The lack of good maps on H4

First off, this post does not only apply to matchmaking; it applies to Matchmaking, Forge, and Custom games. So this thread should not be redirected to Matchmaking at any time.

There are quite a few problems with many of the maps in this game.

• Over 75% of the maps are made for 6+ players teams.

• Unbalanced maps like exile promote unfair gameplay.

• Nearly all maps promote camping, because of tight corners.

• The lack of necessary forging tools on most maps.

• The majority of the maps do not have a clear point of control, which gives no incentive to engage outside of your spawn. (Which leads to poor map circulation, and easy spawntrapping)

• The addition of ordinance has replaced the need to challenge the other team for map control and powerweapons placed on the map.

Feel free to disagree or add to my list.

EDIT: Thanks to everyone for posting. It also irks me that even with the abundance of larger-scaled maps, they released a map pack with no small maps.

— It was tough for me to decide between Halo 2 and Halo 3 maps, but I had to side with Halo 3, mostly from the ideal that there was forge. With forge, MLG had endless possibilities, along with spawn and weapon options that weren’t a luxury in Halo 2.

Good on you. Clear and concise. The tight corners part not so much, but the rest is pretty spot on. However even so. I dont get pissed off at halo 4 like I did in reach. While those are all valid points. I just cant stop having fun when playing. In reach I got so bored fast because of how limited you were.

lol at all votes being halo 3 which is 100% true

The thing I find most disturbing regarding the maps is the lack of perfectly symmetrical maps.

Adrift is basically symmetrical, but has certain asymmetries that hinder the gameplay. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve tried throwing a grenade down Red Hall, only for it to hit one of those notches that come down from the ceiling and bounce back into my face. Also the boxes in the same hall that you can hide behind for cover, you can actually headshot enemies through them… I just killed an enemy player the other day, got him down to one-shot, he took cover behind one of the crates, and I shot a final BR burst through the crate to kill him. Sure it benefited me in that scenario, but the point is, it’s not something that can be done in Blue Hall. There are also some minor asymmetries in the lower halls too, but they aren’t really a big deal. One of my favorite maps in the game though, regardless. It’s like Sanctuary mixed with Wizard/Warlock, with some of the closed off hallways reminiscent of Countdown and layout-wise I think it works pretty well.

Solace would have been better if the bases were identical, not that it’s even that bad, I still enjoy the map despite some questionable sight-lines (or lack there-of). There seems to be too much cover out in the middle of the map.

Also Haven, the only true, small/symmetrical map in the game doesn’t even have symmetrical initial spawns! Why aren’t the spawns at Red and Blue ramps? No idea what 343 was thinking on that one… what a joke lol. Other than that, the map plays pretty well for the most part and would probably play even better with a respawn timer as opposed to instant respawns.

In the future though, I really hope they utilize the basic design function where they simply design half of a multiplayer space and then “mirror” it for a complete, perfectly symmetrical map. Of course it would need to be something arena-like, like Midship or The Pit or something, but that’s honestly what a lot of Halo fans want anyways, and for a game like Halo that’s always going to make for a more consistent, competitive match.

> lol at all votes being halo 3 which is 100% true

100% true for people that obviously haven’t played Halo CE or Halo 2…

1 Assembly - For an “areana” style map this one is pretty bad. Probably one of the worst Halo arena maps.

2 Avalanche - Is ok but it took away everything that gave me a sense of nostalgia from Sidewinder

3 Blackout - One of the most controversial maps in Halo history as it was a port of arguably the most popular map in Halo 2 “Lockout”. It wasn’t nearly as good and everything that was made competitive in Halo 2’s Lockout was killed with Halo 3’s gameplay and Blackout.

4 Citadel - Their is nothing special about this map. The middle is the worst mid to ever be in a Halo arena map.

5 Cold Storage - Suprisingly good map for being a remake of CE’s chill out. It once agained suffered from being Halo 3 gameplay but it was still none the less a good and free map.

