The Library must be DARKER not LIGHTER

I recently just watched the Halo: CEA, Behind The Scenes: Campaign.

I LOVED IT!!!

Except, for the fact that, The Library is easier and lighted… I’m sorry, but I personally think it should be much harder. I hope 343 makes it back to normal, or darker.

If there’s flood, 343 should make it, 15% darker than the original, and foggy. What I ask for, is to be frightened, I ask to play "The Library" and wiz my pants off. I don’t want it to be The Exorsist, or something like that. But I ask for a more… Unexpected feeling, like Halo 3. On the last level Halo. When the floor is crashing right behind you, your adreniline pumps, your heart pounds and it’s so much awesomeness. I ask to feel like “OMGWTFBBQ h0Ly ShItZ!” Anyway, I think The Library should be darker and foggy, or back to normal with good graphics.

Thanks 343,
BadassFlintGT

yeah i agr- wait OMGWTF<mark>BBQ</mark>!?!

chuckles i find it amusing im discussing this in a different section of the forum

I agree why cater to younger people who haven’t played it, it’s a simple level design.

Classic mode?

> Classic mode?

LoL, love how you added that in. People easily forget stuff on this forum haha.

You sir, are saluted.

> Classic mode?

+1

> > Classic mode?
>
> LoL, love how you added that in. People easily forget stuff on this forum haha.
>
> You sir, are saluted.

Nobody forgot anything. The existence of classic mode does not mean that people have no reason to be critical of aesthetic choices in the remastered graphics. Especially since people already own a game which is rather similar to classic mode.

They need to find a balance between showing off their new visuals + assisting players with map navigation

and keeping the scary, dark, suspenseful mood of the flood levels.

Sure there is classic mode but I’d rather not have too light a library to go through in new graphics.

At this point, nothing is going to change. The game has already gone Gold, which means that there will be no further tampering with the game, so the Library stays as is.

On the other hand, I have to agree somewhat that I’m a bit disappointed in the recreation, but mainly that it’s a bit on the lighter side. Let’s face it, the original Library level was cluttered to navigate, so I’m happy they put an effort into making that easier. However, easier navigation doesn’t mean the level itself is going to be any less difficult to survive on Legendary. You didn’t die because you got lost :wink:

> I recently just watched the Halo: CEA, Behind The Scenes: Campaign.
>
> I LOVED IT!!!
>
> Except, for the fact that, The Library is easier and lighted… I’m sorry, but I personally think it should be much harder. I hope 343 makes it back to normal, or darker.
>
> If there’s flood, 343 should make it, 15% darker than the original, and foggy. What I ask for, is to be frightened, I ask to play "The Library" and wiz my pants off. I don’t want it to be The Exorsist, or something like that. But I ask for a more… Unexpected feeling, like Halo 3. On the last level Halo. When the floor is crashing right behind you, your adreniline pumps, your heart pounds and it’s so much awesomeness. I ask to feel like “OMGWTFBBQ h0Ly ShItZ!” Anyway, I think The Library should be darker and foggy, or back to normal with good graphics.
>
>
>
> Thanks 343,
> BadassFlintGT

I realise that you loved the old library, I did too, but think about how it would have looked like in HD. Just high-def grey walls everywhere. I like the fact that 343 is making it a bit more impressive, even if it might decrease the amount of horror you feel with a horde of flood on your heels. it’s still the same library though, just with pretty colors on the walls :stuck_out_tongue:

> They need to find a balance between showing off their new visuals + assisting players with map navigation
>
> and keeping the scary, dark, suspenseful mood of the flood levels.
>
> Sure there is classic mode but I’d rather not have too light a library to go through in new graphics.

There’s always floodlights. Notice the lights on The Ark at mission start. They turn on when you approach them. Such lights are also on Sierra 117.

The Library could have still be dark and have lights simultaneously.

> > They need to find a balance between showing off their new visuals + assisting players with map navigation
> >
> > and keeping the scary, dark, suspenseful mood of the flood levels.
> >
> > Sure there is classic mode but I’d rather not have too light a library to go through in new graphics.
>
> There’s always floodlights. Notice the lights on The Ark at mission start. They turn on when you approach them. Such lights are also on Sierra 117.
>
> The Library could have still be dark and have lights simultaneously.

Aye make it look good but it could still be hard going if you don’t understand the way

343i CLEARLY STATED in almost every single one of their videos on Halo: CEA that they want to keep the original feel of the game. Sorry sir, no packets are being lost in your connection today.

There’s a video that switches between the two, and at first I was like ‘well, this is a bit bright’, and then it switched to the original and I was like ‘wow, I can’t really see anything’. If anything you can just adjust the darkness on your TV a bit, but I don’t mind the new lighting.

I say play classic and lower the darkness in game to best suit ur preference.

Put the light, color and contrast of your TV to “1” and slightly unplug the phono wire between it and the xbox. Then tape shut your back button.

Good to go.

> Put the light, color and contrast of your TV to “1” and slightly unplug the phono wire between it and the xbox. Then tape shut your back button.
>
> Good to go.

that or he could switch to classic and then turn off his or hers tv.

Sadly, all the game isn’t darker with the new graphics.
The idea of them is only to be good, not the ideas that bungie had.
I agree in what they should do.

I personally loved Library in CE.

And for me, it should not be darker.