The Long Forgotten Precursors

In all of the halos the forerunners have been a civilization clouded in mystery. but now we already know about there technology weapons and tactics. we’ve even fought them face to face. in halo xb1 in think there should be a glimpse of precursor technology. halo needs that mysterious feeling again. it needs to make the player ask. “what is this?” “who made it?” “how was it made?” “how powerful are this beings?” “whats their plan?”. halo has always had that mystery and it should get it back.

I’d like some Precursor tech to show up

It’d be kind of difficult to have that happen seeing as all Precursor tech in the galaxy was destroyed from the Halo Array.

But if it was “fresh”, or had been protected by something there could be some intact peices.
Unless we go to a different galaxy all together, of course.

I wouldn’t mind a little disturbance in the canon to utilize potentially unique weaponry.

I was not the only one disappointed by how the Forerunner weapons were depicted in Halo 4 (having similar function to human weapons, essentially repeating the clone trend that was begun by Halo 2 and Halo 3).

> I wouldn’t mind a little disturbance in the canon to utilize potentially unique weaponry.
>
> I was not the only one disappointed by how the Forerunner weapons were depicted in Halo 4 (having similar function to human weapons, essentially repeating the clone trend that was begun by Halo 2 and Halo 3).

Yeah, the boltshot was the only one that was somewhat unique.
Disastrously unique. I did like the LR functions though.
I would love to see some precursor tech. Maybe a vehicle or singular grenade type.

> > I wouldn’t mind a little disturbance in the canon to utilize potentially unique weaponry.
> >
> > I was not the only one disappointed by how the Forerunner weapons were depicted in Halo 4 (having similar function to human weapons, essentially repeating the clone trend that was begun by Halo 2 and Halo 3).
>
> Yeah, the boltshot was the only one that was somewhat unique.
> Disastrously unique. I did like the LR functions though.
> I would love to see some precursor tech. Maybe a vehicle or singular grenade type.

Yea, the Boltshot is unique, but it seems so close to a sawed off shotgun when you hold the trigger down.

EDIT: I mean in the sense of how much damage it does, not appearance.

> > > I wouldn’t mind a little disturbance in the canon to utilize potentially unique weaponry.
> > >
> > > I was not the only one disappointed by how the Forerunner weapons were depicted in Halo 4 (having similar function to human weapons, essentially repeating the clone trend that was begun by Halo 2 and Halo 3).
> >
> > Yeah, the boltshot was the only one that was somewhat unique.
> > Disastrously unique. I did like the LR functions though.
> > I would love to see some precursor tech. Maybe a vehicle or singular grenade type.
>
> Yea, the Boltshot is unique, but it seems so close to a sawed off shotgun when you hold the trigger down.
>
> EDIT: I mean in the sense of how much damage it does, not appearance.

It essentially acts as a rebalancing of the mauler, as the single shot capability gets strikingly little play.

If mendicant bias gets a part to play in halo 5, I wouldn’t be surprised to see him task chief in retrieving some kind of item or data from a precursor object that mendicant bias could have gained awareness after his rampancy and disassembling while he was stuck in deserts of the ark for the last 100,000 years.

> > > > I wouldn’t mind a little disturbance in the canon to utilize potentially unique weaponry.
> > > >
> > > > I was not the only one disappointed by how the Forerunner weapons were depicted in Halo 4 (having similar function to human weapons, essentially repeating the clone trend that was begun by Halo 2 and Halo 3).
> > >
> > > Yeah, the boltshot was the only one that was somewhat unique.
> > > Disastrously unique. I did like the LR functions though.
> > > I would love to see some precursor tech. Maybe a vehicle or singular grenade type.
> >
> > Yea, the Boltshot is unique, but it seems so close to a sawed off shotgun when you hold the trigger down.
> >
> > EDIT: I mean in the sense of how much damage it does, not appearance.
>
> It essentially acts as a rebalancing of the mauler, as the single shot capability gets strikingly little play.

