The Legendary symbol should be a Brute skull

Halo has usually had the Elite skull as its legendary symbol, and it fit for its time since Elites had more authority and renown in the Covenant. But now that the Banished are in the front and center stage, it should be a Brute skull like they did with Halo Wars 2 since Brutes founded the Banished and are the backbone of it. The only reason 343 wouldn’t possibly do this is because the Elite skull is simply more iconic and nostalgic, but I’m under the mindset that the Brutes should get all of the spotlight they can, and something like this is one such spotlight.

> 2535422938193967;1:
> Halo has usually had the Elite skull as its legendary symbol, and it fit for its time since Elites had more authority and renown in the Covenant. But now that the Banished are in the front and center stage, it should be a Brute skull like they did with Halo Wars 2 since Brutes founded the Banished and are the backbone of it. The only reason 343 wouldn’t possibly do this is because the Elite skull is simply more iconic and nostalgic, but I’m under the mindset that the Brutes should get all of the spotlight they can, and something like this is one such spotlight.

That make sense. But, I think they’ll kept the Elite skull because it’s more iconic, like you said, and because this is a main line game unlike Halo Wars which is a spin-off.

You never know, perhaps the Elites will take over again in Infinite.

> 2533274824050480;3:
> You never know, perhaps the Elites will take over again in Infinite.

Not for a while. This is the big comeback for Brutes. Elites already have enough renown

Well in Halo 3, there weren’t Elites to fight, Brutes were the main enemies. But the Elite skull is more well known.

In ODST they use a human skull for legendary if I’m not mistaken. Different variants have been done before (in non-mainline Halo games, mind you), but the elite skull is quite iconic.

I can see it going both ways at this point. As usual, time will tell.

or you know how about a new difficulty Like Brutal, Brutality… or Brutally

sorry/not sorry for that

> 2535431751471835;5:
> Well in Halo 3, there weren’t Elites to fight, Brutes were the main enemies. But the Elite skull is more well known.

Even though the Brutes were the main thing in Halo 3, the Covenant in general has always been associated with Elites more. The Elites and Prophets founded the Covenant, and it was the Elites that were the face of the Covenant for hundreds, even thousands of years up until the very end. With the Banished, the Brutes founded it and predominantly rule it

While I’d be ok with it, I don’t think 343 wants to fight that battle with all of the fans who would surely be upset. Think about those poor guys who have the symbol tattooed on their body :blush:

> 2535422938193967;8:
> > 2535431751471835;5:
> > Well in Halo 3, there weren’t Elites to fight, Brutes were the main enemies. But the Elite skull is more well known.
>
> Even though the Brutes were the main thing in Halo 3, the Covenant in general has always been associated with Elites more. The Elites and Prophets founded the Covenant, and it was the Elites that were the face of the Covenant for hundreds, even thousands of years up until the very end. With the Banished, the Brutes founded it and predominantly rule it

> 2535431933064458;9:
> While I’d be ok with it, I don’t think 343 wants to fight that battle with all of the fans who would surely be upset. Think about those poor guys who have the symbol tattooed on their body :blush:

Yeah, as nice a touch as it would be, I can’t see the iconic logo being dropped

> 2533274868747146;7:
> or you know how about a new difficulty Like Brutal, Brutality… or Brutally
>
> sorry/not sorry for that

I like that idea, Brutal sounds way more hardcore than legendary, maybe it’ll be a bonus difficulty for beating the game on legendary.

I’m down for that. It makes sense, though the Elite skull is way more iconic so that also makes sense. It would be nice to change things up a little bit, though. Make the OGs go, “wait a minute…”

> 2533274868747146;7:
> or you know how about a new difficulty Like Brutal, Brutality… or Brutally
>
> sorry/not sorry for that

I get the idea, but I’ll have to disagree with a new difficulty. The current setup is perfect and I just don’t think it’ll fit well with the others.