The Magnum Firing Sound Must Change

The Halo 5 Beta Magnum had a very underwhelming firing sound. Each Magnum shot is a whistling “pow”. That should not be what the Magnum sounds like. The 5 Beta Magnum firing sound was cartoony, sounded like a bad gun sound effect, and just was sort of an electronic “pow pow pow pow”.

The firing sound for the Halo 5 Magnum should be percussive, deep, explosive, blunt, and mechanical. More like a “PEUH-IK”. The PEUH is the sound of the propellant exploding. The PEUH should be very heavy, blunt, low, and explosive. The -IK is the sound of the metal slide kicking back and moving. The -IK should be mechanical, metallic, and slightly ringing.

This is a much better firing sound for the Magnum. It starts at 1:32 seconds and ends at 1:35 seconds.

These are somewhat similar to what I imagine. I can’t seem to find a firing sound that quite matches what I imagine.

- YouTube

Sounded a lot better than the halo 4 Magnum to me I’m a happy camper.

Yeah, it’s sound needs to be ‘beefed up’ to make it sound more bad-a**.

It should sound like a Desert Eagle .50 AE because thats pretty much what it is inspired from. Plus they use the same diameter bullet. I would be happy if it sounds like my .45 because even that is more manly than the H5 sound.

You had your chance to complain when Master Chief’s footsteps in Halo 2-3 sounded like plastic, and the Halo 2 smg sounded like plastic.

Originally I was going to say “na” to this idea. Basically because all the guns in Halo 5 have a sort of high-pitched, more cartoony sound and that the Magnum fit the theme, but listening to all the weapons again, the SMG especially sounds really good, has some punch, and doesn’t sound cheap like the Magnum, so I agree, they should make it sound a little beefier. Particularly since it seems to be the best Magnum since Combat Evolved.

Even if they don’t change it, at least it sounds better than Halo 4’s Magnum.

I agree, loved the Halo: Reach sound effect

> 2533274976643293;1:
> The Halo 5 Beta Magnum had a very underwhelming firing sound. Each Magnum shot is a whistling “pow”. That should not be what the Magnum sounds like. The 5 Beta Magnum firing sound was cartoony, sounded like a bad gun sound effect, and just was sort of an electronic “pow pow pow pow”.
>
> The firing sound for the Halo 5 Magnum should be percussive, explosive, blunt, and mechanical. More like a “PEUH-IK”. The PEUH is the sound of the propellant exploding. The PEUH should be very heavy, blunt, low, and explosive. The -IK is the sound of the metal slide kicking back and moving. The -IK should be mechanical, metallic, and slightly ringing.
>
> This is a much better firing sound for the Magnum. It starts at 1:32 seconds and ends at 1:35 seconds.
> https://youtu.be/zxMQArisgUQ?t=1m32s
>
> These are somewhat similar to what I imagine. I can’t seem to find a firing sound that quite matches what I imagine.
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgjM9WEcv6E
> - YouTube

I love how people like you come to the forums and say that something MUST be done, because you think so.
I enjoy the sound, it’s not very loud. I’m more worried about playing the game than I am about if my gun sounds exactly how I think it should or not.
There is a reason why the people working for 343 did when they did. I applaud them not using something that would annoy the piss out of me everytime I pushed the trigger. And considering I would bepressing that button MILLIONS of times in the coming year or two before Halo 6…

I’m good with how it is now.

I would like all the sounds of the guns to be beefed up, like sounding like proper burst weapons, pistols, shotguns etc. Halo 4 weapons sounded like they were produced electronically…

> I love how people like you come to the forums and say that something MUST be done, because you think so.

Some people just don’t understand forum etiquette for one reason or another. The appropriate name for this thread would be something like, “Feedback on Halo 5 Magnum Sound” or “Anyone else think the Magnum should sound more powerful?”

It’s very off-putting to read “SOMETHING MUST CHANGE [BECAUSE I THINK SO].”

> 2533274800197828;10:
> > I love how people like you come to the forums and say that something MUST be done, because you think so.
>
>
> Some people just don’t understand forum etiquette for one reason or another. The appropriate name for this thread would be something like, “Feedback on Halo 5 Magnum Sound” or “Anyone else think the Magnum should sound more powerful?”
>
> It’s very off-putting to read “SOMETHING MUST CHANGE [BECAUSE I THINK SO].”

Exactly, and that is why 343i won’t even read this, and pass over it. Because they think their demands should be heard.
Learn how to give suggestions, and not demands :wink:

I agree. h4 sound also didn’t do justice to the magnum…why can’t it just sound like a regular deagle…

The H2 magnum sounded terrific IMO.

> 2533274882999606;5:
> You had your chance to complain when Master Chief’s footsteps in Halo 2-3 sounded like plastic, and the Halo 2 smg sounded like plastic.

-.-

Footsteps? Really? The only complaint I ever had about footsteps was Halo 4, when they made them sound as clunky as -Yoink-. Is “immersion” really that important when realistically, the enemy would be able to hear you coming a mile away?

OT: The magnum seems to be a variant of the Halo 2 pistol, so why not give it something along the lines of H2A’s pistol sound effects?

> 2533274863266427;2:
> Sounded a lot better than the halo 4 Magnum to me I’m a happy camper.

i Agree

> 2535432359236232;14:
> > 2533274882999606;5:
> > You had your chance to complain when Master Chief’s footsteps in Halo 2-3 sounded like plastic, and the Halo 2 smg sounded like plastic.
>
>
> -.-
>
> Footsteps? Really? The only complaint I ever had about footsteps was Halo 4, when they made them sound as clunky as -Yoink-. Is “immersion” really that important when realistically, the enemy would be able to hear you coming a mile away?
>
> OT: The magnum seems to be a variant of the Halo 2 pistol, so why not give it something along the lines of H2A’s pistol sound effects?

I feel the sound effects for the Halo 2 pistol, Classic and Anniversary, don’t fit the feel of the Halo 5 Magnum.

This would be much better. The firing sound ends at 1:35.
https://youtu.be/zxMQArisgUQ?t=1m32s

Make it sound like the Unica 6 in BF4

> 2533274815147687;3:
> Yeah, it’s sound needs to be ‘beefed up’ to make it sound more bad-a**.

I have an idea for this…Every shot-

“Boom! Headshot!” -Sgt. Johnson

Theres the bad-a** side you wanted