#I am well aware the game has gone gold, this is expected of 343 to patch the game shortly after its release to fix any bugs or issues. Lack of flag-dropping is a huge issue, which I am requesting they fix#
I don’t care what you hardcore 343-loving fans say. Numerous polls conducted on various Halo communities have consistently -all- shown that the majority of people would prefer to be able to drop flags in default playlists.
You can say all you like “It doesn’t matter that much”, it matters hugely. As an avid CTF player myself, I’m not prepared for 343 to simply sit here and fundamentally ruin CTF in a single move with disabling flag-dropping.
This may have been swept under the carpet a bit as more things came out about Halo 4, but this is still a huge issue, which I’m not prepared to let 343 get away with it thinking they can change things for the worse and hoping nobody will care.
This was something 343 didn’t need to change, and now they did, and nobody likes it. Why in god’s name would they do it? Why do we have to suffer the consequences for 343’s apparently drunken decision?
Who can honestly agree that through removing options, you’re making the game better? This doesn’t make any sense, you’re removing options, and so removing depth and creativity from the game.
You can spout at me the well-rehearsed ‘It improves teamwork’ nonsense 343 has shoved down your throats. At the cost of flattening the gameplay’s depth and squashing its creativity? How anyone can agree with this, I have no idea.
Anyways, my point being. Most people want -at least- the option to add flag-dropping back in. You’d just be betraying your fanbase not to give them something you could easily code in.
Pros of flag-dropping
• As it allows for more options, it leads to more creative gameplay.
• It allows for more advanced strategic plays, such as flag-baiting or passing the flag up a level.
• It doesn’t lock you into something, which may have happened accidentally.
• It encourages people to go for the flag, since they will not have to 100% commit to pulling it. This speeds up gameplay as people are more willing to take the flag knowing they won’t have to go to the death with it.
• Allows for flag-juggling, which is skillful.
Pros of no-flag-dropping
• Encourages random teammates to use teamwork.
• Is more comfortable for players coming from other games, such as CoD.