The lost installation

I have just one question about Cryptum that I am just not sure about. Did the damaged Halo ring that went through the portal get back to the Ark? I don’t think it did but I’m not sure since a straight answer is never given, and that kinda confused me, but on the last page, Born now has to locate “the lost installation”, which I think is the damaged ring but they didn’t say yes or no to it getting to the Ark. I think I’m right but I’m not sure, so correct me if I’m wrong.

[edited by: Joeybruno21 at 3:18 AM (GMT 1) on 1 Apr 2011]

UPDATE

Well, no one has answered my question. I don't know if I did something wrong or if you guys don't understand the question, but I think I was right. The only reason I got confused was not just because they don't say it, but you assume it, but Halopedia says it did make it to the Ark. But it didn’t make it the Ark, so where did it go? Did the prisinor cause this? What do you guys think?

I’m going on memory here, but I’m pretty sure it did. This is the ring that went through as Bornstellar went through, right?

> I’m going on memory here, but I’m pretty sure it did. This is the ring that went through as Bornstellar went through, right?

Yeah, the ring that went through as Bornstellar did. It has been a while since I’ve read Cryptum so I might have forgotten some of the small things, but if it did get to the Ark, then what is “the lost installation” at the end of the book? Thats what confused me.

> > I’m going on memory here, but I’m pretty sure it did. This is the ring that went through as Bornstellar went through, right?
>
> Yeah, the ring that went through as Bornstellar did. It has been a while since I’ve read Cryptum so I might have forgotten some of the small things, but if it did get to the Ark, then what is “the lost installation” at the end of the book? Thats what confused me.

I just looked back at Cryptum and yea, the damaged Halo ring did make it back to the Ark. I must have forgotten about that part. As for “the lost installation” that is mentioned at the end of the book, they are talking about the Halo ring that was given to Mendicant Bias, which was lost for 43 years, and hints the the prisoner had stowed away on that Halo ring. Hope that clears it all up.

Yet, Halopedia came up with a theory that the Halo ring given to Mendicant Bias is Installation 05, or at least the original Installation 05, Since Mendicant’s serial number is 05-032, like how 343 Guilty Spark’s full serial number (as seen in the terminals of Halo 3) is 04-343. Perhaps it indicates which installation that ancilla (Forerunner AI, both contender and monitor) is responsible for. What do you guys think?

> Yet, Halopedia came up with a theory that the Halo ring given to Mendicant Bias is Installation 05, or at least the original Installation 05, Since Mendicant’s serial number is 05-032, like how 343 Guilty Spark’s full serial number (as seen in the terminals of Halo 3) is 04-343. Perhaps it indicates which installation that ancilla (Forerunner AI, both contender and monitor) is responsible for. What do you guys think?

Hmm…very interesting…it sounds like it might work. I don’t know much about the serial numbers though.