The Infinite Armor Name

So we know that Chief’s armor is Gen 3 Mjolnir, but I’ve looked around a bit and I can’t really find wether it has a specific name. Is it Mark VII? I know there was an actual previous iteration of Mark VII Gen 1 used by Naomi-010, which was a prototype, but is this the Gen 3 Mark VII? Or is it Mark VIII? If there is an official name established, please enlighten me.

The Mark VII worn by Naomi was actually the last Mjolnir Gen 1 iteration. After that they switched to the Gen 2 platform. I think they stopped using the Mark designation once they started creating Gen 2. So presumably the Gen 3 armor Chief is wearing in Infinite doesn’t have a Mark designation. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

> 2535472228083056;1:
> So we know that Chief’s armor is Gen 3 Mjolnir, but I’ve looked around a bit and I can’t really find wether it has a specific name. Is it Mark VII? I know there was an actual previous iteration of Mark VII Gen 2 used by Naomi-010, which was a prototype, but is this the Gen 3 Mark VII? Or is it Mark VIII? If there is an official name established, please enlighten me.

It is as HiddenXperia put it “Chief’s iconic Mark VI armor”
It does look like Mark VI. Maybe MVI Gen3 or a new prototype?

Assuming Infinite will feature customizable armor sets in mulitiplayer as previous games, it’s probably going to be called something like GEN 3 Mark VI.

this link also kind of explains why it looks nothing like the gen 2

> 2535435902217648;2:
> The Mark VII worn by Naomi was actually the last Mjolnir Gen 1 iteration. After that they switched to the Gen 2 platform. I think they stopped using the Mark designation once they started creating Gen 2. So presumably the Gen 3 armor Chief is wearing in Infinite doesn’t have a Mark designation. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Meant Gen 1 Mark VII, thanks for the notice. I just hope they do keep the Mark destination, I liked them

Just like in the GEN2 case, they will probably refer to it by the Marks for the GEN 1 variants. It will probably be called “Mark VI [GEN1]” armor, arms, legs, whatever, for the GEN3 variant John-117 is wearing.

I think the megablox constructs had something on that. some sort of display of all the master chiefs armors

chief’s armor in Infinite has been confirmed to be a Mark VI gen-3. we will also be getting Mark VII armor, but that’s a multiplayer armor and clearly designed differently from the Mark VI, more resembling the Mark V .

> 2533275026446288;9:
> chief’s armor in Infinite has been confirmed to be a Mark VI gen-3. we will also be getting Mark VII armor, but that’s a multiplayer armor and clearly designed differently from the Mark VI, more resembling the Mark V .
[/quote]
What’s your source for the Mark VII being in the game?

> 2533274849782428;10:
> > 2533275026446288;9:
> > chief’s armor in Infinite has been confirmed to be a Mark VI gen-3. we will also be getting Mark VII armor, but that’s a multiplayer armor and clearly designed differently from the Mark VI, more resembling the Mark V .
[/quote]
What’s your source for the Mark VII being in the game?
[/quote]
Unfortunately, this is one of those things that was confirmed through Infinite merchandising.

> > through Infinite themed Funko Pop figures and new Infinite themed MegaConstrux sets we learned that the mysterious red armor seen at the NYC toy fair is in fact the Mark VII MJOLNIR. in the MegaConstrux Halo Infinite Spartan Mark VII (which is the same style spartan as the red NYC spartan) product description, it states "Designed as it appears in Halo Infinite, this Spartan MK VII micro action figure is equipped for combat."
> > normally, I wouldn’t consider megaconstrux or other merchandise as anything substantial or official unless it is an actual named character (ie: Master chief, Noble 6, …). but this is very direct statement, confirming it will be in the game.

