The losses out weigh the gains and forge

343 has achieved great things with Halo 5
the core gameplay mechanics are great
the graphics are great
the sounds and soundtracks are great
(with a few issues here and there in all )

however
there are certain CRITICAL features in the halo franchise that you can not strip from the game
you simply can not remove what halo is about and try to rewrite the game in your own image , with franchises like Halo it just doesn’t work that way.
what am I getting at?

simply put ,the key gametypes, maps and features of halo are entirely missing, I gave 343 the benefit of the doubt that they would probably release the gametypes and such that we love at a later time ,but here we are within holiday season, the primary marketing time for franchises like halo to sell the most . and we still are missing very important things from the halo franchise.

-where is oddball
-where is king of the hill
-where is infection
-where is grifball
-where is the gravity hammer
-where is classic slayer

these are the core things i find missing from halo , resulting in my poor experience in the game , the multiplayer doesnt last because the FUN OF HALO MULTIPLAYER IS ALL GONE
there are nothing but competitive gametypes that i’d expect in COD like breakout which is 343’s version of search and destroy.

thats it
thats the only “unique” gametype halo 5 brought. i lost oddball/king of the hill/griffball for -Yoinking!- breakout
dont get me wrong , i enjoy it , but not nearly as much as i’d enjoy playing hide and seek with the infected! or womping the crap out of someone with the oddball, or passing the ball across the map for an epic finish in griffball with my friends. you just cant strip halo of all of everyone’s amazing experiences and fun they had with the franchises gametypes and weapons.

on another note
why are the controls for halo 5 forge so needlessly complicated.
I am an experienced forger. ive been forging maps since halo 3 (longer then most of the cartographers probably)
these controls are not intuitive in the slightest
there different yes , am i upset because theyre different? NO
i am upset because they demand too much precision YES
alot of times i dont know what im building
i just want to toss stuff across the map and see what i come up with and work from there

forging is an art. to make art i need to go where my creativity takes me, i cant go where my creativity takes me if i need to press 10 buttons to place a warthog on the ground.

release an option to allow players to use the classic controls , dont care if the selection function is hard to access , just give me a LESS precision please.

“I just want to toss stuff across the map and see what i come up with; forging is an art; just give me LESS precision please.” -experienced forger

1. They’ve confirmed gametypes like Infection, Griffball, and more are in the pipeline already. I’d probably peg the January / February timeframe for us to see them.
  2. “I am an experienced forger. ive been forging maps since halo 3 (longer then most of the cartographers probably)” That’s just straight up a stupid argument to make. Those guys have said it themselves, after getting used to it after a little bit the controls are far more efficient and allow you to actually use all the new amazing things they added to Forge. And after spending a few hours, I completely agree! Just get used to the control for a while and the good forging will come to you.

Game types are coming and your forge rant contradicts itself.

> 2535407149471660;2:
> “I just want to toss stuff across the map and see what i come up with; forging is an art; just give me LESS precision please.” -experienced forger

not everything should be a precise decision.
its good for certain things and bad for others.
for example , when placing weapons around the map
you dont need to precisely orientate the object around just to get it in a good spot , you can just spawn and lay it against a wall.
or precisely orientate a vehicle.

> 2533274821769873;4:
> Game types are coming and your forge rant contradicts itself.

I hope they do, but I don’t really think I’ll get to experience them the way I want to, maybe grifball, but that’s it.

> 2535407149471660;2:
> “I just want to toss stuff across the map and see what i come up with; forging is an art; just give me LESS precision please.” -experienced forger

Hay, I’ll vouch for him. lol

The battle between the “Simple Halo 3 forge” and this “Complicated Halo 5 forge” is like comparing Samsung to Apple in my opinion. Except in this respect, Samsung has 5000x the features and possibilities are endless. I say Samsung and Apple because Apple is simple but restricted as hell. I hope you see the comparison and we can all enjoy the new forge. It’s a masterpiece–imo

> 2533274896056092;3:
> 1) They’ve confirmed gametypes like Infection, Griffball, and more are in the pipeline already. I’d probably peg the January / February timeframe for us to see them.
> 2) “I am an experienced forger. ive been forging maps since halo 3 (longer then most of the cartographers probably)” That’s just straight up a stupid argument to make. Those guys have said it themselves, after getting used to it after a little bit the controls are far more efficient and allow you to actually use all the new amazing things they added to Forge. And after spending a few hours, I completely agree! Just get used to the control for a while and the good forging will come to you.

ive been fiddling with around with forge for 3 hours+ these controls are still ridiculously more complicated then they couldve been, they might aswell has just released forge on PC.
or atleast given players the option to simply change around what each function does. when you make a drastic change in something like this i feel like its needed. just like how there is an option to play with halo 4 controls in multiplayer.

> 2533274846823005;8:
> The battle between the “Simple Halo 3 forge” and this “Complicated Halo 5 forge” is like comparing Samsung to Apple in my opinion. Except in this respect, Samsung has 5000x the features and possibilities are endless. I say Samsung and Apple because Apple is simple but restricted as hell. I hope you see the comparison and we can all enjoy the new forge. It’s a masterpiece–imo

im not saying the new forge is bad. im just saying the controls are.

> 2533274846823005;8:
> The battle between the “Simple Halo 3 forge” and this “Complicated Halo 5 forge” is like comparing Samsung to Apple in my opinion. Except in the respect, Samsung has 5000x the features and possibilities are endless. I say Samsung and Apple because Apple is simple but restricted as hell. I hope you see the comparison and we can all enjoy the new forge. It’s a masterpiece–imo

To be fair, the controls are fine. The problems lay with the fact that we have had it such a certain way thought the years, and all of a sudden it changes along with plenty of other things that we loved about the old ways. So with that, I say Halo 5 is a good game, but for vets its just off.

What a joke.

7/10

Campaign theater mode.
Campaign Scoring (team and FFA)
Campaign matchmaking (Heroic difficulty, because achievements)
Campaign commendations. (Enemies, vehicles, weapons[including hidden legendary weapons] etc.)
Experience towards rank.
REQ points through campaign.
And some special armor or skins for beating it Legendary.
Bandana Skull for the heck of it.

Those are what I feel are really missing, the campaign love. They did a great job with Forge, and I am sure they will even improve it in the time come. And the game modes are coming. I just want some campaign love for once, especially after all the marketing and hype and how they built the game around coop that we can’t even enjoy unless we have friends who want to play with us.

> 2533274809541057;12:
> What a joke.
>
> 7/10

Ign?

> 2533274847563380;11:
> > 2533274846823005;8:
> > The battle between the “Simple Halo 3 forge” and this “Complicated Halo 5 forge” is like comparing Samsung to Apple in my opinion. Except in the respect, Samsung has 5000x the features and possibilities are endless. I say Samsung and Apple because Apple is simple but restricted as hell. I hope you see the comparison and we can all enjoy the new forge. It’s a masterpiece–imo
>
>
> To be fair, the controls are fine. The problems lay with the fact that we have had it such a certain way thought the years, and all of a sudden it changes along with plenty of other things that we loved about the old ways. So with that, I say Halo 5 is a good game, but for vets its just off.

ditto
i’d shut up if they just allow players to entirely edit the controls like a PC game