Indeed

Did the Precursors really even have weapons? The closest was the star roads mentioned in Silentium, but those scream of a more repurposed for combat rather than intended for combat role. That and the Forerunner massacre of the Precursors seemed terribly one-sided against the Precursors.

I think the best scenario for this is if they put terminals like in halo 3 in.

> Did the Precursors really even have weapons? The closest was the star roads mentioned in Silentium, but those scream of a more repurposed for combat rather than intended for combat role. That and the Forerunner massacre of the Precursors seemed terribly one-sided against the Precursors.

This.

When the Forerunners rose up against their creators and forced them to either flee or die, the Precursors were a “God Race” that probably hadn’t experienced violence in millions if not billions of years. When you’re at the highest tier of power in the galaxy, no one would even think to try and destory you… unless you’re those stubborn Forerunners who feared for species-wide extermination. This is also evident when we learn the Precursors inevitably chose to lose the war with the Forerunners after the Forerunners showed there was no other path but bloodshed. They instead wanted to learn from the Forerunners’ combat-fueled nature, learn their tactics of genocide, so that one day they’d be able to exact their revenge without any doubt of defeat.

I would prefer some ancient human tech, especially that armour in terminal 5, the Forerunners could not have destroyed every piece.
Also it would be nice to find out that the Ancient Humans were the true holders of the mantle, thus were preserved by Precursors (non flood) in the edge/other galaxy where the installations were out of range.

> > I wouldn’t mind a little disturbance in the canon to utilize potentially unique weaponry.
> >
> > I was not the only one disappointed by how the Forerunner weapons were depicted in Halo 4 (having similar function to human weapons, essentially repeating the clone trend that was begun by Halo 2 and Halo 3).
>
> Yeah, the boltshot was the only one that was somewhat unique.
> Disastrously unique. I did like the LR functions though.
> I would love to see some precursor tech. Maybe a vehicle or singular grenade type.

A vehicle would be a much needed addition.

They will definitely have a part in Humanity’s transcendence as they were planned to be the true heirs of the Precursors and in the end Forerunners. Didn’t the forerunners kill them or did they literally go MIA since they supposedly “transcended”. Sorry, can’t remember. But they were a “god” race.

I heard this mentioned in a past post but with the terminals link you to a mission where you play as a someone from various points during the human forerunner war, forerunner flood war, forerunner precursor war, etc… Then you get to see these events first hand. Personally I’d like to see one setup like the Mona Lisa - investigate then escape a flood infested ship.

> They will definitely have a part in Humanity’s transcendence as they were planned to be the true heirs of the Precursors and in the end Forerunners. Didn’t the forerunners kill them or did they literally go MIA since they supposedly “transcended”. Sorry, can’t remember. But they were a “god” race.

If my memory serves me right, forerunners went to war and killed most and spared few, along with the few who could flee. They were a transentiant species or something meaning they could choose their form and dissipate into biological matter at reform at a later time, but when the forerunners killed them the few did try just that but when they came back they were mutated and parasitic, absorbing organic matter forming the flood/graveminds.

Now I’m tempted to go check halopedia or the wiki or something :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the humans should learn that the flood are precursors, just as the forerunners did.

I would love to see some precursor artifacts scattered throughout the games, just as forerunner artifacts were. We just need that mysterium factor we had in past Halo games, with the forerunner artifacts and all, but now we just know too much about them so that factor is now sort of gone. We need more moments in the game, like at the beginning of the mission requiem, where you step out of the cave, into the beautiful vista, we need more moments like that in Halo 5 and future Halo games.

> Did the Precursors really even have weapons? The closest was the star roads mentioned in Silentium, but those scream of a more repurposed for combat rather than intended for combat role. That and the Forerunner massacre of the Precursors seemed terribly one-sided against the Precursors.

Didn’t the Precursors choose to lose, instead of fight, because they wanted to see the Forerunners Aggressive nature?