> 2535472228083056;6:
> > 2535435902217648;2:
> > The Mark VII worn by Naomi was actually the last Mjolnir Gen 1 iteration. After that they switched to the Gen 2 platform. I think they stopped using the Mark designation once they started creating Gen 2. So presumably the Gen 3 armor Chief is wearing in Infinite doesn’t have a Mark designation. Someone please correct me if I’m wrong.
>
> Meant Gen 1 Mark VII, thanks for the notice. I just hope they do keep the Mark destination, I liked them

Happy to help OP.

As for the Mark designation, I liked it too, but I don’t see it continuing. I say that because Gen 1 was not modular. Each Gen 1 Mark (x) was a new set of armor. With Gen 2 they switched to a more modular update system where new updates could be added as they went rather than pushing out an updated armor every few years.

> 2533275026446288;11:
> > 2533274849782428;10:
> > > 2533275026446288;9:
> > > chief’s armor in Infinite has been confirmed to be a Mark VI gen-3. we will also be getting Mark VII armor, but that’s a multiplayer armor and clearly designed differently from the Mark VI, more resembling the Mark V .
> >
> > What’s your source for the Mark VII being in the game?
>
> Unfortunately, this is one of those things that was confirmed through Infinite merchandising.
>
> through Infinite themed Funko Pop figures and new Infinite themed MegaConstrux sets we learned that the mysterious red armor seen at the NYC toy fair is in fact the Mark VII MJOLNIR. in the MegaConstrux Halo Infinite Spartan Mark VII (which is the same style spartan as the red NYC spartan) product description, it states “Designed as it appears in Halo Infinite, this Spartan MK VII micro action figure is equipped for combat.”
>
> normally, I wouldn’t consider megaconstrux or other merchandise as anything substantial or official unless it is an actual named character (ie: Master chief, Noble 6, …). but this is very direct statement, confirming it will be in the game.

What a world we live in, when we have to depend on flippin toys to get important information about the game. Does it mention whether it’s specifically Gen 3 Mk.VII, not 1 or 2?

> 2533274849782428;13:
> > 2533275026446288;11:
> > > 2533274849782428;10:
> > > > 2533275026446288;9:
> > > > chief’s armor in Infinite has been confirmed to be a Mark VI gen-3. we will also be getting Mark VII armor, but that’s a multiplayer armor and clearly designed differently from the Mark VI, more resembling the Mark V .
> > >
> > > What’s your source for the Mark VII being in the game?
> >
> > Unfortunately, this is one of those things that was confirmed through Infinite merchandising.
> >
> > through Infinite themed Funko Pop figures and new Infinite themed MegaConstrux sets we learned that the mysterious red armor seen at the NYC toy fair is in fact the Mark VII MJOLNIR. in the MegaConstrux Halo Infinite Spartan Mark VII (which is the same style spartan as the red NYC spartan) product description, it states “Designed as it appears in Halo Infinite, this Spartan MK VII micro action figure is equipped for combat.”
> >
> > normally, I wouldn’t consider megaconstrux or other merchandise as anything substantial or official unless it is an actual named character (ie: Master chief, Noble 6, …). but this is very direct statement, confirming it will be in the game.
>
> What a world we live in, when we have to depend on flippin toys to get important information about the game. Does it mention whether it’s specifically Gen 3 Mk.VII, not 1 or 2?

I do not know whether or not the Mark VII is going to be part of the gen-3 program. while nothing states what generations of armor this Mark VII is, it most likely will be gen-3.
First, considering that there is already a gen-1 Mark VII, and supposedly the Decimator is the gen-2’s incarnation of Mark VII, it would make sense for this one to be a gen-3.
Second, in each game (except 4) the multiplayer armor has been of the same platform as the campaign armor (CE: Mk 5, Mk 5. 2 and 3: Mk 6, Mk 6. reach: Mk 5__, Mk 5**. 5: gen-2, gen-2.(when it comes to the term “platform”, Mk 4-6 are more or less sub-platforms under gen-1, and gen-2 being more universal)) I don’t see chief (and blue team, looks like they got gen-3 as well as we see on the cover that new book) using a gen-3 while the rest of the spartans are a generation behind being very likely.**__

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Fanservice.