6 Construct - Camp lifts to win. That is really the jist of it. It’s just bad map design all around.

7 Epitaph - One of those VETO! maps.

8 Foundry - Base Foundry was bad. It was ok for forging.

9 Ghost Town - While it was a unique map to Halo in general the layout was kind of bad. Lot’s of dead ends.

10 Guardian - One of the better maps in Halo 3 and as a Spiritual succesor to Lockout it was alright. Still not as good as Lockout though.

11 Heretic - A remake of a Halo 2 map that had no business in Halo 3. Halo 3’s gameplay wasn’t suited for maps this small. Plus the player models in Halo 3 felt bigger which made Heretic feel WAY too small.

12 High Ground - Great map fpr one sided objective and occasionally some FFA. One of the good Halo 3 maps.

13 Isolation - It’s another VETO! map. I presonally thought it was alright but the community at large would have disagreed in Halo 3’s prime.

14 Last Resort - One again take a Halo 2 map and try to make it work in Halo 3. Last Resort was a good map. Maybe even better than Zanzibar… It was still a remake from the far superiour Halo 2.

15 Longshore - A pretty bad BTB map all around. Fronk is the only thing that makes Longshore a somewhat memorable map.

16 Narrows - It’s an iffy map… It’s ok but it was entirely too easy to trap and if you were playing with anyone with half a brain cannoning was not an option.

17 Orbital - A “U” ontop of another “U” where encounters only happened in large cluster groups of randomness. I hate this map so bad.

18 Rat’s Nest - A decent map but nothing special. The loop was the only cool thing about the map. If you wanted to play Rat’s Nest on foot then you were just doing it wrong.

19 Sandbox - Base map was terrible. Forging capabilities made this map a good one.

20 Sandtrap - I don’t care what anyone says… This map and it’s setup are just bad. You are basically forced to use vehicles or be out in the open to get killed by vehicles or camp in the halls and play scared. The map was just bad. I knw it’s one of the communities favorite maps but I respectfully disagree.

21 Snowbound - This was the VETO! Map.

22 Standoff - It was an ok map but it was far too open and their was too much unused space on the map.

23 The Pit - This is another community favorite that I just can’t understand. The map is essentially two block rooms connected by six hallways. You have a really good chance of just not running into the other team. Sitback tactics are usually used on The Pit which lead to the most boring gameplay Halo has to offer.

24 Valhalla - It blew my mind that 343 chose to pick Valhalla over other BTB favorites like Containment, Terminal, Relic, Waterworks, or others from Halo 2. Valhalla isn’t bad by any account it’s just not great by any account either.

So basically out of all the Halo 3 maps the only ones I find even somewhat worth playing are High Ground, Guardian, and maybe Cold Storage. The worst part about that is… High Ground is essentially a spiritual successor to Zanzibar, Guardian is a spiritual successor to Lockout and Cold Storage is a flat out remake of Chill Out. AND they are all worse versions of their predecessors. Halo 3 has one map that I even think about which is Guardian. Halo 2 had Midship, Lockout, Terminal, Turf, Containment, Relic, Ascension, etc… Even the less popular maps like Colossus are much better than the likes of Epitaph, Isolation, and Snowbound.

Halo maps started to get bad during the Halo 3 era. CE had good maps CE PC exclusives were good and Halo 2 maps were awesome up until the last DLC. Then Halo 3 came out and pooped all over competitive map layouts and Reach did an even worse job. Halo 4 maps IMO are many many times better than both Halo 3 and Reach.

The only reason Halo 3 will have the most votes(like I said earlier) is because of the new players will always outnumber vets.

^I agree with some parts of this, but for the most part I still felt Halo 3 had some really quality maps overall… Not quite as good as Halo 2, but still much better than Reach or Halo 4.

Halo CE had some great maps too, no doubt, but there were also quite a few that didn’t strike me as being all that great either.

Reach was definitely where the noticeable drop-off in quality started in terms of maps for me (or maybe with Halo 3 DLC releases).

I have never played CE and Halo 2. I haven’t played a lot of Halo 3 but there are some good and some bad maps in that game.

Reach, those maps sucked, the only good on-disc map is Arena Zealot. But there are some okey forge maps.

Halo 4, Haven is a vary good map. Also, maps like Adrift and Solace is okey. I haven’t played much BTB but there are some good and some bad maps there.

