The Library

Hello, this is my first post in this board and I really don’t know if this has been discussed but it might have.

Anyway The library on Halo CE was one of the most daunting and scariest levels when I was younger. And to think that the flood will be back but with updated graphics haunts me.

Are you happy to re-do this level again or are you slightly anxious like me?

Bring me my brown pants

They actually said it would be easier this time round, as the level design has lightened up things, and made it simpler to navigate! They made mention of lights that would indicate directions and such!

So I feel a little bit better, but still gonna wear a diaper when I play!

Im exited to play the level again.
me and my friends used to play co-op and treat that level like firefight mode, so I became very familer with the level and able to navigate it with ease.
I don’t see why so many people are worried about the level.

Yeah, the level wasn’t complicated or confusing, just very annoying and repetitive. But I’m still looking forward to it now :smiley:

How come I’m the only one that found that level easy? It was a bit repetitive to me but I had a good formula; assault rifle for killing infection forms and shotgun for combat forms and carriers.

When I first played The Library, I got lost several times because there are areas that look very similar to other areas. However, I soon realized to head in the opposite direction of the bodies. Hopefully the updated graphics will allow for easier navigation.

> Bring me my brown pants

One of the funniest jokes ever (not really) but I am going to dread every second of it.

> Hello, this is my first post in this board and I really don’t know if this has been discussed but it might have.
>
> Anyway The library on Halo CE was one of the most daunting and scariest levels when I was younger. And to think that the flood will be back but with updated graphics haunts me.
>
> Are you happy to re-do this level again or are you slightly anxious like me?

I’m slightly anxious. Like you, when I was younger I HATED the levels 343 Guilty Spark and The Library because they were just creepy and scary. Years later I still feel nervous replaying those levels. And honestly, that was kinda the fun of them. I hope the updated Flood aren’t a disappointment, but from what I’ve seen, I think they’ll look great.

> Im exited to play the level again.
> me and my friends used to play co-op and treat that level like firefight mode, so I became very familer with the level and able to navigate it with ease.
> I don’t see why so many people are worried about the level.

Legendary… thats why.

This time around… Legendary LASO or mythic… (Ahhhh yeeaah)

If I can start the level with a shotgun, I’ll be happy.

I have memorized The Library, and it’s one of my favorite levels of all time.

God I can’t wait to play CEA.

> They actually said it would be easier this time round, as the level design has lightened up things, and made it simpler to navigate!

To be honest, I’m a bit confused about that. Navigating through the Library has never been a problem for me. It’s not like there are multiple routes through it. So why are people having problems?

I can’t wait to see the Pillar of Autumn in all its destroyed glory.

Cant wait for the Library,

personaly the experience would have been much more, if you saw the Cheif, who fought nonstop for days on end, collapse from extreme exhaustion after the level, but hey thats just me.

> > Im exited to play the level again.
> > me and my friends used to play co-op and treat that level like firefight mode, so I became very familer with the level and able to navigate it with ease.
> > I don’t see why so many people are worried about the level.
>
> Legendary… thats why.
>
> This time around… Legendary LASO or mythic… (Ahhhh yeeaah)

I cant count how many times a rage quit, nor how long it took me to complete the Library on Legendary,

then with skulls???

Oh Hell No!

I did The Library on Solo Legendary a few times. I hope it’s still going to be the most difficult campaign mission, it made it that much more sweet to finally beat it.

> Im exited to play the level again.
> me and my friends used to play co-op and treat that level like firefight mode, so I became very familer with the level and able to navigate it with ease.
> I don’t see why so many people are worried about the level.

I’m hoping that the unique Firefight mode, in CEA, is a Flood variant, which is based within a similar area as The Library. That would be sweet.

I always loved the atmosphere of The Library, and can’t wait to play through it it again in beautiful HD.

The Library was always my -Yoink-. :smiley:

I was wondering, do you guys think 343i will have its own “Challenges” menu tab in CE:A and have the credits go towards multiplayer in Reach? If so, I think it would be quite awesome to have challenges specifically made for the CE:A campaign. For example, for a weekly challenge, you would have to complete “The Library” LASO on Heroic or harder with all skulls on. For a daily challenge it would be something like, kill 150 grunts today in the campaign on Normal or harder . If they added this feature in the game, I believe it would add a HUGE amount of replayability. I love me some replayability :smiley: