the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs

anyone else think the 8th mission had a bit of a star wars trench run?

luke destroys the death star
that start making one in episode 5
darth vader is luke’s father
good guys meet midget bear people
luke and leia are siblings yet they snogged in ep 4, kinky eh?
luke fights emperor
luke dying, darth vader grows a heart and kills emperor
vader dies
luke sad
death star blows up
midget bear people celebrate with dead storm trooper head bongo drums

I had that thought. But I was thinking more along the lines of Starfox
^SPOILER, Video of the 8th mission run to Starfox music.
(Come to think of it, I just posted this in your other thread. Didn’t mean to seem like I was trying to promote it. It just fits so well into your thread topic)

> anyone else think the 8th mission had a bit of a star wars trench run?
>
>
>
>
> luke destroys the death star
> that start making one in episode 5
> darth vader is luke’s father
> good guys meet midget bear people
> luke and leia are siblings yet they snogged in ep 4, kinky eh?
> luke fights emperor
> luke dying, darth vader grows a heart and kills emperor
> vader dies
> luke sad
> death star blows up
> midget bear people celebrate with dead storm trooper head bongo drums
>
>

You think when infinty made the hole in the ship and chief went in I said You’re all clear, kid, now let’s blow this thing and go home!

Inb4thecampaignsucks

OT: It did reminded of the trench run but it also brought me back to Starfox 64. I was genuinely surprised 343 brought a space section back.

Suffice to say…ALL RANGE MODE FTW!

Yeah, it definitely had a more Star Fox feel to it for me. Which isn’t bad at all.

i’ve honestly never played a starfox game XD

but did anyone else really like the controls?

i mean they felt nice, soft and fluid especially for what they were unlike a LOT of games where you have a grid as such and you simply move up one block, left one block, forwards one block and there’s no actualy flying (like the early ish mission in AC3 when you’re an eagle"

> i’ve honestly never played a starfox game XD
>
> but did anyone else really like the controls?
>
> i mean they felt nice, soft and fluid especially for what they were unlike a LOT of games where you have a grid as such and you simply move up one block, left one block, forwards one block and there’s no actualy flying (like the early ish mission in AC3 when you’re an eagle"

You would’ve liked Starfox. Just sayin’

> i’ve honestly never played a starfox game XD
>
> but did anyone else really like the controls?
>
> i mean they felt nice, soft and fluid especially for what they were unlike a LOT of games where you have a grid as such and you simply move up one block, left one block, forwards one block and there’s no actualy flying (like the early ish mission in AC3 when you’re an eagle"

You should. You haven’t lived life until you’ve touched the first two Star Fox games (three if you count the cancelled Star Fox 2, which you can play).

Though the original is pretty good, Star Fox 64 is godly. You can buy the remake on the 3DS too. Or you can be lazy and just download emulators to play the game xD.

DO A BARREL ROLL!

i don’t like playing outdated games :’(

i know i shouldn’t and i LOVED some really old games now (pokemons, goldun sun, crackdown, spyro, crash bandicoot) but damn i just can’t bring myself to play them anymore because things just feel so out dated and terrible especially after playing their sequals :’(

I felt homage to Doom, Wolfienstien, Battletoads, Metroid and in this example’s case, StarFox, not Star Wars.

It was an awesome part. I honestly would have preferred more engaging music, but what was given wasn’t bad. “Epic” music was used when “engaging” would have been better used IMO.
More intricate tunnels and even maneuvers would be greatly appreciated for the 2nd go.

Thought of Starfox before I thought of Star Wars.

> i don’t like playing outdated games :’(
>
> i know i shouldn’t and i LOVED some really old games now (pokemons, goldun sun, crackdown, spyro, crash bandicoot) but damn i just can’t bring myself to play them anymore because things just feel so out dated and terrible especially after playing their sequals :’(

I don’t know, i find most of the older games in my collection to hold up pretty well. Some games like Golden Eye are just ones you have to play when they were released ;/

not sure if it was golden eye but i certainly played one james bond game on the N64

most of the maps had long grey corridoors however it was rather fun XD

Ugh that was my first thought as I started zipping thru that place, go figure Halo managed a good death star trench run…

> anyone else think the 8th mission had a bit of a star wars trench run?
>
>
>
>
> luke destroys the death star
> that start making one in episode 5
> darth vader is luke’s father
> good guys meet midget bear people
> luke and leia are siblings yet they snogged in ep 4, kinky eh?
> luke fights emperor
> luke dying, darth vader grows a heart and kills emperor
> vader dies
> luke sad
> death star blows up
> midget bear people celebrate with dead storm trooper head bongo drums
>
>

> not sure if it was golden eye but i certainly played one james bond game on the N64
>
> most of the maps had long grey corridoors however it was rather fun XD

Most likely Goldeneye. Fun times.

And Odd Job…that character broke the MP >.<