The librarian is a traitor and didact did right.

As she says, she rather give the so called mantle to humanity then help Didact.

Before the war between Humans and Forerunners started with the destrioing on the Forerunner planet cuz of the flood life shown, both was well evolved in the technoligy, so why not just make a simple ‘‘phone call’’ and tell them about the discovery.
Even tho they fighted for milleniums they dident even bother to explain to the Forerunners why they did what they did and why they are fleeying. Both sides rather go all out full war, especially the humans when they are hunted. No logic!

So i kinda understand Didacts hate for humanity when they cant tell a simply explanation and show some proff about the Flood when they have technoligy like they hade during that event.

Telling them would have made more sense.

However, by the time the Forerunners confirmed that the humans were telling the truth, the Flood would have spread.

Explaining later probably wouldn’t have gone done well either, since for all the Forerunners know, they could have been lying and made it up to cover their own invasion.

I actually feel sorry for the Didact. Betrayed by his wife who favoured an entirely different species over her own. Millions of his people died, all he did was defend them in retaliation and in response to the Human attacks on Forerunner worlds. It’s a great tragedy really.

All it would have taken was a simple phone call.

“Yo Forerunners, you’re world(s) are infected with Flood. Let’s work together and purge this parasite. For the greater good as you’d say yourselves.”

this is explained in the terminals, the pre humans chose not to explain this until the flood was eradicated but that didn’t happened since the forerunners started attacking them. the ur didact which became mad sought vengeance and was griefed by the loss of his children would use the humans as digital bio life aka the composer but it didn’t work properly and ruined the people who got composed, the ur didact did not care and kept on trying to compose the humans but was ultimately stopped by librarian. the pre humans were actually supposed to be the one who was getting the mantle of responsibility, the forerunners attacked the precursors thinking that the precursors would eradicate them since they proved not to be able to hold mantle of responsibility.

Yeah it is a shame how really just communicating would’ve solved many a thing.

But at the same time, the concept of the Mantle and Forerunner adherence to it, particularly the Didact’s fondness for the Forerunners to be the sole race to posses that right and might, makes it sound as though Humanity’s actions were “illegal” (if that’s a proper term to use). Had the flood threat been confirmed it would not be surprising for the Didact’s arrogance and belief in Forerunner supremacy cloud his judgment to the point of not allowing Humanity to co-op the responsibilities of safeguarding life in the galaxy.

> 2533274799483156;5:
> Yeah it is a shame how really just communicating would’ve solved many a thing.
>
> But at the same time, the concept of the Mantle and Forerunner adherence to it, particularly the Didact’s fondness for the Forerunners to be the sole race to posses that right and might, makes it sound as though Humanity’s actions were “illegal” (if that’s a proper term to use). Had the flood threat been confirmed it would not be surprising for the Didact’s arrogance and belief in Forerunner supremacy cloud his judgment to the point of not allowing Humanity to co-op the responsibilities of safeguarding life in the galaxy.

Well Humanity is the same thing. Humans just today think they stand above all other yet the day will come when we are proven wrong.

A example: A lion taken by humans to captivity, escpes a zoo in new york, kill 1 human, then lion get found and gets killed. So let me tell u right now what is ****ed up here!
First u take it to an enviorment hes not meant to live in and he escapes, and hes basic instict tell him to get food and there for he hunt kills a human then we kill it for killing a human when its taked to a city full of humans to just get looked at and where hes not meant to live. When humans hunt hes race for no point, we dont need him as for or we die… we just kill.

> 2533274944243845;4:
> the forerunners attacked the precursors thinking that the precursors would eradicate them since they proved not to be able to hold mantle of responsibility.

The Precursors saw the Humans a racfe responsible enough to hold the Mantle of Responsibility,
The Forerunners disliked the idea and wanted to attain the Mantle of Responsibility themselves which led to the Precursor-Forerunner war.

Forerunners didn’t believe the flood at first if I recall. You also see the, warning the forerunners thing. If they just try to warn them and stuff, then the flood would probably spread more.

> 2533274819012084;7:
> > 2533274944243845;4:
> > the forerunners attacked the precursors thinking that the precursors would eradicate them since they proved not to be able to hold mantle of responsibility.
>
>
> The Precursors saw the Humans a racfe responsible enough to hold the Mantle of Responsibility,
> The Forerunners disliked the idea and wanted to attain the Mantle of Responsibility themselves which led to the Precursor-Forerunner war.

no they mantle was intended for the forerunners but they didn’t seem fit to duty so they chose the humans, forerunners feared that the precursor would just eradicate them from excisting as they done with other races. so they did an suprise attack and basically caught them of guard killing a lot of them but it is believed that the precursors just let themselves loose the battle and die.

