The Legacy unlocks thread

Lets have some legacy unlocks in halo 5.

Seeing as the new xbox has achievement tracking for all our old games and will award achievements for collective achievement across a series this would be a good opportunity for 343 to add some legacy unlocks. (Of course Waypoint also tracks our achievements too).

I was thinking a super unlock for having all the halo achievements.

And several smaller ones, for playing each game/completing the campaigns (on legendary?), say ODST armour for ODST.

Gears of War 3 had a similar system which fans seemed to really like,

[deleted]

> The problem is that Halo 5 achievements should revolve around Halo 5. Rewarding me for completing Halo 4, is irrelevant to Halo 5.

Not really makes loyal fans feel more appreciated and rewards achievement hunters such as myself and the OP and it would allow for more exotic armour variants so Id say bring em back

Also hes not on about halo 5’s achievements he means in game unlocks earned by doing stuff in previous games

[deleted]

Bring back the Legacy section on the Service Records from Reach, those were cool and you could see how experienced the guys you’re matched up with are.

Reach also had Waypoint unlocks for certain armor perms like CQB and Military Police, which didn’t hurt anybody and added a cool new way to unlock armors. Credit system was annoying, but Halo 4’s commendations are only just as annoying because of the ludicrous requirements for some of them. A combination of Achievement unlocks, Legacy unlocks, Rank unlocks, and Commendation unlocks would be great.

As long as those Legacy unlocks are handled like they were for Reach through Waypoint I won’t have a problem with it.

> > > The problem is that Halo 5 achievements should revolve around Halo 5. Rewarding me for completing Halo 4, is irrelevant to Halo 5.
> >
> > Not really makes loyal fans feel more appreciated and rewards achievement hunters such as myself and the OP and it would allow for more exotic armour variants so Id say bring em back
> >
> > Also hes not on about halo 5’s achievements he means in game unlocks earned by doing stuff in previous games
>
> This is Fred. Fred is interested in Halo 5, and is finally old enough, so that his overbearing mother wont restrict games that have a mature rating. Fred spends a lot of time on the game, but he can’t unlock that fire helmet his friend has. He google his situation, only to learn that he needs to play Halo ODST! Oh no! As if it couldn’t get any worse, he has to complete it on legendary. As if it still couldn’t get any worse, he can’t seem to find it at his local shop! Now Fred has to order it from amazon! But oh no, he doesn’t have an account or an credit card! How could Fred’s day get any worse?
>
> This might be a terrible example, but you get the point.

True but thats tough luck and besides it rewards past players and those who dont still get a lot of gold stuff
Its like how pre-order bonus works thats exactly how I felt when I couldnt get FOTUS but I simply said thats kinda annoying but oh well after 2 seconds of thought and this stuff makes people seem more unique with the armour and get something out of achievements in game.

I completed reach and halo 4 fully and nearly have ODST, halo 3, CEA, and wars nearly completed (less so on wars) so why shouldnt I get anything. Also this could be solved by making the halo 5 unlocks cool as well. People moan because they have to complete it on LS if they want it theyll get it.
I noticed the the LS achievement for reach and spent a whole week for it (with school) and was kind of disappointed that I didnt get anything which is kind of a different version of the same problem Fred has

Plus it would be a smart business move by 343 as it would encourage people to buy the old games and get invested in the narrative and the franchise. (I know only a few of the other games were made by 343 but they would still make money on those ones, and more money means more money spent developing the next halo game!)

I still gotta’ do CEA.
I should probably get that game.
Especially if there happens to be Legacy Unlocks in Halo 5.
I agree whole-heartedly.
I worked hard for some of these Campaigns, and want more of a reward.

Thanks for the support II Pure3 II!

I want almost everything from Halo 4 to be Legacy unlocks.

Make commendations that you got in Halo 4 already completed when you get Halo 5 and then add new commendations for new weapons and such. If I get the PP and perfection commendations it’d be nice not to have to do it again. But I suppose ones for game types that no longer exist and Halo 4’s Campaign commendations wouldn’t make any sense.

If you’ve got the Pathfinder armor in Halo 4 you can get it immediately in Halo 5

Take your rank from Halo 4 and that can be your starting point in Halo 5. They could increase the rank cap and add new specializations.

Your Spartan IVs career is cannon so I feel like I shouldn’t lose my commendations and Equipment for no reason.

> > > The problem is that Halo 5 achievements should revolve around Halo 5. Rewarding me for completing Halo 4, is irrelevant to Halo 5.
> >
> > Not really makes loyal fans feel more appreciated and rewards achievement hunters such as myself and the OP and it would allow for more exotic armour variants so Id say bring em back
> >
> > Also hes not on about halo 5’s achievements he means in game unlocks earned by doing stuff in previous games
>
> This is Fred. Fred is interested in Halo 5, and is finally old enough, so that his overbearing mother wont restrict games that have a mature rating. Fred spends a lot of time on the game, but he can’t unlock that fire helmet his friend has. He google his situation, only to learn that he needs to play Halo ODST! Oh no! As if it couldn’t get any worse, he has to complete it on legendary. As if it still couldn’t get any worse, he can’t seem to find it at his local shop! Now Fred has to order it from amazon! But oh no, he doesn’t have an account or an credit card! How could Fred’s day get any worse?
>

Fred can save up his money, buy a X360 and some microsoft points. Then he can download Halo 3: ODST. Or borrow the game from a friend.