So I vote for Halo 4, please dont hate me. But just as many of you think I also prefer simplier, smaller and symmetrical maps.

> > lol at all votes being halo 3 which is 100% true
>
> 100% true for people that obviously haven’t played Halo CE or Halo 2…
>
> Halo maps started to get bad during the Halo 3 era. CE had good maps CE PC exclusives were good and Halo 2 maps were awesome up until the last DLC. Then Halo 3 came out and pooped all over competitive map layouts and Reach did an even worse job. Halo 4 maps IMO are many many times better than both Halo 3 and Reach.
>
> The only reason Halo 3 will have the most votes(like I said earlier) is because of the new players will always outnumber vets.

100% agreed!

I really believe those who think Halo 3 was the best in the series in any way must’ve been new to the series at that point. Because quite frankly, everything H3 does well has been done better in CE and H2.

And when you talk about the best selection of maps, Halo 2 is the undisputed king.
Apart from Backwash (mostly due to the lag) there was no such thing as a bad map in that game.

> lol at all votes being halo 3 which is 100% true

snowbound. thats all i have to say.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Halo_multiplayer_maps

Ascension
A medium-sized asymmetrical map perched atop a large stack.[5]
Beaver Creek
A remake of Battle Creek, almost identical to the original.[6]
Burial Mounds
A large, asymmetrical map featuring hilly, uneven terrain.[7]
Coagulation
A remake of Blood Gulch. Very similar to the original, with a few changes.[8]
Colossus
A medium-sized symmetrical map set in a Forerunner gas plant.[9]
Foundation
A symmetrical, square-shaped map set in a testing facility in Chicago.
Headlong
A large, asymmetrical map set in an urban landscape on Earth.[10] Later remade as Breakneck for Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and Halo: Reach.
Ivory Tower
A medium-sized map set on the top floor of a skyscraper on Earth.[11] Later remade as Reflection for Halo: Reach.
Lockout
A small-to-medium-sized map. Later remade as Blackout for Halo 3. One of the most popular maps played on Xbox Live.[12]
Midship
A small, symmetrical map set on a Covenant space vessel.[13] Later remade as Heretic for Halo 3.
Waterworks
A huge map set inside a gigantic subterranean cavern, well-suited to game types involving vehicles.[14]
Zanzibar
A medium-to-large-sized map set on the shoreline on Earth. Features a large emblematic rotating wheel.[15] Later remade as Last Resort for Halo 3.
[edit]Later releases
Containment
A huge outdoor map set on Installation 05.
Warlock
A remake of the Halo: Combat Evolved map Wizard.
Sanctuary
A medium-sized symmetrical map set in an old ruin on Installation 05. A remake of the map was included with Halo: Reach in the form of a custom variant of Forge World.
Turf
A small map set in a claustrophobic urban environment on Earth.
Backwash
A medium-sized symmetrical map built around a Forerunner structure on Installation 05.
Elongation
Remake of the Halo: Combat Evolved map Longest, with a few changes such as moving walkways along the two parallel corridors.
Gemini
A small asymmetrical map set on a huge Covenant space station.
Relic
A medium-to-large-sized outdoor map set on an island.
Terminal
A large asymmetrical map set in a railway station on Earth.
Desolation
Remake of the Halo: Combat Evolved map Derelict.
Tombstone
Remake of the Halo: Combat Evolved map Hang 'Em High

> Halo 2 Vista exclusives
> These maps were included with the PC version of the game.
> District
> A medium-to-large-sized map set in an urban environment on Earth.
> Example
> A placeholder map included with the game to demonstrate to users what can be done with the inbuilt map editor.
> Uplift
> A medium-to-large multiplayer map built around a Forerunner structure on Installation 05.

