The kill medals removed

Guys, I liked the kill medals. It let me know when one of my grenades, got a kill. Or when I assisted in killing someone, it gave me an assist medal. I don’t care too much at the end of the game if they added to my total medals, but I do care about it in the heat of battle.
If I chuck a nade, and it kills someone, I want to see the ‘grenade kill’ at the bottom.
If I get a nice headshot, or hell even if I shoot them in the toe, and it kills them, on a blue map, and they are blue, where I can’t really make out if I killed them from far away… I’d like some sort of indication that is easily noticeable that I killed them.

Yes, I do know that some people disliked the enormous amount of medals, but can’t we have a way to turn them on/off? I mean, they were able to phase them out really easily it seems, maybe they can make it an option and we can all be satisfied.

Anyway, thanks for looking, reply if you’d like! But… be constructive.

For just getting a kill with a power weapon or a generic kill? No. Medals should be given for actual feats instead of just being handed out with everything you do. In order to indicte a kill you could just get shown “+10” for a kill and “+5” for a assist (or whatever amount of points you get with it).

> 2533274870489921;2:
> For just getting a kill with a power weapon or a generic kill? No. Medals should be given for actual feats instead of just being handed out with everything you do. In order to indicte a kill you could just get shown “+10” for a kill and “+5” for a assist (or whatever amount of points you get with it).

Did you even read my comment? I said that at the end it doesn’t need to be added to our total medals, I just wanted something easily noticeable to indicate we got a kill in the heat of a battle.

What difference does it make? Seriously what difference does it -Yoinking!- make? Its not they are giving away killtacular medals. They just added a bunch of new medals.
They are “rewarding” people for whatever good they do during the match is that a bad thing? Its not like they are awarding medals for people that get killed.

Whenever you kill someone a tiny red X appears in the middle of your reticule.

From the Gamescom footage, I think from here on out we’re going to have to rely on the little details, like the red X and kill pings to keep track of out-of-sight kills. They could use another indicator, but I like how clean the interface is now.

I think it was too many medals. I like how it is reduced but you’re still rewarded for some of the crazier and harder kills.

Personally, I’d prefer the opposite, OP.

> 2533274938678576;1:
> Guys, I liked the kill medals. It let me know when one of my grenades, got a kill. Or when I assisted in killing someone, it gave me an assist medal. I don’t care too much at the****end of the game if they added to my total medals, but I do care about it in the heat of battle.
> If I chuck a nade, and it kills someone, I want to see the ‘grenade kill’ at the bottom.
> If I get a nice headshot, or hell even if I shoot them in the toe, and it kills them, on a blue map, and they are blue, where I can’t really make out if I killed them from far away… I’d like some sort of indication that is easily noticeable that I killed them.
>
> Yes, I do know that some people disliked the enormous amount of medals, but can’t we have a way to turn them on/off? I mean, they were able to phase them out really easily it seems, maybe they can make it an option and we can all be satisfied.
>
> Anyway, thanks for looking, reply if you’d like! But… be constructive.

See, I would prefer the opposite to the bolded statement. I don’t mind all of my stats (grenade kills, laser kills, sniper rifle kills) being tracked via medals that I see in the post game. I just don’t want that crap popping up in the game itself. I got a kill in h4 koth the other day that had two rows of medals. Two rows!

Now that said, the part in italics would be a perfect solution. If they kept the entire library of medals, but we could choose which medals pop up in game, then everyone wins.

The community did so much work to get rid of them, and now you want them back. They are 100% unnecessary, to confirm a kill the game not only gives you an audible ping, but you have a kill feed to you left.

I liked having all the medals for simple things. I don’t think it lessens a medals meaning, it’s just a way to track how well I’ve done and how. After a match I can look at my medals, see how many headhots I got, sword kills I got etc.

Assist medals and grenade medals are nice because they give you kill confirmation if the enemy is out of sight, but those standard kill medals are awful.

> 2533274810150284;11:
> Assist medals and grenade medals are nice because they give you kill confirmation if the enemy is out of sight, but those standard kill medals are awful.

At least they still have the sound when you get a kill with a grenade. So that’s good. I do think they should have had grenade and assist medals though.

> 2533274938678576;3:
> > 2533274870489921;2:
> > For just getting a kill with a power weapon or a generic kill? No. Medals should be given for actual feats instead of just being handed out with everything you do. In order to indicte a kill you could just get shown “+10” for a kill and “+5” for a assist (or whatever amount of points you get with it).
>
>
> Did you even read my comment? I said that at the end it doesn’t need to be added to our total medals, I just wanted something easily noticeable to indicate we got a kill in the heat of a battle.

Hold your horses.
I just didn’t want them to get handed out willy nilly either way. The “+10” indication should suit you just fine.

> 2533274870489921;13:
> > 2533274938678576;3:
> > > 2533274870489921;2:
> > > For just getting a kill with a power weapon or a generic kill? No. Medals should be given for actual feats instead of just being handed out with everything you do. In order to indicte a kill you could just get shown “+10” for a kill and “+5” for a assist (or whatever amount of points you get with it).
> >
> >
> > Did you even read my comment? I said that at the end it doesn’t need to be added to our total medals, I just wanted something easily noticeable to indicate we got a kill in the heat of a battle.
>
>
> Hold your horses.
> I just didn’t want them to get handed out willy nilly either way. The “+10” indication should suit you just fine.

There is no +10 indicator in Halo 5. What do you mean?

What we really need is a list for the top 3 medals again. I dont know how many overkills I missed in H4 or MCC because there was no reason to search them between everyones “comeback” and “generic kill” medals.

> 2533274870489921;2:
> For just getting a kill with a power weapon or a generic kill? No. Medals should be given for actual feats instead of just being handed out with everything you do. In order to indicte a kill you could just get shown “+10” for a kill and “+5” for a assist (or whatever amount of points you get with it).

I’m with this. Seeing too many medals pop up devalued the really good ones (multikills, sprees, etc). I’m a fan of the simply UI text notification for many of those previous medals (eg. +10 kill, +5 assist).

> 2533274795233660;14:
> There is no +10 indicator in Halo 5. What do you mean?

There is no +10 in H5, but I know I’d like to see something similar. The kill feed is hard to distinguish when it’s something you’ve done. I think there should be some way, without a medal, to indicate you’ve finished an opponent or you’ve picked up an assist.

> 2533274818521550;15:
> What we really need is a list for the top 3 medals again. I dont know how many overkills I missed in H4 or MCC because there was no reason to search them between everyones “comeback” and “generic kill” medals.

But you can just open up the medals after the game on the scoreboard and see how many you’ve gotten.

I’m glad it’s gone, I don’t need participation rewards, I want rewards for accomplishments. Pointless medals cause too much clutter anyway.

Its 2015. Just give us toggles for everything. I don’t want to see that I got a medal for a regular kill, my ego isn’t that fragile that I need to be validated for EVERYTHING. Toggles for classic medals, toggles for the amount of medals, toggles for sprint, boost, GnP, toggles for pov, toggles, toggles toggles.