The majority wants flag-dropping in CTF.

#I am well aware the game has gone gold, this is expected of 343 to patch the game shortly after its release to fix any bugs or issues. Lack of flag-dropping is a huge issue, which I am requesting they fix#

I don’t care what you hardcore 343-loving fans say. Numerous polls conducted on various Halo communities have consistently -all- shown that the majority of people would prefer to be able to drop flags in default playlists.

You can say all you like “It doesn’t matter that much”, it matters hugely. As an avid CTF player myself, I’m not prepared for 343 to simply sit here and fundamentally ruin CTF in a single move with disabling flag-dropping.

This may have been swept under the carpet a bit as more things came out about Halo 4, but this is still a huge issue, which I’m not prepared to let 343 get away with it thinking they can change things for the worse and hoping nobody will care.

This was something 343 didn’t need to change, and now they did, and nobody likes it. Why in god’s name would they do it? Why do we have to suffer the consequences for 343’s apparently drunken decision?

Who can honestly agree that through removing options, you’re making the game better? This doesn’t make any sense, you’re removing options, and so removing depth and creativity from the game.

You can spout at me the well-rehearsed ‘It improves teamwork’ nonsense 343 has shoved down your throats. At the cost of flattening the gameplay’s depth and squashing its creativity? How anyone can agree with this, I have no idea.

Anyways, my point being. Most people want -at least- the option to add flag-dropping back in. You’d just be betraying your fanbase not to give them something you could easily code in.

Pros of flag-dropping
• As it allows for more options, it leads to more creative gameplay.
• It allows for more advanced strategic plays, such as flag-baiting or passing the flag up a level.
• It doesn’t lock you into something, which may have happened accidentally.
• It encourages people to go for the flag, since they will not have to 100% commit to pulling it. This speeds up gameplay as people are more willing to take the flag knowing they won’t have to go to the death with it.
• Allows for flag-juggling, which is skillful.

Pros of no-flag-dropping
• Encourages random teammates to use teamwork.
• Is more comfortable for players coming from other games, such as CoD.

You should know the answer with what’s been said in the OP.

The removal of flag dropping was a drunken decision. 343i’s still just hungover.

Flag taken, flag dropped, flag taken, flag dropped, flag taken, flag dropped, flag captured

The people on those websites are the majority of Halo players?..

Numerous polls conducted on various Halo communities have consistently -all- shown that the majority of people haven’t tried it yet.

Lol I bet you haven’t even played it.

It amazes me how much people whine and complain about something before they even play it. Then get off talking about how they’re “ruining” things despite not even knowing how it will work out.

It’s okay to not like it, and be resistant to change. At least try it though before you start crying

No, the majority doesn’t care.

There’s nothing to discussion here. It has been discuss multiple times. You just have to deal with it.

> Numerous polls conducted on various Halo communities have consistently -all- shown that the majority of people haven’t tried it yet.

Oh wait, people have actually tried flag-dropping before. In all previous Halo games.

And yes, people have actually tried a game without flag-dropping before, it’s called CoD, it sucks.

Don’t underestimate people’s intelligence and ability to making decisions based on theoretical settings which are easy to understand.

If I said to you: “Would you like Chilli-sauce or Mayonnaise on this special sandwich?”. You would know from experience “I like mayonnaise on other sandwiches, so I’ll assume I’ll like mayonnaise on this special sandwich aswell”.

You wouldn’t go “Although I hate spicy things completely, I’m going to choose chilli-sauce, on the off-chance that the special sandwich makes the chilli sauce delicious and not spicy”.

Because you’re not a moron.

> > Numerous polls conducted on various Halo communities have consistently -all- shown that the majority of people haven’t tried it yet.
>
> Oh wait, people have actually tried flag-dropping before. In all previous Halo games.
>
> And yes, people have actually tried a game without flag-dropping before, it’s called CoD, it sucks.
>
>
>
>
>
> Don’t underestimate people’s intelligence and ability to making decisions based on theoretical settings which are easy to understand.
>
> If I said to you: “Would you like Chilli-sauce or Mayonnaise on this special sandwich?”. You would know from experience “I like mayonnaise on other sandwiches, so I’ll assume I’ll like mayonnaise on this special sandwich aswell”.
>
> You wouldn’t go “Although I hate spicy things completely, I’m going to choose chilli-sauce, on the off-chance that the special sandwich makes the chilli sauce delicious and not spicy”.
>
>
> Because you’re not a moron.