> > > lol at all votes being halo 3 which is 100% true
> >
> > 100% true for people that obviously haven’t played Halo CE or Halo 2…
> >
> > Halo maps started to get bad during the Halo 3 era. CE had good maps CE PC exclusives were good and Halo 2 maps were awesome up until the last DLC. Then Halo 3 came out and pooped all over competitive map layouts and Reach did an even worse job. Halo 4 maps IMO are many many times better than both Halo 3 and Reach.
> >
> > The only reason Halo 3 will have the most votes(like I said earlier) is because of the new players will always outnumber vets.
>
> 100% agreed!
>
> I really believe those who think Halo 3 was the best in the series in any way must’ve been new to the series at that point. Because quite frankly, everything H3 does well has been done better in CE and H2.
>
> And when you talk about the best selection of maps, Halo 2 is the undisputed king.
> Apart from Backwash (mostly due to the lag) there was no such thing as a bad map in that game.

collosus…? also, water works? kind of. i dunno i didnt like its gameplay but its artistic style drew me in.

> > > > lol at all votes being halo 3 which is 100% true
> > >
> > > 100% true for people that obviously haven’t played Halo CE or Halo 2…
> > >
> > > Halo maps started to get bad during the Halo 3 era. CE had good maps CE PC exclusives were good and Halo 2 maps were awesome up until the last DLC. Then Halo 3 came out and pooped all over competitive map layouts and Reach did an even worse job. Halo 4 maps IMO are many many times better than both Halo 3 and Reach.
> > >
> > > The only reason Halo 3 will have the most votes(like I said earlier) is because of the new players will always outnumber vets.
> >
> > 100% agreed!
> >
> > I really believe those who think Halo 3 was the best in the series in any way must’ve been new to the series at that point. Because quite frankly, everything H3 does well has been done better in CE and H2.
> >
> > And when you talk about the best selection of maps, Halo 2 is the undisputed king.
> > Apart from Backwash (mostly due to the lag) there was no such thing as a bad map in that game.
>
> collosus…? also, water works? kind of. i dunno i didnt like its gameplay but its artistic style drew me in.

Waterworks was great on BTB. Especially on Objectives. I really can’t say anything bad about it.
Collossus certainly wasn’t amongst the best of the H2 maps. But I wouldn’t call it bad. Sightlines were huge, granted. But the BR back then wasn’t as much of a semi sniper like the DMR is now. You could get hit from all over the map, but getting killed from one side to the other is something that didn’t happen to me often. My only gripe is that the map was a bit too big. If it was focussed more on the elevator area the map would’ve been a bit more fun to play.

Over 75% of the maps are made for 6+ players teams

Agreed. While I understand where 343 is coming from with all of these BTB maps, they are missing half of what Halo is. Small to medium sized competitive maps are the heart and sole of 4vs4 team slayer and team objective games. BTB maps offer a completely different style of Halo. When I player large maps in the Halo franchise I feel like I’m playing a different game entirely. That’s what I enjoyed about the franchise, that the Halo formula works good on smaller maps that rely on guns only and larger maps that rely on vehicles as well. Obviously medium sized maps with a couple vehicles have their place too.

Unbalanced maps promote unfair gameplay.

Halo has always had a very strong competitive following. There is a reason why Halo was the top MLG game and competitively played FPS with televised matches. Maps were balanced, gameplay was balanced. Basically you could remove almost every element of chance and make the winner earn his win. 343 has toned down the competitive feel of the maps, it’s like they are 80% there on most maps then do a few minor things that effect the balance. Not all maps have to be symmetrical, it spices things up but some of the spawns and flag placements need to be tweaked.

Complex CTF: The team with the flag out in the middle of the field has a huge advantage over the team who’s flag is sitting next to a lift. If you’re stealing the flag from the team who’s flag is next to the lift, you are so close to the lift that you can just lift away for a quick get away. If you’re trying to steal the flag on the other side of the map you have a lot of ground to cross. Yeah, you can bring it into the bunker, but then you still have an open gap to cross to get in the main building. And forget taking the flag the other way, even if you kill all of the enemies it’s such a wide open plain that you’re going to get DMR’d across the map. Complex could be a great CTF map with a few changes. Maybe add a tiny bit more cover in the open plain on Complex to even things out. Also change flag placement and spawns. I’d have to testplay the map with different flag placements to truly know what would work best but I have a few ideas (Flag in bunker bases on both sides maybe? Just an idea)

- Nearly all maps promote camping, because of tight corners.

