The Magnum Is Too Weak And Other Problems With Weapons

Pistol’s really solid, not sure what problems people have with it.

honestly? i don’t like the strong magnum, even in CE. it makes the actual precision weapons, like the BR and DMR, redundant. also i wouldn’t say this magnum is weak, it’s pretty good… almost too good i’d say. same goes with the AR, now that is too op. though i will say, i would prefer the old magnum design over the sidekick… at least the magnum didn’t look like a standard issued glock -v-

I don’t like the really high ROF, I don’t like how it looks like a glock, I don’t like that it doesn’t have a scope like the classic magnum. Does it function well? sure! but it’s not the Halo pistol, it is just like every other pistol in every other FPS ever made. It’s not special and unique like the OG magnum and I think that is what I am most upset about.

1 Like

Does it function well? sure! but it’s not the Halo pistol, it is just like every other pistol in every other FPS ever made. It’s not special and unique like the OG magnum and I think that is what I am most upset about. I don’t like the really high ROF, I don’t like how it looks like a glock, I don’t like that it doesn’t have a scope like the classic magnum.

1 Like

I strongly disagree about the magnum, I think it’s wonderfully balanced right now, and I think TTK is already a tad short so I definitely don’t want it to be any shorter.

Regarding the lack of classic weapons though I agree; I hope they’re working on adding in all the common Halo weapons we love, liek the classic shotgun and the plasma rifle and SMG. DMR I’m okay without, but it would be cool nonetheless.

1 Like

I wouldn’t want it buffed with the rate of fire and reload speed as it is now. I think it would be much better if it would aim down the sights more, slow down the ROF, buff it by like 5%, and slow down the reload time a bit. OR leave it as is and bring back the classic Magnum as a special weapon that can be picked up.

1 Like

agreed with all of that. also isn’t that another thing? no scope for the weapons! like isn’t there a link module on the weapon that allows spartans and marines to zoom in with a attachement on the weapon, that’s like a sorta camera? it’s been there since CE - 4. in 5 it was litteral iron sites, so what do we get in infinite? a terrible ‘zoom’ like… what even is this? there’s no reason to scope/zoom in unless you have a sniper weapon

2 Likes

exactly, it’s so non-Halo.

yup… the only ‘halo thing’ in the multiplayer is the SPNKR, the BR, the sentinal weapons, and i guess the sniper rifle… the AR is too accurate. the pistol looks like a glock. the bulldog litterately looks like something from CoD BLoPs 3-4. the commando is redundant. half the banished weapons are either redundant or useless. the slide is pointless. the sprint is underwhelming. the spike grenade is redundant…
ya know, looking back at it. prior halo games also had pointless and redundant weapons… but at least they had a spot in the actually decent sandbox. infinte is just wasted potential…

2 Likes

OK, so a few days have gone by and after having played with it some more and hearing some yall’s input and perspective I’ve decided that it’s fine. Its functional and practical, but it’s also boring. It’s just like every other sidearm in FPS history. There is nothing really that special or unique about it, to just looks like a glock or something and Halo is supposed to take place five hundred years in the future, why would they still be using Glocks? lol. When I think of Halo one of the first things that comes to mind HAS to be the powerful Magnum with the scope. I would be very disappointed if it were not in Halo Infinite at all and I don’t think I am alone in that. I understand that many players were upset with Halo 5 because the pistol was too OP and the game became all about using the pistol. So I have a suggestion that I think we could all agree on. Keep the current sidekick as the loadout sidearm and add the OG Magnum as a special weapon that can be found and picked up on the maps. Use it to replace the pulse carbine if you want to, nobody likes that thing lol. This would make everyone happy I think. Also, buff the damn shotgun. Thanks for reading.

1 Like