The MA5K from halo lore in Halo 5?

343i has been so generous with how they are handling the fan-base and the fan’s requests for content. I want to make a form dedicated to talking about the MA5K Carbine,(and other gun concepts you guys can think of) and the game-play that can come from the inclusion of the weapon.

BACKGROUND HISTORY

Now if you look up the weapon, MA5K Carbine, you will see what it looks like, it is like a compact AR with a BR iron sight rail on top, it also has a grenade launcher on the bottom. Now this gun has only been seen notable in the book, “Ghost of Onyx” another way we can see, and actually play with this weapon is on the Modded PC game Halo: Custom Edition, on player created maps, and it actually has some really fun game-play value, the weapon operates like a more accurate AR but when shot in bursts it can be like a BR, the only difference is the gun does not have a high stopping power, which means it’s not too effective against shields, but the gun comes with a under-barrel grenade launcher that shoots, game play-wise, the frag grenades you have on you. Now that’s all from playing with the modded variant of the gun on Halo 1, and reading the Wiki form about it, I think Halo 5 can really benefit from having a variety of weapons to make the game-play across maps more unique, the inclusion of this weapon could offer a skill based user gun to the mix of Halo 5, let me explain…

GAME-PLAY TALK

The MA5K Carbine is know for being accurate at mid range combat, so you could have it behave similar to the AR, since in lore it is a carbine variant of the AR, but the catch is that it is not effective to shields, so spraying and praying will not be a option, the weapon features a grenade launcher though, so how do we balance it and incorporate it you may be wondering, or not… , you make it to when you use the smart link it activate the grenade launcher, so to clear it up the gun will have a Primary fire mode, but the smart link activates the Secondary fire mode, aka the grenade launcher… but now we have another problem, grenade spam… actually it’s not a problem, just make the gun shoot off the Frags you have on your spartan at the time.

CONCLUSION

I do believe that the MA5K Carbine, with all of the ideas I pitched on game-play, could be a really cool weapon to include in Halo 5’s sandbox, or potentially in halo 6’s arsenal. If you agree or not let me know, also feel free to pitch more Ideas here, about the MA5K Carbine, or any other gun in halo lore you would like to see get it’s play time, or return, and to 343i I hope you will consider my proposal.

The dream is still alive brother, though we have no sign of it just yet…though some people have managed to make a scratch built one using the Forge weapons glitch.

Yes, this is actually a good idea.

It looks too much like a CoD weapon, but in can see it working.

> 2535455681930574;4:
> It looks too much like a CoD weapon, but in can see it working.

You mean it looks too much like a firearm from the real world? Cause thats what Call of Duty guns are lol.

> 2533274973681092;5:
> > 2535455681930574;4:
> > It looks too much like a CoD weapon, but in can see it working.
>
> You mean it looks too much like a firearm from the real world? Cause thats what Call of Duty guns are lol.

Yah, but I was tired when I wrote this, so don’t judge lol.

On the topic of the weapon pad glitch, does anyone know how to make a burst-fire DMR?

> 2533274870717152;7:
> On the topic of the weapon pad glitch, does anyone know how to make a burst-fire DMR?

Maybe try a Boltshot variant with the DMR?

> 2535437652903765;8:
> > 2533274870717152;7:
> > On the topic of the weapon pad glitch, does anyone know how to make a burst-fire DMR?
>
> Maybe try a Boltshot variant with the DMR?

OK, I’ll try that later.

> 2535437652903765;8:
> > 2533274870717152;7:
> > On the topic of the weapon pad glitch, does anyone know how to make a burst-fire DMR?
>
> Maybe try a Boltshot variant with the DMR?

Can confirm this works, I’ve found Closed Fist to work well because of the crazy magazine capacity it has. CE Magnum + Closed fist is pretty awesome too.

> 2535455681930574;6:
> > 2533274973681092;5:
> > > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > It looks too much like a CoD weapon, but in can see it working.
> >
> > You mean it looks too much like a firearm from the real world? Cause thats what Call of Duty guns are lol.
>
> Yah, but I was tired when I wrote this, so don’t judge lol.

Late night forum posting is the best forum posting.

> 2533274973681092;11:
> > 2535455681930574;6:
> > > 2533274973681092;5:
> > > > 2535455681930574;4:
> > > > It looks too much like a CoD weapon, but in can see it working.
> > >
> > > You mean it looks too much like a firearm from the real world? Cause thats what Call of Duty guns are lol.
> >
> > Yah, but I was tired when I wrote this, so don’t judge lol.
>
> Late night forum posting is the best forum posting.

Haha yah it’s when the crazy stuff happens.

It would be nice to see it, we’ve only ever heard of it in the books, never been able to play with it in an official halo game. Also, does anyone remember the gun the rebels were using near the start? It’s nickname was the confetti sprayer I think?