The only map where I see this is a huge problem is Solace. The one area that everyone probably knows about is the base with the tight 90 degree corners to enter it. Solace is a map that would have been great competitive map had it been mirrored from the cave side. The cave side flows so much better than the tight cluttered rooms in the other base. Camping with the boltshot around these 90 degree tight bends shows how broken this map is. I ended up in a 5vs3 and I was on the team of three. The team of 5 decided to camp the base with tight corners and entrances and just exploited how broken the map was by abusing boltshot.

Abandon is another map that could have been an excellent competitive map if it was mirrored from the high base side. I feel like whenever my team spawns initially at high base we have the advantage. I wouldn’t perfectly mirror the map without tweaking a few other things and stretching it out. But Abandon is another map that was 80% of the way to being great.

Like someone else mentioned the **intial spawns on Haven should be across from each other so that it is 100% fair and symmetrical when the map begins.**This is a quick fix.

The majority of the maps do not have a clear point of control

A lot of Halo 4 maps fall in this category. The majority of these maps also share a common theme, they are circles. Big team maps are fun when they are a rectangle because you and your team have to push up the map and gain control to get objectives. These circle maps are literally a -Yoink- of action with no real clear point of control. Like you said, poor map circulation and easy spawntrapping.

The weirdest part of the map design in Halo 4 is that there are so many of these Circle Big Team Battle maps with no clear point of control. They are all so similar too; Vortex, Wreckage and Shatter almost all feel like the same map. Exile is another circle map but is not as bad because the map is almost divided in two. I enjoy playing on Exile, even if it’s not perfect. I didn’t get a lot of time playing Wreckage or Shatter yet but they seem very similar to Vortex. But I’ll hold my judgement on that.

• The addition of ordinance has replaced the need to challenge the other team for map control and powerweapons placed on the map.

This has changed the game. It doesn’t necessarily make it worse just different IMO. Completely changed the dynamic of Halo. I think for Big team it’s fine, but for 4vs4 I don’t really want it. Big team was always the game type to just let loose and have fun, I used it to take a break from the serious competitive play in the smaller teams games. I don’t think ordinance drops have a place in 4vs4. I remember the days when teams would battle over something as simple as a shotgun. The shotgun made you feel powerful, it was a strong weapon. You had to win the fight to get the shotgun, the you got the reward of using it against the other team. Same with the sniper. Teams entire strategies would change depending on what the other team was using. Now it’s rock paper scissors and you can’t really plan your strategy against the other team when all of the sudden your opponent is wielding a Saw. Again, it’s not that the game is bad with ordinance drops in 4vs4, I actually don’t have a huge problem with it. Ordinance drops have changed the Chess match that Halo used to be. The balance and strategy that made Halo so unique. I guess it removes weapon camping, and gives each team a fair chance in a way, the game is just different now. I’m 50/50 on this.

Other

Meltdown would be an AMAZING map with one simple change. Remove the Mantis. I got a chance to play this map in the team snipers playlist without the Mantis and this map improved 10x. Players were able to move freely all over the map and engage each other. Snipers on Meltdown was my favorite snipers map! Meltdown is also a map that I think would be great for CTF. Keep it old school vehicle wise; one warthog, one mongoose, one ghost for each team.

The mantis in general kind of ruins the fun of the other vehicles in the game. It doesn’t mesh well with the other vehicles and doesn’t suit Halo gameplay that well. Maybe if it was tweaked it could work for multiplayer but in it’s current form it breaks the fun of games. It has too much health, destroys the warthog too easily and breaks up the infantry based combat of the game. The great thing about Halo vehicles is that they didn’t take away from the infantry combat, the Mantis does. At least with the tank/wraith it was slow to turn around, couldn’t stomp on you and launch a barrage of missiles at you. If a tank/wraith was in the area you could continue combat around it by maneuvering in a circle motion once you were up close. The mantis is so fast, it’s like your facing a larger regular player with Uber guns.