But who really jumps into a series on the 5th game anyway. He probably wont even understand the plot of the game.

Sucks to be Fred.

> > > > The problem is that Halo 5 achievements should revolve around Halo 5. Rewarding me for completing Halo 4, is irrelevant to Halo 5.
> > >
> > > Not really makes loyal fans feel more appreciated and rewards achievement hunters such as myself and the OP and it would allow for more exotic armour variants so Id say bring em back
> > >
> > > Also hes not on about halo 5’s achievements he means in game unlocks earned by doing stuff in previous games
> >
> > This is Fred. Fred is interested in Halo 5, and is finally old enough, so that his overbearing mother wont restrict games that have a mature rating. Fred spends a lot of time on the game, but he can’t unlock that fire helmet his friend has. He google his situation, only to learn that he needs to play Halo ODST! Oh no! As if it couldn’t get any worse, he has to complete it on legendary. As if it still couldn’t get any worse, he can’t seem to find it at his local shop! Now Fred has to order it from amazon! But oh no, he doesn’t have an account or an credit card! How could Fred’s day get any worse?
> >
> > This might be a terrible example, but you get the point.
>
> Fred can save up his money, buy a X360 and some microsoft points. Then he can download Halo 3: ODST. Or borrow the game from a friend.
>
> But who really jumps into a series on the 5th game anyway. He probably wont even understand the plot of the game.
>
> Sucks to be Fred.

Ha ha! Well put, great post!

I’d love the Legacy unlocks to make a comeback.

It was fun earning the CQB and MP helmets in Reach. I’d like to see a return of that.

Mark V for beating CEA on Legendary, ODST for ODST on Legendary, Master Chief’s Mark VI for beating Halo 4 on Legendary…stuff like that.

That’s not a problem!

> >
> >
>
>

The point is Fred needs to put his big boy pants on so his day isn’t ruined so easily.

I think that we are all forgetting something with the Legacy Unlocks idea…

The Xbox One is NOT backwards compatible!

While this could have been a good idea that would lure people into the previous Halo games, and it would be a good way to expose the “current” generation of gamers to the vastly superior traditional Halo mechanics, the Xbox One is NOT backwards compatible, making it a nearly useless marketing technique…

> I think that we are all forgetting something with the Legacy Unlocks idea…
>
> The Xbox One is NOT backwards compatible!
>
> While this could have been a good idea that would lure people into the previous Halo games, and it would be a good way to expose the “current” generation of gamers to the vastly superior traditional Halo mechanics, the Xbox One is NOT backwards compatible, making it a nearly useless marketing technique…

Not really they still generate money from other games and regardless of the XB1 being backwards compatible it runs with the same XBL so why not after all not everyone will through away their 360 at least straight away
This would increase sales for the new 360 as well so it would be a good, subtle, cost effective (barely anything) business move my good sir

> > I think that we are all forgetting something with the Legacy Unlocks idea…
> >
> > The Xbox One is NOT backwards compatible!
> >
> > While this could have been a good idea that would lure people into the previous Halo games, and it would be a good way to expose the “current” generation of gamers to the vastly superior traditional Halo mechanics, the Xbox One is NOT backwards compatible, making it a nearly useless marketing technique…
>
> Not really they still generate money from other games and regardless of the XB1 being backwards compatible it runs with the same XBL so why not after all not everyone will through away their 360 at least straight away
> <mark>This would increase sales for the new 360 as well so it would be a good, subtle, cost effective (barely anything) business move my good sir</mark>

Why would they want to boost the sales of the 360 with the Xbox One barely clinging to survival after the DRM Controversy?

And if anything, I would expect that they would try to coax the consumers OFF the 360 like how they did to Windows 7 when the horrifically terrible Windows 8 came into the market.

The idea of Legacy Achievements could have been an extremely efficient tactic, but there is really no strategic way to implement it without any negative consequences.

> > > I think that we are all forgetting something with the Legacy Unlocks idea…
> > >
> > > The Xbox One is NOT backwards compatible!
> > >
> > > While this could have been a good idea that would lure people into the previous Halo games, and it would be a good way to expose the “current” generation of gamers to the vastly superior traditional Halo mechanics, the Xbox One is NOT backwards compatible, making it a nearly useless marketing technique…
> >
> > Not really they still generate money from other games and regardless of the XB1 being backwards compatible it runs with the same XBL so why not after all not everyone will through away their 360 at least straight away
> > <mark>This would increase sales for the new 360 as well so it would be a good, subtle, cost effective (barely anything) business move my good sir</mark>
>
> Why would they want to boost the sales of the 360 with the Xbox One barely clinging to survival after the DRM Controversy?
>
> And if anything, I would expect that they would try to coax the consumers OFF the 360 like how they did to Windows 7 when the horrifically terrible Windows 8 came into the market.
>
> The idea of Legacy Achievements could have been an extremely efficient tactic, but there is really no strategic way to implement it without any negative consequences.

Microsoft will still be selling their sub product the new 360 this ISNT their main concern hence why they will have to buy the XB1 to get halo 5 and to enjoy these unlocks

Their is little to no negative effects of implementing it other than the one explained earlier. So its very efficient

As long as it also includes halo wars!