The Little things we miss.

Everyone knows the big ticket items that needs to be addressed to fix this game, but what about the little that don’t necessarily impact the game but are just a nice added touch to have. Here are some of the little things that I miss.

MVP: At the end of each match the player that did the best was showcased on the final screen.

Top 3 Medals: At the end of the match the top 3 medals earned in that match were displayed with the Spartan’s name who earned them.

Scoring in Campaign/Firefight/SpartanOps: I liked seeing how how I could get my kill streak up to, or competing with my friends to see who is the better Spartan.

Theater in campaign/firefight/SpartanOps: I didn’t use this option much but really liked having it there.

What are some of the little things that you miss?

I miss playing as an Elite. I miss the Revenant. I miss the Scarabs. I miss… sword-duels that don’t end in instant death after 5 hits.

Campaign Theater, Librarian Emblem (Halo 3), Mark V

Halo 3 explosions (Phantom)
Reach armory
ODSTs
Missing emblems
Jackals
Scarabs

From Halo 2 I miss the old game brakedown info, most memorable being the Shots hit tab that once said 666 for me at a Lan Party.

From Reach I particularly miss getting credit towards experience from the Campaign.

And of course from ODST, I miss that weak feeling it gave you. Halo 3 i didn’t think much of a Brute Chieftain, but put me against on as an ODST while he’s skating at me with a gravity hammer and i’m full backpedal panic mode. Also playing as an ODST, though i can satsify that easily enough.

Things I miss in Halo 4…

• ODST armor for your Spartan
  • ODSTs in campaign; were they all retired with the arrival of Spartan IVs?
  • theater mode for campaign and SpOps
  • scoring for campaign
  • skulls for SpOps when playing solo/split-screen
  • English-speaking Covies (the IWHBYD skull is rather pointless now)
  • various emblems featured in previous Halo games
  • Reach’s Forge World map
  • objective games in Big Team (4-vs-4 CTF on Ragnarok is rather dull)

The iconic monk chant. It should be playing at the menu, not for a split second in a cutscene.

I miss the balance and proximity chat, though that wouldnt really matter thanks to party chat.

> I miss the balance and proximity chat, though that wouldnt really matter thanks to party chat.

Or the “mute all” option. Seriously, that’s the smartest thing you can do when playing alone.

I’m not going to lie…I miss the brute spikers.

Scorpion tanks in multiplayer
ODSTs
Needle rifle from Reach

I agree a lot of the things posted in this thread.

The wraith launch from Halo 3//Reach.

the funnest thing to do in Halo ever

That and why the hell has the hard ceiling on maps been lowered so far? Trick Jumping = Dead. Mongoose Launching = Stymied. Quit taking the little things out the game that are fun. =P

> The iconic monk chant. It should be playing at the menu, not for a split second in a cutscene.

Although I do strongly agree with you, I also enjoy 4’s music.

I miss playing as a Sangheili.

I’ve been playing as one since 2004. Once Reach came out, I compensated by only playing invasion unless forced to otherwise by my clan.

Now, I can’t play them at all…and that’s probably the reason I haven’t touched Halo 4 in months.

> I miss playing as a Sangheili.
>
> I’ve been playing as one since 2004. Once Reach came out, I compensated by only playing invasion unless forced to otherwise by my clan.
>
> Now, I can’t play them at all…and that’s probably the reason I haven’t touched Halo 4 in months.

Come to think of it, I really miss Invasion. It was a refreshingly unique gametype and very fun. And even Invasion Slayer was fun to some extend.

I don’t really like halo 4’s music…I feel that they could have done a lot better. Give me back never forget or the monks and I’ll be happy

> I don’t really like halo 4’s music…I feel that they could have done a lot better. Give me back never forget or the monks and I’ll be happy

H4’s soundtrack is kind of a two-edged sword for me. On one hand you’ve got some tracks that are among the best Halo music, and on the other hand the re-arranged tracks where you keep think “the original was better, the original was better, the original was better”.

I miss the belts spartans wore in previous games

none of the music stuck with me as much as the original did. I still get pumped whenever I hear “music for saving the world” and the tension of “covenant dance” with those tracks you were literally on the edge of your seat especially on the harder difficulties. I can’t even name any of the ones from halo 4 even though I own both soundtracks.