Gametypes that NEED to be implemented.
Objective Games in Big team. Call it Big Team Infinity Battle
4vs4 or 5vs5 Team Objective. King of the Hill, Oddball, CTF

Variety of gametypes is what makes Halo fun

Impact, Ravine, Erosion

So let me get this straight. You have three worlds that shipped with the game yet you couldn’t make a simple map for each of these worlds. This would have added three more EXTREMELY needed maps to matchmaking. Just checkout forgehub and take the best map from each of these three world’s, include them in matchmaking and voila. Three more maps that are badly needed!

Warthog

Also the warthog is no longer the feared tool it once was. The beauty of the warthog was that it was feared but you could take it out with a well placed stick. At least with a frag you could flip it. It’s occupants can also be sniped out of the vehicle unlike the mantis. The more I talk about the mantis the more I feel it just doesn’t have a place in this game. To make the mantis work it’s movement would have to be slowed down, it’s turn speed slowed down. Also it shouldn’t be able to charge up it’s machine gun to full speed so fast. Maybe knock down it’s health by 10-15%. Nerf the rocket charge a bit. To be honest I just don’t like this addition. It’s one of those vehicles like the Hornet that has no place in Halo multiplayer. It’s really cool don’t get me wrong, but cool does not equal balanced or fun. For the greater good of big team this vehicle needs changes or an axe altogether. Not that it wasn’t a great effort by 343, it’s a really cool vehicle but it doesn’t vibe well with Halo multiplayer.

343 Almost has it.

I just wanted to say that I think 343 is like 80% of the way there with this game. The rest is just tweaks and changes that would put this game over the top. The game engine is great, the shooting mechanics are great, the game finding system is pretty smooth. It’s polished, everything is in place for greatness now we just need all of the final tweaks.

The population of the game has been on a downfall because of some really restricting and frustrating decisions on gametypes. The gametypes offered in matchmaking are really frustrating for long time Halo fans. Give the people what they want and we will in droves! CTF in Big Team. A Team Objective Playlist (why is oddball it’s own playlist, where is KOTH?). Team Snipers. Last but not least cater to the competitive crowd. Halo always had a strong competitive following. Even though in Halo 3 the MLG gametype was always a low population, Bungie kept it there because they knew how much it meant to that dedicated and hardcore crowd. By not including a more vanilla, skill based game type it’s like your giving your more dedicated fans to the old school Halo formula a big middle finger. We’ve been here since the beginning, we do welcome the new changes but having a plain jane skill based game type would make a lot of us happy. I know it’s the lowest population gametype but Bungie was able to give us a permanent MLG gametype can’t 343.

Also removing gametypes because they are not “popular” and just going by player populations is not fair when the gametypes that are being provided are not divided up properly to begin with. Even if only 2000-5000 people player Team snipers that is still a significant amount of people. If SWAT dropped to 1000 players, even though I don’t play it, it should still stay as a gametype because it’s now become part of the Halo multiplayer experience. SWAT is now a staple of Halo multiplayer just like Team Snipers was in previous Halo titles. And make it shotty/snipes. All of the uproar over gametypes could be fixed with this list:

Infinity Slayer
Big Team Infinity Slayer
FFA (Includes Regicide)
Team Objective (CTF, KOTH, Oddball, Regicide)
Flood
Dominion
Team Slayer “Pro” (Or MLG)
SWAT
Team Snipers (Should be shotty/snipes)
Grifball
Team Doubles
Forge Testing

Extraction* (I didn’t even get the chance to try this yet. Which shows how broken it is to control what players play. Give us freedom to choose. I’ve never played a shooter that controlled what people played! It’s so frustrating in Halo it makes me rage. In other shooters if there is some obscure gametype I can always go and play it even if the population is low. What are you going to do 343 when the Halo 4 pop drops, axe every gametype?)

If you were really picky you could even throw CTF, Extraction, Dominion, KOTH, Oddball into one playlist.

So simple! Everyone gets what they want. The way it stands now you are RESTRICTING people from playing what they bought the game to play. Things that have been included in the Halo franchise for years. You know how frustrating a feeling it is to be restricted from playing gametypes you love? Other video games don’t remove gametypes if they aren’t popular, people can continue to enjoy them with low population counts. It literally frustrates me inside that I can’t play CTF on big team battle maps, or KOTH on objective.