Many games have had CTF that didn’t allow you to drop the flag before COD…so don’t even go there.

> > Numerous polls conducted on various Halo communities have consistently -all- shown that the majority of people haven’t tried it yet.
>
> <mark>And yes, people have actually tried a game without flag-dropping before, it’s called CoD, it sucks.</mark>

What? No flag drop = CoD? Going by your logic then if halo has weapons then is CoD and it sucks.

See how stupid is that?

>
> Oh wait, people have actually tried flag-dropping before. In all previous Halo games.
>
> And yes, people have actually tried a game without flag-dropping before, it’s called CoD, it sucks.
>
>
>
>
>
> Don’t underestimate people’s intelligence and ability to making decisions based on theoretical settings which are easy to understand.
>
> If I said to you: “Would you like Chilli-sauce or Mayonnaise on this special sandwich?”. You would know from experience “I like mayonnaise on other sandwiches, so I’ll assume I’ll like mayonnaise on this special sandwich aswell”.
>
> You wouldn’t go “Although I hate spicy things completely, I’m going to choose chilli-sauce, on the off-chance that the special sandwich makes the chilli sauce delicious and not spicy”.
>
>

Yikes, someone’s a little angreh.

It’s really not fair to compare this to other games that don’t have flag drop either. Why? Because they play completely differently. You talk about calling people morons and their inability to make “decisions based on theoretical settings which are easy to understand” but you’re blind to the fact that the same game-modes in different games are actually going to play differently.

Get off your high horse

This guy created an account to -Yoink- about ctf. His 12 posts are crying about ctf. Get out troll. Go back to your cave.

Halo is not Call of Duty, nor is it any other game. Unless you’ve played Capture the Flag with Halo 4’s formula and concluded your opinion on personal experience, then I advise you to hold your views accordingly. It may not seem fun from a viewer’s perspective, but as someone who has experienced it, its a whole different story when you’re in the flesh of a flag-carrying Spartan.

I’m the troll?

What am I trolling about? I’m completely serious here. 343 needs to add in the option to flag-drop at the very least.

At the very most, it should recognise that the majority of people would prefer to be able to drop the flag, and add it as a default setting.

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Because you aren’t complaining about something you haven’t tried yet. And I am calling out people’s ability to make decisions based on theoretical settings. But you DID just make a thinly veiled implication that you think Halo 4 will turn out like CoD, so I think I’ll let my fellow 343’ers do the rest of the typing.

This site needs a good deal less keyboard warriors.

> > And yes, people have actually tried a game without flag-dropping before, it’s called CoD, it sucks.
>
> Halo is not Call of Duty, nor is it any other game. Unless you’ve played Capture the Flag with Halo 4’s formula and concluded your opinion on personal experience, then I advise you to hold your views accordingly. It may not seem fun from a viewer’s perspective, but as someone who has experienced it, its a whole different story when you’re in the flesh of a flag-carrying Spartan.

Over on TheHaloCouncil, roughly 6 people have posted having played the game, saying how awful it was that you couldn’t drop the flag.

I trust their opinion and my own.

> I’m the troll?
>
> What am I trolling about? I’m completely serious here. 343 needs to add in the option to flag-drop at the very least.
>
> At the very most, it should recognise that the majority of people would prefer to be able to drop the flag, and add it as a default setting.

Ok, So, tell 343i whats wrong with not dropping the flag, and how it affects the MAJORITY of halo community.

If you do a well structurized post with the PROS AND CONS of it. Then i will think your opinion is valid. Not this incoherent rambling you are doing.

I think not being able to drop the flag is ridiculous and I don’t have a high expectation for the gametype now, but I’m willing to give it a game or two before I ultimately decide.

I can’t see this playing well though