> 2533274944243845;9:
> > 2533274819012084;7:
> > > 2533274944243845;4:
> > > the forerunners attacked the precursors thinking that the precursors would eradicate them since they proved not to be able to hold mantle of responsibility.
> >
> >
> >
> > The Precursors saw the Humans a racfe responsible enough to hold the Mantle of Responsibility,
> > The Forerunners disliked the idea and wanted to attain the Mantle of Responsibility themselves which led to the Precursor-Forerunner war.
>
>
> but it is believed that the precursors just let themselves loose the battle and die.

The Precursors let themselves die for a reason.
What remained of the Precursors turned themselves into an advance crystal-powder in order to re-instate themselves into their original form,
The process went rogue, and instead of re-creating the Precursors they became an infectious form, thus the Flood came to be.

Humans and Forerunners fought long before the Human-Forerunner war we see end with the de-evolution of humanity. It was the last of the human-Forerunner WARS after all. Even if the humans had warned the Forerunners would they have believed them? What about the San 'Shyuum? They had ample time to warn the Forerunners yet didn’t.

The way i see it.

Both sides went full person during the course of the war.

Humans could have send footage videos of the flood, audio files, even living speciments and other data as evidence. But nooo they pull a stupid excuse out of their -Yoink- of “teh flud will spread faster if we warn them” well how about this:
-the human military do their work to stop the flood from spreading
-And let the non military staff do the work of warning the forerunners and provide hard evidence, c’mon forerunners can’t be that thickheaded to not believe that

Seriously it would literally takes seconds do send one single combat footage of the flood. Even a 6 year old kid with a smartphone and wifi could do better.

The war went on for a thousand years and none of this happened?Which clown made this blunder?

There was no guarantee the Forerunner would have listened. In fact, it was pointed out that the humans did eventually tell the Forerunner about the Flood but they thought it was just a made up excuse to invade Forerunner space. Even if the Forerunner believed them, there was still no reason to believe they would suddenly start working together. This is a lot like the UNSC and Insurrectionists at the start of the Human-Covenant War. The UNSC sat down and showed the Insurrectionist leaders evidence of the Covenant and they laughed in the UNSC’s face. They thought it was all made up and didn’t take the threat seriously until the first Innie world was attacked by the Covenant. Even then the UNSC and Insurrectionists remained in conflict with each other, even as the Covenant threatened all of humanity.

> 2533274821899466;3:
> I actually feel sorry for the Didact. Betrayed by his wife who favoured an entirely different species over her own. Millions of his people died, all he did was defend them in retaliation and in response to the Human attacks on Forerunner worlds. It’s a great tragedy really.
>
> All it would have taken was a simple phone call.
>
> “Yo Forerunners, you’re world(s) are infected with Flood. Let’s work together and purge this parasite. For the greater good as you’d say yourselves.”

Yes. If an Alien species came to save Earth from Human destruction I’d gladly let you perish… Thats like saying if I’m white I will protect the other white man right or wrong because hes white.

No it was not that simple to call the Forerunners.

Because the Forerunners lived and died by the Mantle. They would’ve tried to stop the Flood by trying to cure it, which would’ve been disastrous as the Forerunners found out first hand when the Flood returned.

> 2533274809220485;8:
> Forerunners didn’t believe the flood at first if I recall. You also see the, warning the forerunners thing. If they just try to warn them and stuff, then the flood would probably spread more.

Spread more? They won anyway… Why u think they activated the rings.

> 2533274899865802;16:
> > 2533274809220485;8:
> > Forerunners didn’t believe the flood at first if I recall. You also see the, warning the forerunners thing. If they just try to warn them and stuff, then the flood would probably spread more.
>
>
> Spread more? They won anyway… Why u think they activated the rings.

They won…at the cost of cleansing the entire galaxy yet the Flood is still around on the Halos and outside the galaxy. Right, they won.

> 2533274827562449;14:
> > 2533274821899466;3:
> > I actually feel sorry for the Didact. Betrayed by his wife who favoured an entirely different species over her own. Millions of his people died, all he did was defend them in retaliation and in response to the Human attacks on Forerunner worlds. It’s a great tragedy really.
> >
> > All it would have taken was a simple phone call.
> >
> > “Yo Forerunners, you’re world(s) are infected with Flood. Let’s work together and purge this parasite. For the greater good as you’d say yourselves.”
>
> Yes. If an Alien species came to save Earth from Human destruction I’d gladly let you perish… Thats like saying if I’m white I will protect the other white man right or wrong because hes white.
> You’re going to have to rephrase that completely, because I have absolutely no idea what point or reasoning you were trying to put across.
>
> Humans went to Forerunner worlds, found the Flood infestation and started to cleanse the planets, killing millions of Forerunners. The Didact retaliated in defence, naturally, but also because he had no idea that the Humans were trying to stop the Flood.
>
> Why would an alien species save Earth from Humans, when we live on Earth? It’s our home world. Unless you’re trying to reverse my statement, but then…
> If Earth was infected with Flood and an alien species turned up out the blue, I’d much prefer that they attempt communication rather than start killing millions of Humans.
>
> I guess this would be a case of morality vs time .
> It’s well established that the Humans probably didn’t have the time to tell the Forerunners, and the Forerunner fleet were already on course to intercept the Humans.
>
> But in any case,
> I’d be pretty pissed off, if my family, my children, my friends all died innocently because some species felt the need to just fly in and start blitzing everywhere. I’d much rather stand with them and take the problem head on.
>
> #Unity,
> No?