Forge Testing should be a permanent addition to Halo 4. Recognize the efforts that your fans are doing 343. People are devoting hundreds of hours into map making, making these beautiful maps that rival anything on matchmaking yet we can’t play them in matchmaking. Recognize the work your fans are doing by including MANY forged maps. The best maps from forgehub should constantly be included in Forge Testing and the very best into other game types. People are doing work for you by making amazing maps, this will boost sales if you keep including great maps. I’m sure the people over at forgehub would moderate and run this gametype free of charge.

Please think of the community. I feel like this great game was made yet the people in charge of controlling what we play have no idea of what we want. At this point this far after release fans are at their boiling points posting these long winded posts like myself. I never had to do this for Halo 2 or 3. The population of the game is dwindling and for valid reasons. We are getting frustrated playing this great game that is being restricted by the moderators who are controlling what gametypes we play. The game is 80% of the way there, please do all the people who made this great game the right thing by giving the fans what they want. Be on the communities side! We applaud your efforts making this great game but there are some easily fixible things that must be changed. Show us that you care!

Oh and I just saw this youtube clip. Hits every single point so hard…

I literally feel the rage inside of me. Who the hell is in charge of these decisions. Hire an ambassador to the fans to keep us happy. It wouldn’t take much to fix this. Whoever is the in control of these decisions is DAMAGING the fanbase, and making it frustrating to be a Halo fan. I went to play Halo 3 the other day just like the guy in this video, just to be able to play different maps! The voting system doesn’t work, we need variety. And you know what I had a great time playing Halo 3, just like the guy in the video. More maps, more competitive. Cater to all your fans. Yes the casual base is bigger but us fanatics have been supporting you since the beginning.

> It’s occupants can also be sniped out of the vehicle unlike the mantis. The more I talk about the mantis the more I feel it just doesn’t have a place in this game. To make the mantis work it’s movement would have to be slowed down, it’s turn speed slowed down. Also it shouldn’t be able to charge up it’s machine gun to full speed so fast. Maybe knock down it’s health by 10-15%. Nerf the rocket charge a bit. To be honest I just don’t like this addition. It’s one of those vehicles like the Hornet that has no place in Halo multiplayer. It’s really cool don’t get me wrong, but cool does not equal balanced or fun. For the greater good of big team this vehicle needs changes or an axe altogether. Not that it wasn’t a great effort by 343, it’s a really cool vehicle but it doesn’t vibe well with Halo multiplayer.

If it went slower it would be worthless. The Mantis is a hulking mech. It’s basically the Halo 2 tank. Why would you want to downgrade it? Your complaint is like saying the Rocket is OP. Something can’t be OP if it was mean’t to be OP. It’s something that the developers want to to fight over and control. It’s one of the most important things on any map at any given time. Plasma Pistol and stickies take it out so easy it’s not even funny. Aside from that I do agree that the Mantis could use a health reduction but if anything make the thing faster so people kinda want to take it out and play as some crazy giant mech and not as a long range turret. If you give people the chance to get cocky with the mech you’re also giving the other team a better chance to take it out. The slower they make the make the more a team will surround it and the less likely you’ll be able to take it out.

The only map made in halo 4 with competitive in mind is harvest and it still is a terrible map.

I’ll go out on a limb and say that Haven and Exile are two of the best Halo maps to date.

I think 343 is afraid of introducing too many remakes, because they want to establish their own identity and maps that’ll be remade in Halo 5 & 6.

343 needs to embrace Bungie and the past games. The campaign borrowed mission types from past Halo games, why can’t we have more remakes?

> The only map made in halo 4 with competitive in mind is harvest and it still is a terrible map.

I dont find any maps in Halo 4 truly competitive, but some are well-made. Like haven and adrift, I feel as those maps are well constructed and thought-out, but they were never meant to be competitive.

Torn between the amazingly well designed brilliance of Halo 2 whose only flaw was that some maps couldn’t decide as to whether they were competitive or fun

OR

Halo CE which has some great competitive spaces (some better than Halo 2), some really fun mess around maps (boarding action) and some terribly poor god awful maps.