given the likelihood that 343i would create a vehicle for use in Campaign (not fact, not confirmed), but not build any direct, 343i-created Halo 4 Multiplayer maps which allow for the Mammoth, I think it’s safe to say Forge will not support the Mammoth, either.
>
> I never thought i’d get to run around as a Flood or in a Mech, so I wouldn’t doubt a Mammoth being in forge, at LEAST.

A fair statement. And trust me, I am on your side; I would love to see the Mammoth in Multiplayer in any given variant. However, I have a habit of arguing my hope and belief to see how it couldn’t happen, and this is the result. And, the result, I feel, is very convincing, especially after viewing the HaloGAF OT10 forum.

yeah and lets not forget the elephant was a one map feature in halo 3, could be the same deal here.

> Dude. Even with the leaked map, we only know 9 of the 10 maps
>
> The “Ravine” Does not count as a map
>
> There are 10 MP maps and 3 forge maps
>
> Ravine does not count as an MP map. there is still 1 more besides the leaked we dont know about.
>
> HOWEVER, the 10th map is probably a small map. Halo 4 has enough large scale maps.

Exile
Adrift
Haven
Longbow
Abandon
Ragnarok
Leaked
Complex
Solace

My apologies, this is correct. However, I am with you; given the size of most of these maps, it is more likely the last map is a small map.

OP Edited with new info at bottom. Thanks, Jin Kisaragi.

> > > > Doesn’t mean it cannot fit on any of the 3 forge environments my friend.
> > >
> > > Please note the beginning statement. I clearly state that this information does not include Forge-based elements, given the final two maps have not been revealed. However, excluding Grifball, we currently have no information pointing towards Forge maps being in Halo 4’s Multiplayer (Not including SpOps, Co-Op Campaign).
> > >
> > >
> > > However, given the likelihood that 343i would create a vehicle for use in Campaign (not fact, not confirmed), but not build any direct, 343i-created Halo 4 Multiplayer maps which allow for the Mammoth, I think it’s safe to say Forge will not support the Mammoth, either.
> >
> > I never thought i’d get to run around as a Flood or in a Mech, so I wouldn’t doubt a Mammoth being in forge, at LEAST.
>
> A fair statement. And trust me, I am on your side; I would love to see the Mammoth in Multiplayer in any given variant. However, I have a habit of arguing my hope and belief to see how it couldn’t happen, and this is the result. And, the result, I feel, is very convincing, especially after viewing the HaloGAF OT10 forum.

True, all i’m saying is that 343i is full of surprises.
Remember when they said the Mantis was campaign only? Well was it? No.
That’s why i’m led to believe that there very much COULD be a zone playable for the Mammoth in Halo 4.
I honestly just want a transport Falcon, some sort of troop transport.

> > > > > Doesn’t mean it cannot fit on any of the 3 forge environments my friend.
> > > >
> > > > Please note the beginning statement. I clearly state that this information does not include Forge-based elements, given the final two maps have not been revealed. However, excluding Grifball, we currently have no information pointing towards Forge maps being in Halo 4’s Multiplayer (Not including SpOps, Co-Op Campaign).
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > However, given the likelihood that 343i would create a vehicle for use in Campaign (not fact, not confirmed), but not build any direct, 343i-created Halo 4 Multiplayer maps which allow for the Mammoth, I think it’s safe to say Forge will not support the Mammoth, either.
> > >
> > > I never thought i’d get to run around as a Flood or in a Mech, so I wouldn’t doubt a Mammoth being in forge, at LEAST.
> >
> > A fair statement. And trust me, I am on your side; I would love to see the Mammoth in Multiplayer in any given variant. However, I have a habit of arguing my hope and belief to see how it couldn’t happen, and this is the result. And, the result, I feel, is very convincing, especially after viewing the HaloGAF OT10 forum.
>
> True, all i’m saying is that 343i is full of surprises.
> Remember when they said the Mantis was campaign only? Well was it? No.
> That’s why i’m led to believe that there very much COULD be a zone playable for the Mammoth in Halo 4.
> I honestly just want a transport Falcon, some sort of troop transport.

Do not take any of this personally, I’m just trying to keep facts rolling out into the public totally straight:

343i never stated the Mantis was Campaign-Only.
The Falcon is not to be included in the candidates for the, as-defined, “New vehicle”, given that it has appeared before in a game. 343i stated that there would be “two new vehicles in Halo 4”.

I’ll reiterate that I truly hope the Mammoth has a place outside of Campaign and SpOps.

According to Halocouncil the last map is a super small, MLG-type map.

> 343i never stated the Mantis was Campaign-Only.

Yes they did.