The Magnum was not Overpowered in Campaign!

I don’t know where this huge sentiment that the magnum was overpowered in the CE campaign came from, but it just isn’t true. A weapon being effective does not make it too powerful, it makes it useful. Maybe it’s because all the weapons in Halo games these days take a thousand shots to kill an enemy (pathetic shotguns, useless ARs, weak pistols and bloom on the DMR), but I challenge anyone to use the Magnum in CE on legendary and say it’s easy.

In multi, sure, the pistol was silly, but without it the campaign wouldn’t be fun. That’s what gaming is supposed to be. Fun. Not; “OMG THIS IS TOO EASY MAKE IT HARDER I WANT TO BE SO CHALLENGED I CRY TEARS OF BLOOD.”

Seriously, why do people enjoy Elites being the bullet sponges they are in Reach? The pistol gave players an effective way of taking down shielded enemies, just like the shotgun was a good way of taking on the flood. Think it’s OP? Don’t use it.

/rant.

Also, inb4 loln00bgetbetterthegameistoodifficult4ucrymaorbaby

You do know that people call it overpowered as a compliment, right?

And at your statement about Reach’s Magnum, it was no more powerful than its Halo 3 counterpart. Because of the bloom, you had to shoot the Magnum just about as fast as Halo 3’s Magnum. The scope doesn’t count since you primarily use the gun at mid-range. It was only effective because of everything else in the sandbox being so weak. (All of this Multiplayer-wise)

Key words: IN CAMPAIGN. Balance is a bit less important in campaign.

> I don’t know where this huge sentiment that the magnum was overpowered in the CE campaign came from, but it just isn’t true. A weapon being effective does not make it too powerful, it makes it useful. Maybe it’s because all the weapons in Halo games these days take a thousand shots to kill an enemy (pathetic shotguns, useless ARs, weak pistols and bloom on the DMR), but I challenge anyone to use the Magnum in CE on legendary and say it’s easy.
>
> In multi, sure, the pistol was silly, but without it the campaign wouldn’t be fun. That’s what gaming is supposed to be. Fun. Not; “OMG THIS IS TOO EASY MAKE IT HARDER I WANT TO BE SO CHALLENGED I CRY TEARS OF BLOOD.”
>
> Seriously, why do people enjoy Elites being the bullet sponges they are in Reach? The pistol gave players an effective way of taking down shielded enemies, just like the shotgun was a good way of taking on the flood. Think it’s OP? Don’t use it.
>
> /rant.
>
> Also, inb4 loln00bgetbetterthegameistoodifficult4ucrymaorbaby

It’s not. It’s accuracy isn’t that great. Try to hit a distant target with and without autoaim. Doesn’t always work.

As for Reach’s magnum, I thought it was like the Halo 3’s Magnum, except 10x worse. It imposed a waiting time. Removing the bloom could have unlocked it’s full potential.

> Key words: IN CAMPAIGN. Balance is a bit less important in campaign.

The Magnum still isn’t overpowered in the campaign. Three-shots only happened in multiplayer. Even on Normal, it takes four shots minimum to kill an Elite.

It was what it was and it was fine.

> In multi, sure, the pistol was silly, but without it the campaign wouldn’t be fun.

I never used the pistol when I played CE and I still had fun. I always thought it sucked :stuck_out_tongue:

This isn’t the Bungie forums so don’t use that inb4 crap on us.

OT: I agree the pistol is a lot of fun to use in campaign. I always have that baby by my side.