> 2533274821899466;18:
> > 2533274827562449;14:
> > > 2533274821899466;3:
> > > I actually feel sorry for the Didact. Betrayed by his wife who favoured an entirely different species over her own. Millions of his people died, all he did was defend them in retaliation and in response to the Human attacks on Forerunner worlds. It’s a great tragedy really.
> > >
> > > All it would have taken was a simple phone call.
> > >
> > > “Yo Forerunners, you’re world(s) are infected with Flood. Let’s work together and purge this parasite. For the greater good as you’d say yourselves.”
> >
> >
> > Yes. If an Alien species came to save Earth from Human destruction I’d gladly let you perish… Thats like saying if I’m white I will protect the other white man right or wrong because hes white.
> > You’re going to have to rephrase that completely, because I have absolutely no idea what point or reasoning you were trying to put across.
> >
> > Humans went to Forerunner worlds, found the Flood infestation and started to cleanse the planets, killing millions of Forerunners. The Didact retaliated in defence, naturally, but also because he had no idea that the Humans were trying to stop the Flood.
> >
> > Why would an alien species save Earth from Humans, when we live on Earth? It’s our home world. Unless you’re trying to reverse my statement, but then…
> > If Earth was infected with Flood and an alien species turned up out the blue, I’d much prefer that they attempt communication rather than start killing millions of Humans.
> >
> > I’d be pretty pissed off, if my family, my children, my friends all died innocently because some species felt the need to just fly in and start blitzing everywhere. I’d much rather stand with them and take the problem head on.
> >
> > #Unity,
> > No?

You feel sorry for the Didact. I was simply giving you a referendum of the Librarian’s decision. Sure she technically betrayed him, but he betrayed the mantle of LIFE. RAWR,

> 2533274944243845;9:
> no they mantle was intended for the forerunners but they didn’t seem fit to duty so they chose the humans, forerunners feared that the precursor would just eradicate them from excisting as they done with other races. so they did an suprise attack and basically caught them of guard killing a lot of them but it is believed that the precursors just let themselves loose the battle and die.

The Forerunners were never intended to hold the Mantle. The Precursors choose Humanity over them and in their rage and fear of being wiped out by the Precursors. Decided to strike first. The Precursors never fought back and instead died, few escaped the reach of the Forerunners by going to other galaxies

> 2533274899865802;1:
> As she says, she rather give the so called mantle to humanity then help Didact.
>
> Before the war between Humans and Forerunners started with the destrioing on the Forerunner planet cuz of the flood life shown, both was well evolved in the technoligy, so why not just make a simple ‘‘phone call’’ and tell them about the discovery.
> Even tho they fighted for milleniums they dident even bother to explain to the Forerunners why they did what they did and why they are fleeying. Both sides rather go all out full war, especially the humans when they are hunted. No logic!
>
> So i kinda understand Didacts hate for humanity when they cant tell a simply explanation and show some proff about the Flood when they have technoligy like they hade during that event.

The mantle was never theirs to hold …she realized this after things started going down hill and that humanity was trying to help get rid of the flood and that the ‘aggressive’ behavior that she saw humanity exhibiting was because they were simply trying to survive and get away from the Flood. The forerunners would not have believed the humans glassing their worlds was the result of a galaxy wide threat. They thought it was simply an excuse for their rapid expansion into their realm of influence and control.
The Didact’s hate for humanity stems from 2 things - the large number of deaths to forerunners including his children… and the fact he was mind screwed by a Gravemind when he was placed in a burn by the Master Builder. I suggest you read the Forerunner Saga - it answers a lot of your questions and explains the lead up to the Halo Array being fired. Regardless of the forerunner’s and ancient humanity’s weapons - the flood had a unique ability to use its enemies technology against them…They were the only ones other than the Precursors themselves to be able to utilize Star Roads and warp slipspace to the point to where it was dangerous to even use toward the end of the Forerunner-Flood War.